It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror law puts Britons at risk of surveillance by US agents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Terror law puts Britons at risk of surveillance by US agents

prisonplanet.com

As much of the world's telecoms networks and internet infrastructure runs through the US, the new act will give the security services huge scope for monitoring and intercepting Britons' private communications, as well as those of other foreign citizens. The new act has led to fears it will see a huge increase in the number of British citizens being extradited to the US.
'Just because it happens to pass through the US they claim they can do whatever they want,' said Tony Bunyan, director of...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I live in London and I think this is a very big step in the wrong direction on our government's part. I know vast amounts of people who protest against totalitarianism but the state always has the upper hand.

your views . . . ?

prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-8-2007 by X I I I]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This has been going on for decades, nothing new.

Heard of ECHELON?

We spy on each other citizens all the time. This is no different.

Did you know the UK spied on American citizens who were sympathetic towards Irish republicanism? Where do you reckon the FBI got the information from? It wasn't the CIA.

Let's move to the modern day, allegedly MI6 is now monitoring White radical Americans who have links to the British National Party and far right groups in the UK.

(This act also covers the whole of Europe, not just Britain btw)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The funny thing is the US and its allies share intelligence information so even if we have laws banning our government from spying on our communications it would not stop the UK from spying on us and reporting the information to the CIA etc... and VV.

All the CIA would need to do is ignore UK monitoring and then share information back and forth. Just think about that a lil while

top topics

join