It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to trade during a depression or collapse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have over 30,000 assorted pain killers ,and bunch of other stuff guess I could trade them off,surely someone is suffering from depression or perhaps a soccer mom hooked on pain killers,or if confronted by criminals give them some when they take effect take a 2x4 or something to them

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think vitamins, minerals, pain relievers, peroxide, rubbing alcohol, ace bandages, medical wraps, ect. Pretty much any kind of first aid kit. Buy a whole bunch of these things, make sure you have a plentiful supply for you and yours, then make kits out of the rest.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

30,000 assorted pain killers? How on earth did you assemble that? That will certainly come in handy.

As far as what to stock up on for disaster, think about what you use every day, what you take for granted. Its the simple things that will mean alot. Yes, things like guns/bullets will have their place, but most people will miss the little things that provide a little relief from the insanity and sadness. Maybe you can quilt, everyone loves a warm blanket, warm cookies are good, as would be tea and coffee. In a depression people will be looking for a shot of their past normalcy and peace, the ability to offer that will be worth alot.

As for a complete collapse. Thats something different entirely. A depression is hard economic times, there are still goods, but less money to purchase them. An economic collapse means the trucks with the supplies stop running. Totally different set of rules and conditions. Obviously food and potable water will mean everything. But is that something you would be willing to part with? I wouldnt, and I'm very well stocked up. If people dont have food or water, they arent going to be around very long, and therefore why waste time trading other items with them? For the people with the basics, again, anything that betters their circumstances and helps them either survive or give a reprive. Alcohol comes to mind, easily raised animals (chickens, rabbits).

The idea is to make sure you are taken care of first and foremost, double or tripple everything you use regularly, if a good deal for your items comes along, take it, if not, you are still on top.

As for what I would trade for in a collapse system? Books I dont have, products better that what I can make, and physical labor. I'm only one body, if someone offers to cut wood or plow a field, thats high on my list.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The one thing that scares me the most about a possible Sit X scenario is the lack of dentists. I hate going now, but not having one would be horrible, toothache's the worst.

Games would be a useful trade item, decks of cards, balls, chess sets etc, people are going to want entertainment in a world without TV.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I found an article that should help you.

www.ehow.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Instead of posting a brand new thread, I'm going to necro a three year old one.

I have been stocking up on travel size lotions, soap, shampoo, etc... Where I work, we get so much of this stuff and I believe in a SHTF scenario, these would be things that could prove quite valuable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join