It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not me...Oh god...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I hate making a post like this.

I hate it because of the fact that i've read countless other threads/topics of the same sort.

I feel somewhat "compelled" though, because even though I will get shat upon by many--perhaps a few members might U2U me with insight.

I hate hoaxes, I hate liars, and I hate wasting time on topics that have no real substance.

What I am about to share is short, sweet, and 100% true to my personal experience.

I can/will answer any questions as my time permits.

*sigh* okay, here comes the shat-storm of "your insane" or "your nuts" or "your a fake".....
I just hope one or two people out there have had an experience similar to mine. . .

Thursday night I went to be fairly late, but I remember going to bed as-per usual. Nothing abnormal "seemed" to happen that night. I didn't wake up, have nightmares, or even dreams for that matter.

What was odd, however, was that on Friday my right shoulder hurt; and I mean HURT.

I played it off as, "ah, I must have slept on it wrong..." or "I must have done somthing yesterday to it..."

But as the day wore on (Friday) it started to hurt in a way I knew it shouldn't for a pulled/strained muscle.

I have been an amature bodybuilder, and competed in shows...I know what muscle fatigue and injury feel like--this was not the same.

The more I pondered the pain, I suddenly realized where I had felt this before.

To my amazement/dismay (because it's so freaking far-fetched) I realized that the "burning pain" in my right deltoid was IDENTICAL to that of an IM (intra-muscular) injection.

Please don't ask me how I know what IM shots feel like--I don't want to violate the TOS.

So I got to thinking, "how...?"

So whilst peeing Friday night in my bathroom I got the odd urge to get up and "see if I have a bruise or whatever"... on my right arm.

To my surprise I had a red puncture mark in the exact center of where the pain was coming from.

I compared the mark to other freckles and "spots" on my skin in the surrounding area, and it indeed seemed to be red and and not brown.

I have no idea what this means, but if I was somehow "secretly" injected with something, what was it? How the hell did anyone get into my house? How the hell did my dog not wake up? Why can I remember my entire day up until I faded into sleep w/out any anomalies?

This sounds BAD, I know...I hate to even admit it...The mark is so small that I don't even think if I had my friend take a picture of it (who would think i'm insane for askign) it would really look like anything.

Seriously though, this really happened...and im perplexed.

Perhaps I am over-reacting? I want this to all be totally explained away as something normal/natural.

I just can't explain it though.

I just hope someone can assuage my worries about government or alien abductions paranoia--or give me more information about government stuff is this might be true.

Yeah, I told you this wasn't going to sound good to the ATS skeptics around here.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
wow that is pretty interesting. did you leave the lights on or off before you went to bed? not that this would prove anything but people are probably less likely to sneak in if the lights are on.

also, if you have carpets/hardwood floors you might be able to trace a shoe print, unless many days have passed.

plus another thing is why(?) would you be a subject. do you know something or have something, that your unaware of?

on a more logical note, maybe it was some sort of bug bite, that would surely explain the blissfully unaware dog.

you should have also taken pictures of the actual red dot thing, and other things around the house.

[edit on 8/21/2007 by agent violet]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
THANK YOU!

Holy crap, it might have been a spider bite!

I mean, I haven't had any "other" side-effects or drastic mood/mental changes as of late...

No, I always turn the light out. . .

This event happened not to long (24hrs) after I uttered on ATS a "challenge" to psi-op's on a post by some ridiculous member that he was being "mentally attacked". . .

Meethinks I need to stop reading all these loony ATS threads before bed...

BUT, can/does an insect bite feel just like a Hep-B shot? I live in Alaska--and the only bites I have ever experienced in 24 years here that would come close would be from the Brown Recluse spider...Let me tell you, I have no signs of necropsy or infection from the area.

It's been to long for me now to take photos (yeah I know weak excuse) ... But after reading all these other fanciful postings by these near paranoid-schizophrenics I was really, really reluctant.

I do feel that I am "special" (not in any holier-than-thou way) ... and my tinkering around in nefarious subjects often times makes me wonder...

But I realize I am a SMALL FISH in a very, very large ocean. Thats why I titled this, "not me...oh god..."

We do have hardwood floors and brand new carpet that don't squeak anymore--but for someone to come in in the middle of the night -- that just seems highly impossible.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I have full health insurance, if the pain dosen't toally go away in a day or two, I'm taking my sorry, paranoid ass to the "doc-in-a-box" clinic for a checkup. Take an hour out of my day, and lay my paranoia to bed.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I was about to say spider bite. We have some nasty spiders out here in the desert and I've had a couple of bites that were some of the most painful things I've ever felt in my life. I don't know what kind of bugs are in Alaska but I wouldn't rule it out.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'm leaning more on the "it's a bite" or something more and more -- considering i've been spending more time than ever here on the ATS boards. Reading all this stuff non-stop for a few hours each day is enough to drive even the most stable mind to begin to entertain wild things.

I appreciate the honest responses!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yeah that sounds like a bug bite. I got a spider bite one time on my leg and it was so inflamed and it left like a hole in my leg by the time I was done shooting isopropyl alcohol into it with a syringe.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
What does IM do exactly ne way?

If it is an injection of the same kind of sort maybe they gave you a super human strength injection
your arms are going to be HUGE.

If you were bit by a spider that could cause that kind of pain dont you think you wouldve woken up from it?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
spider or other bug bite that has venom.
Man spiders do have venom that we are not even aware of. As far as the pain from a spider bite w/ or w/o venom I am not sure. It could also be anything like a tack or the like you rolled on in your sleep and never knew until morning or when you awoke.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
An "IM" or "Intra-muscular" shot is shoved into a large muscle...Deltoid, quads, glutes...It is usually performed with oil-based or "slow-dissolving" medications such as illicit steroids.

This is different than sub-cretaceous shot -- in which a needle only enters the skin and fat (similar to an insulin shot).

Many vaccines are intra-muscular -- as well as illicit performance enhancing substances.

The odd thing is, it STILL hurts even today. I'm going to call and make an appointment tomorrow, because frankly the puncture mark is now gone and my shoulder still has an aching-burning feeling in the deltoid.

It's really annoying and worrisome, because I would like to play some disc-golf this upcoming weekend

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yep, go to the doctor.

I say this because I had a spider bite on my calf that hurt like when I used to get allergy shots. Oddly enough, I was bitten in a blackwork tattoo and the entire outline was swollen. I had to get antibiotics

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Spider bite, mite bite, tick bite, even a flea bite if it was carrying something would cause a deep ache. When you see your doc have him check you for Lymes and Bartonella. Cats and dogs carry the proteobacteria that does not show up on standard tests. Bartonella, if unchecked in some cases causes neurological effects along with the many other forms it could take. Most websites do not state this, (they're rarely updated, my vet gave me all the details). So, while you're at the doc go ahead and cover all the bases with the extra tests. And also, strip your bedroom and blast the space, don't leave any inch unturned, total Mr. Clean attitude. And while you're at it, give your dog a bath and a dose of Revolution from the vet.

Lol, I wouldn't be so adamant except I've recently went through a very similar situation with my husband. We waited too long (after awhile my husband had some very serious symptoms) and we are paying the price of having to take antibiotics for two months as well as our pets and I had to call in a maid service to help me do a super deep clean.

A couple of tests at the beginning would've been much easier.

STM

[edit on 8/22/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Well...

We don't have ticks, fleas or other bugs up here...

The worst you can get in AK is a mosquito bite, or a bite from the ONLY spider that causes pain: the brown recluse spider.

We don't have snakes or anything other of the sort...

But still, I'm leaning on a *less* paranoid answer than "abduction" (as cool/scary as that would actually be).

Thank you all, I'll most likely call a clinic to setup an apt. tomarrow...'bout time I exercise my new health coverage.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I did some Googling on Alaska spiders and found some interesting links.

Here's a report on spider bites in Alaska.

Bites seem infrequent, but I'm sure most go unreported and unnoticed.

The article states that there are some native spiders in Alaska that could cause a venomous bite. Spiders of the callobius family are known to live in Alaska, their bites are painful.

Then there's the introduced spiders like the hobo spider. A recent arrival to Alaska, they're considered dangerous to humans. You don't want to get bitten by a hobo spider.

The brown recluse doesn't range in Alaska, however, the wolf spider does. It's commonly mistaken for a brown recluse and they'll bite you if threatened.

There's also the crab spider, which has been known to bite people, but this spider's bite isn't as toxic as the other spiders mentioned here.

Interesting stuff, I never knew Alaska had so many venomous spiders.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What about doing a thorough inspection of your room, under the bed, between the mattresses, followed by either setting off a fogger for spiders, or a thorough cleaning?

I'd at least get a high power flashlight and search everything for webs or bugs and then change the sheets and flip the mattresses. If they are over 10 years old, get a new top mattress.

Good luck!

Edit: I'm not sure what they could detect at the doctor after this time, but they will check for evidence of tissue necrosis at the site and could test for infection. Still it's a good rule to go see someone after 2-3 days and no improvement.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Something similar happened to me and it sure as heck wasn't a bug bite.

It was only a few months ago actually, I was sitting at my computer just as I am now when suddenly I started to develop this horrible pain in my right shoulder that developed to a point of being excruciating. I hadn't injured myself in any way and had done nothing out of the ordinary, not even in the days prior to this. This was all completely spontaneous.

The pain was so bad I literally could barely even walk across the floor because the slightest movement of my arm would nearly buckle my knees in pain. Finding a comfortable position to sit was a trying experience and I won't even try to describe what trying to sleep was like.

It was over a week later when this bizarre, spontaneous, hellish experience finally subsided. Thankfully it hasn't happened again.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yes I doubt that it was indeed the brown recluse spider bite, being as that we've recently had a thread in which a vid was shown of the effect left by the spider.

On that note, I think that you should feel gently but with pressure the surrounding area in question. Feel for anything out of the ordinary, if nothing is detected then It is probably a bug bite of some sort.

However, if you do feell something unfamiliar under your skin you should have it checked out.

new topics

top topics

join