It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Thoughts On The Ouija-If You Are Afraid Of It, Don't Use It!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
People fear the unknown. People also fear the supernatural, or sometimes spiritual matters. There are so many rumors, legands, and stories about ouija boards, that Parker Brothers will never need to spend ONE $$$ on advertising. There are books written about HOW TO USE, WHY NOT USE, DON'T EVER USE, you get the idea.

Now, here are my thoughts.......

There is some speculation as to exactly HOW a Ouija Board works. Is it subconscience? Is someone deliberatly pushing? Or *gasp* a Spirit? Either human, or inhuman?

Now-if you belong to a religion that forbids playing with the ouija as "evil", don't you think that maybe, maybe, because that is what you think WILL come through (an evil entity), that you have already set yourself up for a negative experince? That even if a "demon" doesn't show-up, the experience will be as real, as if one really did? I mean fear, can "chill" you, cause racing thoughts, tight breathing, you know, some of the symptoms of "spiritual attack".

Or let's say, your friend have told you so many scary ouija stories, (like the one about the Plancette flying on it's own & putting out a Woman's eye), that you are scared to sleep with a ouija board in your room. Now, if you are scared of the Ouija Board, do you really think it is possible to have a GOOD experience with it? If you expect something "really scary" to happen, guess what? It will! And, it probably has less to do with the "Spirit World", and more to do with your own fears.

Just a few thoughts.....

How it changed my life:
The most terrifying experiences I ever had with a ouija board, probably had to do with my own "guilt" over using one. Yes, bad things happened when I used the board(s) in the past. But the boards themselves are not haunted.

(BTW-this is my first post, so I hope this is the right section for this topic)

[Edited on 12-29-03 by Spiritchild]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Great post!!

It makes alot of sence! And i have to agree with you,

I have never used one, due to the fact of my own fears

And i also believe you can draw bad energy to you if fear
it,
Welcome on board spiritchild.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
thank you Asala!
BTW-I love your Avitar

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
First of all, welcome to the board!

I agree with fear causing bad things to happen. All things in this world are governed by energy, fear is a negative energy which will draw more negative energy. You are right, the boards themselves are not "haunted", "evil", or bad in any way. If a person uses one with no fear, anger, pain, or suffering, then bad things will not happen.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I've had a few experiences with a ouija board. I don't think it's evil and I don't necessarily believe it's spirits talking to us. I'm just not sure.

Two weird things happened while I was "using" one.

The first one was with a friend and it wrote out that I was a "mastermind." Have NO idea what that means, but afterwards, I was never able to use the board by myself. When I would try, the thingy (I know - thingy is not the right word but you know what I mean!
) would move fast across the board and go off on the side. It would not answer a question for me when I was alone but if I was with someone else, it "worked."

The second strange thing that happened was when I was using it with another friend of mine. We were asking questions and one thing it said about me was that my boyfriend's mother had died (didn't happen - she's still alive today). Another thing it said was that my friend was going to marry another one of our friends. Actually it said - marry - (friend's name here) - nine months. We both laughed because they weren't even dating but she ended up marrying him after she became pregnant.

Kind of strange!

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I've had a few experiances with a Ouija board... And I'll tell you right now, I will NEVER go near one again. But I am positive there is more to them than your mind moving the oracle, or your partner trying to play a trick on you. For those of you who read this and laugh at me, go with whatever you believe, but for those of you who read this thread and believe in the paranormal and want to toy with one of these boards, be warned.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I laugh at ouija boards...Me and a couple friends got to talking about them and what experiences we have all ha withthem so we decided to go buy one and check it out...We bought one..went home and set it up..then all of the sudden.....we found out it sucked and I sold it to some kid at school for 5 dollars
ouija boards are retarded IMO

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I am aware that the boards themselves are not evil, no more evil than a gun

However, as with the gun, people need to learn how to use the Ouija board before buggering around with them.

I know of people who played with one and had no response whatsoever. I have also met people who used them and ended up at the wrong end of a negative entity. I believe that those who got no response were just lucky. I posted somewhere the story about my brother and his friend (who believe that just because his mother was a spiritualist, that it was ok for him to play with the board too). They had a somewhat scary expereince.

What I am saying is that unless you know what you are doing with a board, you should not play with them. Trained spiritualists and witches use them regularly with no negative results - purely because they are trained, and know what to do if something untoward happens. I am not trained, and unless/until I am so trained, I will leave the Ouija alone.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ok, to start, two things concerning the original post. I'll work through this in reverse order. First off, yeah, I agree the boards themselves aren't 'haunted' that part I find factual, but much like other areas and symbolics (pentagrams, numeric values such as 13 and 666) it's not the board that's 'haunted' it the board that acts as a medium/channel and a method of allowing yourself to open up, and further more open your mind up. At this point is where my second problem with this comes in (and yes I do know urban legends and the rest), with the things you've stated you more closed minded than you'd probably like to admit. If you don't believe opening yourself up to be a danger. Now you yourself sad bad things have happened, now for some one who's supporting the facts that others have already said you talk doubletongue, much like a drunk who says the alcohol doesn't do bad things or bring about bad things. When you open yourself up something be it demon or not is going to come in because that's what the boards channeling capabilities were designed to do to bring something to you. That right there my friend is why many mainstream religions such as christianity forbid the use of them. And if that's not your belief there's still something there and any one who's used one and had the experience will support this. So you nice and tidey, bad things happen cause you want them to happen, is a nice close minded point of view and to that matter a very stupid one to pass this off as a nice little toy. Despite your mindstate bad things will happen despite your perspective of the situation. Just a few thoughts, rotf.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
We actually had a cursed ouija board at one point and got rid of it rather quickly I might add. I'm not going to go into details but the person we gave it to recieved a great deal of misfortune.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i bought a ouiga board some time ago and had no success.I live across the street from a cemetary and have more success there than anywhere.
I even put the board in my bed next to me one night while i slept,just to test it.
I would leave it out on the table for days at a time,nothing.
No spirit is going to mess with me,I dare it.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
They aren't cursed they're just demonic.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ive never tried one, but Im really interested in trying out of my own curiousity.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think ouija boards, (like tarot cards,ESP cards, and any divination tools), allow the user to focus their own attention, and doing so allow spiritual communication to happen. The boards themselves have no power. But the human mind has so much untapped & unknow power.

Evolution would say that as time passes, if their is a trait, or power we do not use, that skill will atrophy. There was a time when Mankind would have needed to rely on "extra"-senses for survival.As we developed as a spieces, we would have relied less, and less on our paranormal abilities.

I think the truly gifted people are those who can (and do) tap into this power. Bottom line? The ouija is a tool, and if used properly, spiritual communication is possible.

I know....I have had good experiences & bad experiences while using the board. The bad experiences, I believe, had more to do with fear, and my own guilt (Christian guilt) when first using the board.

BTW-I had bought a brand-new glow-in-the-dark ouija board, and used it one night with my Sister & a friend.

My Sister is a total non-believer (in religion, or the paranormal). When she placed her hands alone, on the board, the plancette started to spell things out. I know my Sister wasn't faking, and to this day she refuses to talk about that night

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think the same as most of you, it depends on what you attract will be what you get. Not saying some people are 'evil' but maybe on the negative side of things.

It has never worked for me, it makes me sad because nobody wants to talk to me
... I guess I'm just not a good receiver, I always have hated answering the phone.

But I'm planning on trying it out this coming weekend, not alone of course. Wish me luck or something

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
JustAnIllusion and Requiem - post what happened when you tried it. Maybe in a new thread so we will realize you did it. It will be interesting to see what happens.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Like some of you I've had some experiences that I had remembered after reading your stories.

The first time I had ever used a ouiji board we got in contact with a passed relative and that spirit actually touched the top of my hand on the glass, I didn't really take any notice of the drop in temperature untill another person put their hand on top of mine and definately concluded that it was cold.

Another time friends and I were using the board, I started shivering uncontrollably. Every time we stopped contact, I would stopped. Starting up again would start my uncontrollable shiver once more. What could this be the result of, were spirits on top of me, all around me or what?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
pisky is right it is advisable to do a good amount of research atleast before playing the particle board

1. never play the ouija alone
2. if the planchete starts counting down 10,9,8,7... or
or going through the days of the week put it on bye immediately and put it up atleast for a day.

3. if things start flying across the room, or if something scares you, or if you get tired of playing
ALWAYS PUT THE PLANCHETTE ON BYE BEFORE YOU STOP AND PUT IT UP!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
or if the planchette starts going to the four corners of the board instead of in a circle put it on bye and take a 24 hour brake.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well I will not use one of the things for the stories that I have heard about them. I have posted this before but I will post it again

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My Mother-In-Law is a very religous woman and alway's has been so when she told me about her experience with a Quija board I had to listen. She said that her and her Husband (my father-in-law) played the game about three years into their marriage to try and contact her mother whom she lost to Cancer when she was 6. She stated that the Quija board answered several personal questions that only she could have known correctly. She continued to use the board for several hours talking to a spirit that claimed to be her mother. After using the board for quite some time she said they both heard strange noises coming from the back bedroom in the house. They both went to investigate the sounds and what they saw scared them both to death.

The way that she described it was a transparent being that appeared like her mother but very "satanic" as she put it. She said it was her mother but it was an evil version of her mother.

They immediately took the Quija out back and burned it. However the apparation stayed for quite some time showing up when they least expected it to. Such as when she was getting out of the shower or opening a closet. She never used a Quija Board again and stated that the cruciffix around her neck has not been removed since this happened in 1963.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join