It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the WTC's collapse because of F.A.E overpressure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been considered, it was a new thought to my twisted little mind, but the two 767's would act like a huge F.A.E. when they hit the towers, could it not be heat that brought the towers down but overpressure instead? is that the missing link as to why they came down as they did? seems it would have been tremendous amount of energy released at the time, to me this sound a lot more plausible then office furniture catching fire and melting/softening steel beams. Does ATS have any weapons experts that know more about FAE effects? here is a link to explain in more detail

F.A.E.

this is a new thought to me so I have not done all the math on this but it does make me wonder if we were looking the wrong direction

[edit on 21-8-2007 by thedigirati]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hmm interesting but would that cause the buildings collapse straight down? Most of the fireball exploded outside the building.

Plus I think we need to face facts the attack may never be solved completly. We can guess and speculate for the next century. I believe its time to move on.

[edit on 8/21/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
I don't know if this has been considered, it was a new thought to my twisted little mind, but the two 767's would act like a huge F.A.E. when they hit the towers

If that's what did it, then why didn't the towers fall immediately?

FEMA analyzes the explosion in the beginning of their report and say that it was a deflagration, not an explosion. It wasn't fast enough. In fact, it didn't even knock out all the windows on the floors it came out of.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Significant overpressures can be generated by both detonations and deflagrations. Most vapor cloud explosions are deflagrations, not detonations. Flame speed of a deflagration is subsonic, with flame speed increasing in restricted areas and decreasing in open areas

thats my point exactly, it was not an explosion, it was a deflagration, and as such would have cleared a lot of debris.....

it doesn't make sense to have it BOTH ways. either it was caused from a fuel fire, or it wasn't, but if it wasn't then the steel beams shouldn't have gotten soft.

another thread talks about bending wire coat hangers till the break, I think that reasoning is flawed, I think you should take the coat hanger and bang it with a sldge hammer, then hold it over a bic lighter or gas stove for twenty minutes then wait 40 more minutes then try and bend it, see it that makes it weaker.........

according to the "official" report, it should just snap in two on the 1st bend

top topics

join