It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO State of emergency

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Drzava

I wouldn't let it get to you. In any community, there will always be those who wish to impose their wrath on the younger or newer members. World governments work much the same way. If you stay here long enough, your skin will thicken. Just keep searching for the truth. You're doing a great job. Don't let people like that bring you down. If they know you're bothered by it, they will keep doing it unfortunately. Many of them have egos that can reach the stars, with little common sense on how to act civil towards their fellow man. You have done something they won't -- leaving the shelter of their home and privacy behind a computer to seek out real facts in a public place. You have a handy ignore feature on the left side of your screen next to a user's posts. For the posters you find to be troublesome, just click the ignore button. Kudos to you, and please continue to do so and share your results with the people here that want to see them.

[edit on 8/22/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Maybe the questioning is being done in the wrong way. Instead of asking if there is a UFO preparedness plan, tell them that you are doing some research into old civil defense laws back during the cold war. You were wondering where to go or whom to talk with about it.

Also, mention several different plans types of plans you would be interested in, such as what was suppose to be done in case of the atomic bomb, a regular bomb, enemy aircraft, or aircraft that couldn't be identified.

People may be more willing to talk then if they knew it was more for personal research and you supposedly were a history buff. They may direct you to someone in your local historical society or know of an older person who is a real history buff that can talk to you or direct you to the information you are looking for.

Maybe after awhile when the person you are talking to doesn't think you are a complete nut, you may be able to ask about a UFO preparedness plan. Remember the question was asked indirectly under aircraft that couldn't be identified.

If someone was really seriously wanted to investigate and have a good cover, join the historical society. Talk to the heads if they have any research done in local law and emergency plans during the time period the UFO preparedness plan would have been created. If not, tell them your interested, and think it would enrich the town's history. You would like to do the project yourself.

It would take longer, and you would actually have to do a project. People would take you more seriously, and I bet be more willing to help you out and direct people who can lead you to the truth. I have a feeling any librarians that may have given you problems before, would be more helpful and let you look at some older books as long as you were extra careful with them.

Seriously, I never run into a librarian letting you read books at the library. It may be that the books are old and about ready to fall apart though, or thought you might want to steal them.

I suggest not doing this in biker's gear, jeans with a lot of holes in them, potentially offensive teeshirts, or Simpson's tee shirts. The Simpson's tee shirt and someone asking about a UFO preparedness plan would make me laugh. What episode were you watching?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
i went to the town hall they send me to the police, than i asked the police and then they make fun of me, and filmed me with one of the police man camera phone--they told me to call area 51--, so i guess it will be on youtube sooner or later. now i wanna know if there is any legal action i can take.

I can't believe they acted in such an unprofessional manner, that's very disappointing. I'm not sure if there is any legal action you can take. If I were you, though, I might make a complaint to the Chief of Police.

niv

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion 1210 Development work for industry in NASA wind tunnels
1211 [Reserved]
1212 Privacy Act-NASA regulations

From Here.

Not sure what "reserved" means in this
context, but I'll look.

I wouldn't read anything into the use of "reserved". Lawyers (I'm one) use that term regularly to indicate a deleted section when they didn't want to go to the effort to change the entire section numbering system. In the case of state and federal laws (not sure about local ones) they usually state somewhere in the statute exactly what was deleted and when.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by niv]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
Well for one I don't appreciate the dead guy in the OP's avatar. Second, what, four posts in and he goes into a tryraid and use all caps just because people have a problem swallowing the "Some guy . . ."

[edit on 8/21/2007 by bobafett1972]

[edit on 8/21/2007 by bobafett1972]

I am sorry but this is just an attack. If I had a picture of the Mona Lisa, would anyone care?

While I understand that people want posts to be fully explained and detailed, if he didn't get the name, then it IS some guy.
I have spoken to some very interesting and actual "some guys". Not all of us have vivid memories. I recall conversations, but not the people.
This wasn't even the main point of the story. It was to encourage you to question your local community about UFO procedures.

I do think there should be some clarification on whether just a UFO sighting is considered an emergency, or if only in the case of an attack.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Originally posted by niv

I wouldn't read anything into the use of "reserved". Lawyers (I'm one) use that term regularly to indicate a deleted section when they didn't want to go to the effort to change the entire section numbering system.

Niv,
I appreciate your post !

So, from what you say; this is very probably
a law, or statute ?

If this is so, a lot of people are either mis-
quoting due to ignorance, or outright lying.

Your input is greatly esteemed.

Regards,
Lex

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join