It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for WRITERS for the ATSMIX (& other projects)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Were moving into new phases of our personal evolution and want to make YOU a part of it.

If you have any experience with writing in radio, television, advertising (or other), then we want to read and consider your 'copy' for ATSMIX (and other projects). We are considering accepting and possibly using writers for upcoming segments in a variety of areas. Please send your 'scripts', 'copy', original 'comedy sketches' to:

dave@atsmixDOTcom (change DOT with a . ) and "CC" to johnny@atsmixDOTcom

Please include your real first name along with your submission.

Johnny

[edit on 12-2-2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Johnny I just want to clarify what you guys are looking for.

Copy/scripts for topics (JFK, UFO's, Atlantis, etc.) to be discussed?

I understand the comedy bits but I just wanted to clarify exactly what you guys are looking for before I spend your guys time with my submission.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by SaucyRossy]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Any and all areas.. Do not think that comedy is the only area that we want (actually we do enough of that ourselves). Were looking for diversity in and on all areas.

Were not looking for threads to discuss (we have that covered in another post).. were looking for "writers". These are people that have the ability to put down or translate in to words what some have trouble saying (that would be Dave and I). If though you mean, scripts or copy for Dave and Johnny (or even possibly the writer him/herself) to read or to integrate into the show, then yes. If you mean perhaps like a fake commercial spot, then yes. If you mean something like a "fakeumentary" for Dave and I to act out, then yes. So I hope that helps clear up your query, the skies the limit (but all terms and conditions of decency do apply).

Johnny

Originally posted by SaucyRossy
Johnny I just want to clarify what you guys are looking for. Copy/scripts for topics (JFK, UFO's, Atlantis, etc.) to be discussed?

I understand the comedy bits but I just wanted to clarify exactly what you guys are looking for before I spend your guys time with my submission.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the quick reply Johnny! I will definitely submit some stuff.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
For those of you who aren't sure what Dave and Johnny want, try this. Radio scripting is a lot like writing a news story, but its done in a conversational way. If it helps, talking in to a tape recorder than type what yousaid in to a word processor document.

If that still doesn't flip your switch, try sending news links to Dave and Johnny that showcase stories you think would be interesting for them to talk about. They can't see everything on the internet, and you'd be helping them generate new material by point out things they might have missed.

It has been said that you should write what you know. Think about what catches your interest, and look in to it. If you can write your thoughts down (coherently) on a single page, you can write copy. Look at what goes on inside your own country that might be worthy of ATS, and do your homework. Then, think about lending your new-found knowledge to the ATS Mix.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Okay guys and gals..... SO and Springer are meeting with some folks in the next few weeks..... it looks more and more possible that the ATS MIX show will be MORE than just a PODCAST..... so..... IF you want to be a PART of THAT TEAM and PART of ATS and ATS MIX HISTORY...... NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!

Dave

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I emailed my submissions, if you don't get it I'll resend it!

Thanks,
ross

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Most excellent Dave and Johnny. Congratulations on your continuing success. As the world gets weirder and more difficult to understand the fine members of this forum help peel the onion and shine light in an Oracle of Delphi way. I am pleased and honored to be a member of this community. I'll try and get something out if my dogs don't eat it first.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I sent off a interview skit, I hope its what you are looking for, was fun to do.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'll just assume you guys got my submissions since I haven't heard anything back yet.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I have not heard anything back either, I am hoping they send rejection emails if they decide not to use our submissions.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I've actually written quite a bit of material, from goofy humor, to reflections of life on both ATS, and BTS.
Can I submit links as a reference for you? Or would you like new material?
If nothing else, it shows the several styles of writing I produce.
Thanks,
lombozo

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
well, I'm not betting the farm on my writing skills. Still, it would be nice to hear if this is on or not. I mean we should hear about it if it is, as by now there are a lot of scripts laying (lying) at their door.

Ok boys, stop hiding from the masses out here waiting to hear your selections.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Alrighty....

Here's the low-down people... First off thanks to those that have submitted.

Second, there's only two people working in our ATSmix office, and thats me and Dave...lol.. We try to get to the 100's of u2u's and emails we get constantly but were back-logged in a number of departments, so apologies all the way around.

Thirdly... The auditioning will continue as this project is slated for a future evolution (to come... yes.. in the future), and so we are wanting to be sure that we've got the right ingredients for the revolution...errr.. evolution.

Be assured that we are getting to each one, even if you've not received a response yet... were a bit guarded that way, not to mention that were still overwhelmed with just Dave and I at the helm.

So don't despair... we'll make a public announcement when the time is right (again.. thats in the future folks).

Thanks for your patience and submissions,
Johnny

And please feel free to hit us with more submissions, were keeping an open eye in the diversity department, so give us different styles and genre's to consider.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply. As long as we know this project hasn't been abandoned, we can rest happy. It gives us something to look forward to.

One thing that might help is feedback on the ideas so far submitted. Maybe use U2U to tell people what you do and do not like about their submissions. This might generate submissions more in line with what you need.

And since Dave isn't posting, he must really be working hard on all of this.

But no rush. We know you'll do it right, no matter how long it takes. And that's how it should be.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Any update guys? Looks like your very busy with the show and all so it's more than understandable if you guys haven't had the time to read the submissions yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So what came of all this? Was it an idea that didn't fly? Is it still in the planning stages? Has production came and went?

I feel like I'm in some strange Hollywood twilight zone.

So stop doing all night keggers and give us the scoop.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
If writing comedy includes satirical song parody... then please:

COMEDY WRITING EXAMPLE

Other types of writing available if that is deemed slightly humorous.

T Patrick

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I found this article a bit strange in light of this OP. It concerns Richard Belzer. Here's a link at USA Today from November 8th.

www.usatoday.com...

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hey Dave and Johnny , thanks for the reply!
Sure I will be happy to be your top choice.
I still think you should consider other offers just the same.
Also the salary is more than I could have imagined, Yes, Yes, Yes!
Next time however could you not call me collect?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join