It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO State of emergency

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I wouldn't evacuate. I would be quite happy to stay where I am. I have survived a F5 tornado as a child, and I think I can cope with a landing. I have had several experiences with ufos and have photographed and sighted them visually.

I fear more for what mankind does to itself than an encounter from our siblings amongst the stars.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hey Man, Interesting Post!! Mad Props for the find! Even if Dover always kicked our ass's at soccer ;? Its hard to believe that people are only finding out about our local UFO policy's now.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hi everybody, i have bad news, for me. i went to the town hall they send me to the police, than i asked the police and then they make fun of me, and filmed me with one of the police man camera phone--they told me to call area 51--, so i guess it will be on youtube sooner or later. now i wanna know if there is any legal action i can take.

sorry if i disappointed many people, now i dont have any proof sorry,

i also went to the library, they have tons of laws and stuff, but the librarian in charge wont let me look.
once again sorry if i disappointed u guys,

if u see any videos related to the police of dover and a guy asking for ufo stuff,i ma the one that have a homer Simpson t-shirt(black).
im sorry u guys!!

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hey Man,

Don't worry too much. Im sure others who replied will bring back evidence from the locations they reside to give you evidence that was required for the site.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
now i gonna try to make this topic clear cuz i think is important.
... every town in the united states has a ufo state of emergency policy thats says if a ufo lands, or attacks a city, the big alarm will sound and police and other forces has to evacuate the people in town. then later i went to my town hall-[DOVER NEW JERSEY US-07801-] And i asked if there was such policy, then they said yes we do, and said everybody has to evacuate, etc etc. just like any other kind of state of emergency. this policy was billed about 1948...

Great post Drzava, and nice Avatar. (Don't listen to the bullies.) Keep posting if you have anything new about this. It looks like you might be on to something here. Be sure to tell us about it if they provide any actual documents.

You might consider handing them a freedom of information request. As a US citizen you have a right to see ANY public unclassified documents concerning policy. Let me know if I can help with this...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Drzava

I'm not disappointed. I think that is very brave of you. But I think it is the sort of thing one might bring to an open question period at a meeting of the town council (or whatever sort of local system is followed such as the commission form of local governement).

Asking a broader question or series of questions might get better answers such as: what are the categories of emergency that would cause an evacuation of our town, what are the categories of emergency that would cause activation of the Civil Defense system (I think it is still called that in the States), and finally may I have a copy of the town's regulations regarding the causes and deployment of an emergency evacuation or do I need to go through FOIA to get access to those documents....

I hope some of these ideas may be helpful.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Drzava

Are you refering to the Dover Demon

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think people went a little wild at the OP; I don't understand why the statement "I have this story, and I will try to post documentation" gets such a rabid response. Okay, maybe it would have been better if there had been something posted originally in the way of supporting documentation, but other than that... lighten up. It wasn't like he was perpetrating a hoax.

I personally think the story is interesting, but without documentation I can conclude nothing other than that it isn't proven.

[edit on 8/22/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

i also went to the library, they have tons of laws and stuff, but the librarian in charge wont let me look.

???? Won't let you look? That's what the library is there for! I can understand if they won't let you check out reference books; that's normal, but 'won't let you look' is incredible, unless there's something else going on here I don't understand that you haven't said.

Ask to see the Branch Manager. Try to understand exactly what their reasoning is so you can fight back effectively. Ask to see Library Policies that govern this incidence. Build your case. Write to the Director of the Library, politely asking for a reply. If that doesn't work, ask for the names of the people on the Board of Trustees and write to them asking for a clarification of policy. If your library is a City Department and this avenue does not work, start on the City side and work up to the City Council. It's important to use the chain-of-command here and to be polite. You don't want to circumvent someone who actually may be able to help. Frankly, you want to give them a chance to mend their evil ways before it gets too far. By showing how serious you are you give them a chance to save face and make things right.

Having said all that, it's your responsibility to do the research yourself, which could take some time. Here's a typical heirarchy to follow in registering a complaint. It may not follow precisely, but you get the idea.

Reference Librarian (on the desk)
Branch Manager (in charge of building)
Manager of Branches (in charge of all branches)
Director (In charge of whole system)
Board of Trustees (Citizens in charge of policy and direction)
--- and if a City Library:
Department Head that oversees library (if any, could be Director above)
Mayor or City Manager
City Council

If you follow what I laid out here, you CAN'T lose. Give me the library's web site and I'll tell you exactly who to contact.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Hi everybody, i have bad news, for me. i went to the town hall they send me to the police, than i asked the police and then they make fun of me, ........
........if u see any videos related to the police of dover and a guy asking for ufo stuff,i ma the one that have a homer Simpson t-shirt(black).
im sorry u guys!!

What a shame. People can be real jerks sometimes. Going straight to the source and asking was the right thing to do

I think what you are after would be well known by those in my generation and maybe unknown or forgotten these days. What you are looking for is information about "Civil Defense". Most towns and cities have old forgotten loudspeakers around town. Some working and some not. These were put up during WW2 and the Cold War. These sirens were a warning system for the approach of an Unidentified Aircraft or an Enemy Aircraft. Three long sirens meant an Air Raid Alert was being sounded. We were then sent to Bomb Shelters or our homes if we were at work or school. We held drills constantly. Contrary to the revised history on this site, the World was a much more dangerous place then than now. These sirens to alert us to what amounts to "Unidentified" Aircraft have been forgotten. I'm sure the Civil Defense Laws are still on the books. Hence you are correct. There ARE Civil Defense procedures for the approach of an "Unidentified" Aircraft or UFO.

Don't let the jerks on here get you down. I did not have time to read all the pages but I'm sure there were some decent people responding. You had the courage to go to the source and ask. I'll bet your critics did not. Keep posting your ideas. From what I read on the first couple of pages you did a good job of controlling your responses.

If this crap does not stop ATS is going to start loosing ground and turn into yet another Troll hangout for those suffering from Delusions of Grandeur. Rude is not a desirable character trait. Mean is not a desirable character trait. Nasty is not a desirable character trait. I'm still waiting to see how capital letters is more troublesome than these ridiculous personal attacks. It reminds me of the Chicken Coops when I was growing up. If a Chicken became injured or sick or showed any sign of weakness all the other Chickens would jump on them, kill them and eat them. When people have low self esteem they tend to jump at any opportunity to attack others and try and make them look bad. If they perceive weakness or youth they attack just like the chickens.

[edit on 8/22/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
OK, so I vent on the library. More closely on topic, I wouldn't be at all surprised if every municipality had a policy document like this. Bureaucrats love policy documents. When I started work 'in the bureaucracy' we had a down-home, funny personnel policy and a few policies filed away in file cabinets. Many years later the policy documents took up two three-foot shelves in my office. There were Policies & procedures documents for everything imaginable. Frankly, it was a nightmare to deal with, but Hey! Working on a policy document was considered 'real work' and showed how 'productive' you were.

So the fact is that modern municipal government has policies on anything they can think of. Many times they crib from the city down the road. When they are all done they put it in a binder, put the binder on the shelf, and basically forget about it until someone decides it needs to be revised. In order to 'cover all bases' UFOs might very well be addressed. But even if every city and county in the country had a policy in place, it wouldn't prove a government cover-up.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Some info -

Wiki Civil Defense Info

There is a picture of one of the Air Raid Sirens toward the bottom of the article.

An example of these Civil Defense Codes -
Example of Codes

Another example -
Example 2

When these Civil Defense Systems were still in use any Unidentified Aircraft would have set things into motion. I have not found the info yet but I believe these systems were mandated during the Cold War early on. If that is the case then every town or municipality should have similar or identical laws on the books. I doubt it is anything to do with hiding anything. UFO does not mean Alien but only means the Aircraft is Unidentified. This is probably what the person was telling you about.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I haven't received a reponse, as of yet, from Dover Town Hall resulting from my email to them yesterday about all this.

I guess they're too busy thinking of new taxes to answer a couple of questions about their UFO Emergency Plan.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Originally posted by midnightdark

Check out this link www.sacred-texts.com/ufo/et-law.htm

Ok, I found this interesting, so I did some digging.

Came up with this :

Part
1210 Development work for industry in NASA wind tunnels
1211 [Reserved]
1212 Privacy Act-NASA regulations

From Here.

Not sure what "reserved" means in this
context, but I'll look.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Drzava

Welcome to ATS! And good work! I look forward to hearing more about this. If you haven't read Chapter 13 of the FEMA firefighter's guide, you should do so. It outlines procedures for what to do in the event of a UFO emergency. No doubt the government is aware of UFOs -- they have been for decades.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I got "snickered" at and was told "not to my knowledge". I'm not sure I'm through looking into this...it's just too much fun to get snickered at to let it go at one snicker. Today's enquiry was on the phone. Next one will be in person so they can snicker in my face.

[edit on 8-22-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i want to ask my town hall if they hav a ufo preparedness plan.

it would be interesting to see what a small canadian town is going to do about flying objects in the sky!

MAYOR:all right everyone throw your snowballs with rocks in them!!!
*throws snowballs.....nothing....

MAYOR:Our only weapons have proven useless!!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ok, here's the reply I got...

The City has an Emergency Plan that deals with many emergency situations
and natural disasters. Basic emergency management principals do enable
City Officials to deal with any emergency or disaster situation. Thank
you for your interest in emergency management.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Astrithr]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
If you haven't read Chapter 13 of the FEMA firefighter's guide, you should do so. It outlines procedures for what to do in the event of a UFO emergency. No doubt the government is aware of UFOs -- they have been for decades.

Actually, you are referring to Chapter 13 of Fire Officer's Guide to Disaster Control. A book written by a couple of ordinary citizens, not FEMA or another gov't agency, as a guide for Fire Officials.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join