It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Vampirism - Awareness & Protection methods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Have you ever felt as if your energy were spontaneously being drained? It may not be your imagination.

Unlike the whimsical blood sucking, immortal Vampires of legend who can be recognized by their fatal allergy to sunlight... "Psychic Vampires" are a different type of parasitic being and believed by many to be quite real.

Psychic Vampires, also known as Psy-Vamps or Energy Vampires, may be ordinary everyday people with one very unique distinction... they have an uncanny ability to drain energy from others. Their peculiar talents enable them to absorb and feed off a small measure of their victims' life force.

History:

The earliest notable recognition of Psychic Parasitism in relation to Vampirism came in 1930 via the book Psychic Self-Defense, by British author and occultist Violet Mary Firth Evans under the pseudonym of Dion Fortune.

The author, having been left a mental wreck for several years as a result of her own Psychic-Attack experience, studied for many years on this and other subjects of oddity. Google Book Search has an excellent free preview of her Psychic Self-Defense book, here.

The specific term "Psychic Vampire" is believed to have first originated in 1969 from within the pages of The Satanic Bible, a book authored by and outlining the Satanic ideology of, Anton LaVey. LaVey used to term to describe an emotionally or spiritually weak individual who drains the vital energy of others.

Protection:

In 2003, Joe H. Slate Ph.D contributed an extensively informative article on the subject of Psychic Vampires to the llewellyn Journal. In it, Slate advises that one of the easiest and most effective techniques for protection against psychic attack, is the Finger Interlock Technique.

To utilize the technique, begin by touching together the tips of both thumbs and middle fingers to form two circles, as shown in the image below.

Once forming the two circles with your thumbs and middle fingers, envision yourself submersed in an inpenetrable bright sphere of energy and mentally affirm mentally or aloud with "I am now energized and fully protected"...

The technique may be used at any time you feel it is needed and the protective effects are said to be immediate.

Another of Slate's recommended methods for warding off Psychic Vampirism requires a Quartz Crystal, and involves the following:

Take the crystal and "deprogram" it by running cold water over it and then letting it air dry for awhile. Then to "install" a new program into the crystal, hold it in your hand and while gently rubbing your fingers over it, invite it to work with you toward defeating and neutralizing Psychic Vampirism in any form. Then say "please stay"... and keep the crystal close to you.

Read through Doctor Slate's article for further information on these protection techniques, as well as extensive information on the subject of Psychic Vampires.

Other Topic related links:

Wiki - Energy Vampire

Psychicvampire.org

Psycho-Magickal Vampirism

Psychic Vampires - And How To Deal With Them

Psychic Vampires

Types of Psychic Vampires *Popups...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
wow very informative, i really never encountered any of this kind of vampires, but i hear from people close to me that their energy was sucked. i really dont belive in this kind of vampires, but after this thread i gonna be more carefully.

thank u very much for spending ur time informing people

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hi Drzava,

Thank you very much for your kind words friend. I enjoyed researching the subject matter and creating the thread, I'm glad you've found it interesting or useful.

see

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Some decent threads

www.occultforums.com...
www.occultforums.com...
www.occultforums.com...
www.occultforums.com...
www.occultforums.com...
www.occultforums.com...

I personally dislike these parasites

llewellyn isn't really a credible source. Many of their books are stamped as "fluffy" and after having read everal of them I agree. Seeing the "protective" technique written out it is even more apparent. Setting up a simple shield can be done in numerous ways, but dealing with a pranic/energy vamp is a whole different matter.

If they want energy...just give it to them. But don't give the one they want, but something that makes them really ill for quite some time.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Enyalius]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
If they want energy...just give it to them. But don't give the one they want, but something that makes them really ill for quite some time.

You could, but I don't think that most psychic vampires know what they are doing. They don't realize that they are draining energy from other people. I had a friend once upon a time that I swear was one, I always felt drained after spending any length of time with them. But I don't think they knew that they were draining me. Seems like a nasty thing to do to someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well at times I can be a very nasty magus. Giving "bad" energy to the parasites is the least of the things I've done to some.

Besides everyone knows deep down what they're doing whether they are concious or unconcious about it.

And those that do know usually drop themselves in pathetic victem roles about how they have leaking aura's or missing a very important chakra and other flawed theories to hide behind.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Enyalius]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Not all psychic vampires are bad. I know some people who are aware of their constant need to drain energy and refrain from doing so or have "donors" who give them energy.

Also it works perfectly the other way around... most psychic vampires are excellent healers. Any problem in your astral body they can fix.

The problem is often that of awareness and ethics. If one is not aware of sucking up energy you can not help it. And if one is aware but doesn't have a nice set of ethics you could seriously harm other persons.

Juliet

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hi ambushrocks, I wondered if a Psy-Vamp sympathizer would come along, I see you've arrived.

Since you say that not all Psychic Vampires are bad and that most of them are excellent healers, do you also feel that not all rapists are bad and that most of them are excellent lovers?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Now I am not gonna allow myself to get angry over this statement. But it is quite rude what you said there.

Psychic vampirism is like elemental vampirism and sang vampirism not a chosen condition to be in.

The people lack the ability to create or hold on to chi/prana or whichever way you wish to call life energy. Is this their mistake? I don't believe so.

Now are they wrong if they steal energy from you... yes of course. Nobody should take anything from you without your permission.

Are they wrong when they receive energy from someone who is willing to donate their energy out of charity... No... at least not in my opinion.

Of course I'm very much aware of some kind of rituals that people practising darker magic use... they can easely be mistaken for psychic vampirism. I believe however that there is a big difference between those who are born as psychic vampires and those who try to seek it (and usually don't do much good with it).

Anyway... the comparing of vampires with rapists is very rude in my eyes.

Juliet

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here's a link to the black veil code of ethics for psychic vampires.... just to show how those who are aware and have a good set of values don't harm people.

www.apocalypse.org...

Some more about vampirism... quite a read but worth it

www.sacred-texts.com...

Juliet

Dae

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Nice thread seeingevil but I have to agree with Enyalius on his take of the 'fluffiness'. The finger and thumb thing could be excellent though, it reminds me of NLP and has the potential to protect.

I can understand why Enyalius has giving these people "bad energy" and being ticked off with them, heck I lived with one for 5 years and yes they do know they are doing it but they usually come out with some sort of victim hood thing, sickening really. Yet ambushrocks is also correct, they can be healers too, however its like having a doctor as an abuser, heal you up for more energy later.

Any "talents" these people have are usually just another way to get energy, whether its the ability to make people laugh or the projection of a beautiful soul (not real) or healing with energy. Its like an arsenal for them to keep the supply.

I can imagine that the gene pool has been thinned for energy stealers that dont have "talents", as passing on your DNA can be tough if noone wants to hang around you for more than 5 mins.

Reading the Pranics Vampires Anonymous pages has been very educational!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Interesting viewpoints Dae, thank you for your input.

Ambushrocks, it was a simple question.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
I had a friend once upon a time that I swear was one, I always felt drained after spending any length of time with them. But I don't think they knew that they were draining me.

Hi Jenna, thank you for your input.

My OP was really in regards to purposeful Psychic Vampirism such as I described and referenced with links to Fortune and Slate. I'm not referring to those who "don't know what they're doing", I do not believe in accidental or inadvertant Psychic Vampirism; That's not what my thread is about.

Genuine Psychic Vampirism is an intentional act upon the victim, it isn't a passive thing that just magically "happens" like so many misinformed people within the occult community believe.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Most people think vampires are evil because they take like in the way of sucking blood but with psy vampires yes they maybe able to take life and they could be doing it without having the slightest clue through anger or hate towards someone but the ability to take life is one and another ability is to give life. Psy vampires can take peoples life force, some may be aware of it and some may not but dont think that they are all bad because the gift of life is an ability that is truely amazing. Don't you think?

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Bullet Proof]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

llewellyn isn't really a credible source. Many of their books are stamped as "fluffy" and after having read everal of them I agree. Seeing the "protective" technique written out it is even more apparent.

Enyalius if I may ask, do you have a Ph.D. degree by any chance? And if not I'd like to know why you feel qualified to judge the work and research of someone who does.

Allow me to enlighten you a bit about the person whom you're seeking to discredit simply because their articles are hosted on the llewellyn website.

Joe H. Slate, Ph.D. is a practicing Psychologist in Alabama. He is the 2003 Distinguished Alumnus of the Year for Athens State University where he is Emeritus Professor, this is the only upper division University in Alabama.

As well, Slate is Honorary Professor at the University of Montevallo. He received postdoctoral studies in hypnosis and psychosomatic medicine at the University of California.

Slate's research on altered states and psychic processes has been funded by the United States Army, the Parapsychology foundation of New York, and various private sources.

Enyalius this isn't just some amateur over on occultforums.com, this is an educated professional who speaks based on years of research funded by the United States government and others.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So much informtaion! lol, I will have to take some time to read it all. I have heard of psychic vampires before in a few of my books; and encountered an annoying amount of them in everyday life.

Actually there's a person in the company I work for that just makes everyone SO dreary everytime she comes in; she's very nice and all, she just drains us. Pun not intended
I find that after I get drained, for a little while I am just confused and out of it, and I tend to make mistakes that I wouldn't normally make. Very frustrating, all in all.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think anyone who doesn't hold much faith in new age belief would be quick to dismiss the idea of an energy vampire, but that would be a dire mistake.

I'd say nearly everyone has, or will have such an encounter.

Think about it, do you know someone who is always down or depressed? Or perhaps someone who always wants to borrow something off you or even someone who just seems to always want to talk to you about their problems?

How exactly do you feel after your encounter with them? More often than not you will feel drained, possibly annoyed at them for coming to/bothering you yet again.

However they will likely be the opposite, and tell you how much better they feel now for talking/spending time with you.

See what has happened? The sad fact is, neither of you have to actually be aware its happening, it just happens.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Degrees say very little, but the dedication you spend on a subject is more important. And if I have to list all my degrees we'll be sitting here tomorrow as well. I've had encounters with "enough" professionals speaking about subjects like these from an academic point of view which rarely to never had anything to do with how true practitioners do it and what they encounter. So once more...degrees hold very little ground to me.

And I agree that there are idiots roaming occultforums and you always have to be skeptical. But those threads give a lot more insights then some academic student can provide. I'd rather follow a discussion between "amateures" that have been at it for years with full devotion then listening to some academic moron that just came looking around the corner thinking he has credibility because he merely has a degree.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Enyalius]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
i don't know if i believe this but you did put alot of work into it

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   

And if I have to list all my degrees we'll be sitting here tomorrow as well.

Really now, well personally I'd be very interested in reading a list of all the degrees you have, no matter how long it takes. By all means, please do share

top topics

<<   2 >>

join