It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel Machine Outlined

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Time Travel Machine Outlined

news.yahoo.com

A new concept for a time machine could possibly enable distant future generations to travel into the past, research now suggests.

Unlike past ideas for time machines, this new concept does not require exotic, theoretical forms of matter. Still, this new idea requires technology far more advanced than anything existing today, and major questions remain as to whether any time machine would ever prove stable enough to enable actual travel back in time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This is one interesting story, as it could mean that the things that we're seeing right now that we cannot explain are in fact our future selves coming back to have a first-hand glimpse of history. Anyone else feel like this is a possibility? Lets hear your thoughts.

TheBorg

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

This is one interesting story, as it could mean that the things that we're seeing right now that we cannot explain are in fact our future selves coming back to have a first-hand glimpse of history. Anyone else feel like this is a possibility? Lets hear your thoughts.

TheBorg

news.yahoo.com

I kind of doubt those strange things people have seen are time travellers. i am not going to say I know for certain, because i don't, but the thing is that alien aircraft and encounters with aircraft and their entities driving them can be found in the writtings of ancient cultures. Some of those drivers look human, others don't look so human. Many ancient cultures also talk about some of these beings as being demons.

There are the mention of people such as Conn of the Hundred battles in Irish mythology, who would watch the skies in case he needed to battle the demons from the skies.

The UFO phenomenon is very old, and references to sightings can be found in pretty much every ancient culture.

Good article though.
Although in order for us to be able to travel in time we would need to access an energy source as powerful as a large Sun. We don't have that technology yet, as far as I know.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Well Maud, that was just one suggestion that it could be. If it's not future humans, then it could be any number of different things, ranging from aliens to angels/demons. I'd be very interested in learning what they are, but that's not the point of this thread.

This thread is for discussion about the possible discovery of the potential of a time machine.

TheBorg

top topics

join