It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statement to Employees by Director of the Central Intelligence Agency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Statement to Employees by Director of the Central Intelligence Agency

www.cia.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:

Earlier this month, Congress passed a bill implementing some of the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission. The legislation, lengthy and complex, includes a provision dealing with the report that CIA’s Office of Inspector General prepared on the performance of our agency prior to September 11th. The act gave me 30 days to make available to the public a version of the report’s executive summary, declassified to the maximum extent possible. Today, well within deadline, I am releasing that material
(visit the link for the full news article)

edited to add proper linkage:
www.cia.gov...

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I haven\'t had a chance to read through the whole thing yet, but I thought there might be a few interested people here.

Mike Hayden makes it clear in his opening remarks that he was opposed to the release. Go figure.

I do find it interesting that the report repeatedly makes the point that there was no \"silver bullet\" or event to focus blame on. The theme seems to be that there wasn\'t good cooperation between divisions, that they were all over worked, understaffed, and funds were not appropriately distributed.

subbcindy
www.cia.gov...

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
www.cia.gov...

sorry about that, the link didn't work for me, but this is the correct one.

I'm off to read the posting directions again, and hopefully figure out what i did wrong.

subbcindy

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Interesting..

It would appear that there was a very big internal affairs investigation that went down in Langley ...

One thing I found interesting was that "no CIA officer was found guilty of breaking the law" .. Yet something prompted the investigators to suspect that a law may have been intentionally broken.

Essentially, I do not believe this to be useful at all. All this is, is a report of an investigation.. it says "an action was taken, or made aware to" a "manager" or "officer" so many freaking times, yet leaves out what the action or mis action was......

I am amazed the Intelligence branch of the government is standing back and letting the President burn them at the stake so publicly.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Great peace of Disinfo IMHO

top topics

join