It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Moore Endorses Clark -- Dean'ers presumed pissed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Academy award wining filmmaker Michael Moore, an outspoken opponent of US President George W. Bush and "big government", has declared his official support for Democratic hopeful Gen. Wesley Clark.

"He is clearly the absolute best hope we have of defeating George W. Bush," Moore said on his website in an article entitled "I'll Be Voting for Wesley Clark/Good-Bye Mr. Bush"

Notice how Michael has NOT said he's the best man for the job, only the best chance of beating Bush. I'm incredibly weary of military leaders becoming political leaders, he seems way too much like a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Clark, one of eight Democrats vying for the party's nomination to run against Bush in the November 2 election, welcomed the endorsement, saying Moore was "an enormous talent and an inspirational figure for millions of Americans.

"I am delighted to have his support, and I am honored by the eloquence and passion of his endorsement letter," Clark said in a statement.

Moore, who also authored "Dude, Where's My Country?", a book that slams Bush and his fellow Republicans, wrote an open letter to Clark in mid-September, urging him to run for president.

Deanites are presumed to be pissed, Mike's only backing Clark because he's a strong figure... and he has personal beef with Howie.

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The original open letter Moore wrote to encourage Clark to run indicated this whole relationship was based on one incident.

Moore, getting bashed by a Fox interviewer the day after getting boo'ed at the Academy Awards, was summarily dismissed as "crazy" but defended by (of all people) a 4 Star General, also on the program.

Note that Clark didn't defend what Moore said about the war, just acknowledged that wars are fought so people like Moore can say them.

And I believe Moore's problem with Dean is gun control (or lack thereof), whereas Clark has said: If you're the type that likes semi-automatic weapons, we have a place for you in the US Army.

Of all the big shot 'liberal' endorsements for Dean, somehow this one rings truer for me. From the heart, no hidden agenda.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Good to know Moore has some sense, endorsing someone who can actually win instead of someone who "seems nice".

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hooray for Moore. Just reinforces my convictions to see someone I admire endorse a canidate I support!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Moore is a Bush tool just look at who gave him his start up money for Roger and Me and other Moore stuff none other then Neil Bush.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, I must say when Moore did his performance at the awards I posted some rather nasty comments about him because I disagree with the public airing of dirty laundry during times of conflict. I've always felt that unity is an important concept when things are going on, or at least public unity.

That aside, I wanted to mention that I am very impressed with Moore and his endorsement. I respect the fact that he is endorsing someone who he thinks will be able to get into office and change things for the better. Upset that he didn't endorse Dean? Well hey, he disagrees with Dean on issues that are just a wee bit important to him. So yes, I applaud Moore on his gutsy and genuine (a rare concept in politics) endorsement.

top topics

join