It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US pushing Israel to attack Syria'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

'US pushing Israel to attack Syria'

www.jpost.com

Washington is preventing Israel from making peace with Syria and instead is pushing it to wage war, the Arab country's government-owned daily Tishrin read on Monday.

The paper said that recent moves made by the US including supplying Israel with weapons and agreeing to a $30 billion aid-package are methods the country was implementing to push the Jewish state to wage war on Damascus.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Should an attack happen now, will Israel blame the U.S. ? The U.S. gets the blame for everything else might as well blame them for this too. I just dont see how giving the Israeli's $30 billion in aid constitutes pushing them to war with Syria.

www.jpost.com

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Unbelievable spin. It's the Israeli leadership that's been stalling any talks with Syria and accusing Syria of preparing for war, when in fact all Syria is doing is beefing up it's defences due to threatening moves by Israel.

The "owned" US administration has pledged to help Israel in any war - whether Israel starts it or not - but for Israel to try to blame it on the US is amazing.
Just look at all the calls for war with Iran and who are some of the more vocal champions of aggression towards Iran. Israel is calling the shots, you just have to look at all the money they are using to buy US government officials and how many of those government officials are making so many trips to Israel, whilst ignoring their constituents back home. AIPAC doesn't make handouts without expecting a return, and that return is US government support in fighting Israels enemies. In effect, US government officials are accepting money and pledging that US personnel will die to protect Israel and fight it's wars.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

Should an attack happen now, will Israel blame the U.S. ? The U.S. gets the blame for everything else might as well blame them for this too. I just dont see how giving the Israeli's $30 billion in aid constitutes pushing them to war with Syria.

www.jpost.com

Do the math m8...iran supplying syria and lebanon, US supplying israel, this isnt smell like war to you??

i'm from israel, trust me,israel will never blame the US for war against them, i will not lie to you, some of us here wants this war, to finnish the tention once and for all, with both syria and iran (and yes this is the only way, not becouse we are war junkis, becouse syria is iran's little puppit,and you know better then this that iran isnt a talker
)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The Russians and the Chinese, alongside some others like NK supplying Iran, Syria and others, and they supplied Iraq before the war, yet of course, noone blames the Chinese and the Russians for wanting to start wars...

The U.S. and Israel are allies. If Israel is threatened who do you think is going to supply them with what they need when the Russians, the Chinese and the NK among others are supplying the enemies of Israel?

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Unbelievable spin. It's the Israeli leadership that's been stalling any talks with Syria and accusing Syria of preparing for war, when in fact all Syria is doing is beefing up it's defences due to threatening moves by Israel.

The "owned" US administration has pledged to help Israel in any war - whether Israel starts it or not - but for Israel to try to blame it on the US is amazing.
Just look at all the calls for war with Iran and who are some of the more vocal champions of aggression towards Iran. Israel is calling the shots, you just have to look at all the money they are using to buy US government officials and how many of those government officials are making so many trips to Israel, whilst ignoring their constituents back home. AIPAC doesn't make handouts without expecting a return, and that return is US government support in fighting Israels enemies. In effect, US government officials are accepting money and pledging that US personnel will die to protect Israel and fight it's wars.

You really saying you believe syria's calls for talks and peace???? hahaha!!

Just wait and see hwos behind it,its a damn spin of the iranian government!! and hell yeah we put defences in the northern border, what did you expect?? we have 100% credible inteligens stating that iran is behind those "statements" made by syria its all a damn spin!! 2 weeks ago syria's president meet with iran president and PROMISED him not talk peace with israel in exchange to massive army supplying!!! and you ask why we move our forces to the borders?? dude, wake the hell up!

[edit on 21-8-2007 by A-s-o-t]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by A-s-o-t

I agree with you, and believe me that Iran's moves have not gone unnoticed but I just dont understand Israeli news putting the U.S. at fault in the headlines here.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   

reply to post by A-s-o-t

I agree with you, and believe me that Iran's moves have not gone unnoticed but I just dont understand Israeli news putting the U.S. at fault in the headlines here.

M8, i dont know where the jerusalem post getting their rescorces from, but trust me,if we blamed US for this it will b all over the news, they probably get their source from some chairman idiot in the knesset hwo likes to say #, this happens a lot, so long not an official government stating this i will not bielieve such bull!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The jerusalem post is taking that information from a Syrian newspaper apparently, and as the excerpt in the article says.

the Arab country's government-owned daily Tishrin read on Monday.

The claim is being made by the Syrian newspaper, not by the Israelis.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This is a sign that military action is just around the corner, Syria seems like they are poised for war with Israel also having moved so many troops to the border, I'm sure they cant wait to try out the new arms that China & Russia have given them via Iran.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
The jerusalem post is taking that information from a Syrian newspaper apparently, and as the excerpt in the article says.

the Arab country's government-owned daily Tishrin read on Monday.

The claim is being made by the Syrian newspaper, not by the Israelis.

I guess i dont need to react to this now except L O L

You guys bielieve a statement made by a possible RIVEL and an iranian ALLIE?? lol i thought it was by some drunked ass chairman here, now its really not something to bielieve in...

please guys, so long its not made by a government official, dont bielieve everything, this is the type of things that make us israelis look bad FOR NO DAMN REASON!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-s-o-t

You guys bielieve a statement made by a possible RIVEL and an iranian ALLIE?? lol i thought it was by some drunked ass chairman here, now its really not something to bielieve in...

I never said i believed what the Syrian newspaper claimed. If you read my previous post you can see that I actually don't believe it.

I was pointing out who was making the claims, since two of the members didn't bother to check the excerpt to see who made the claim.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Muaddib

Thanks for the clearificaton on that, I didn't know what "Tishrin" was or just didn't pick up on it, I thought it was a little wacky for Israeli's to be making such a claim, it's late.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by A-s-o-t

I never said i believed what the Syrian newspaper claimed. If you read my previous post you can see that I actually don't believe it.

I was reffering to the ones that did, didnt mean to offend or anything

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Okay, could the statement or allegations made by the Arab source be true?? could the U.S. possibly by forcing the Israeli's to attack Syria?? I know it sounds far fetched but given the fact that Israel has foolishly followed the brain-child of the U.S. in the roadmap plan. It could be possible that the Israeli's would be stupid enough to attack Syria on the orders of the U.S.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Okay, could the statement or allegations made by the Arab source be true?? could the U.S. possibly by forcing the Israeli's to attack Syria?? I know it sounds far fetched but given the fact that Israel has foolishly followed the brain-child of the U.S. in the roadmap plan. It could be possible that the Israeli's would be stupid enough to attack Syria on the orders of the U.S.

I dont bielieve that israel will attack syria just becouse bush says so, and beyond a doubt will not blame US for war thats for sure, but if a time comes that israel will see that the only thing left to do is engaging war with the support of the US then i think we will,again, not becouse the US wants it, its becouse of unprevented event that will accure do to the lovely country of iran

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by A-s-o-t

That sounds like the way it will go alright, I didn't mean any disrespect toward the average Israeli with the stupid comment, I was just stating that some of the decisions made by the Israeli leaders have been counter productive with the giving back of land to the palestinians and Syria which have caused even more problems, but I'm sure you already know that. and dont worry Iran is gonig to get what she's been wanting soon enough.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
If anything, the US has probably stopped Israel from attacking Syria.

Whatever feelings you've got for the US administration, the guys are not stupid. Letting, or even encouraging, Israel to attack Syria will result in chaos in the Middle East.

It would suck in all neighbouring countries, oil would go through the roof and would probably start WWIII.

Somehow, I doubt the Americans want that.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Whatever feelings you've got for the US administration, the guys are not stupid. Letting, or even encouraging, Israel to attack Syria will result in chaos in the Middle East.

It would suck in all neighbouring countries, oil would go through the roof and would probably start WWIII.

Somehow, I doubt the Americans want that.

I agree with that...and even if by some freak chance we DID want Israel and Syria to start throwing punches, we're spread pretty thin militarily...not sure how much help we'd be to Israel at the moment....could probably drop a couple air strikes, but not a whole heck of a lot more.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Whatever feelings you've got for the US administration, the guys are not stupid.

I cant believe this post, it actually says something positive about this U.S. administration, perhaps there is some hope for bush and company.

I'm willing to call this story for what it is, another irrational stab at the U.S. by the arabs on par with the "holocaust was a myth" line. but you have to admit that they are trying to provolk the U.S. with statements like these.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join