It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leahy: Cheney Told GOP-Led Congress It Was 'Not Allowed To Issue Subpoenas'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Leahy: Cheney Told GOP-Led Congress It Was 'Not Allowed To Issue Subpoenas'

thinkprogress.org

Today in a press briefing, Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) revealed that the White House had missed its 2:30 PM deadline to turn over documents to the Senate Judiciary Committee regarding legal justifications for the National Security Agency’s eavesdropping program. The Committee had already pushed back the original July 18 deadline twice after the White House requested more time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
is it FINALLY time to take DC with force? this is hogwash. the Next time a Cop Pulls me over for speeding can I tell him he's not allowed to write me a ticket?, HOW MUCH more is it Going to take??
Do we Reallty Need to invade DC armed and shoot them all? I want to start a grass roots coalition to put our tax moneies into escrow until we finally get REAL representation in the Goverment

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This type of issues give me a reason to feel that we have lost our political system and its ability to maintain balance.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The Bush crew thinks they are above the law! They are in it for personal goals, not to represent the American people. There are no checks and balances being enforced! Someone needs to take action immediately.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PontiacWarrior Someone needs to take action immediately.

Good luck on that, the majority of Americans are way too busy text messaging each other, staring at tv "programming" on their brain wash boxes, playing video games and lusting after cars, jewelry, clothes, gadgets, and on and on and on, to be bothered to launch a revolution.

But, indeed, action does need to be taken. The question is, will anyone actually act?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker420

thats quite true, and the apathy runs Deep, even here at ATS, more folks are talking about Meeting ATS celebs then are talking about this ( this is not a Diss to them) This Morning I found this as a response to the posted article

Bush answers subpenoa with FISA demand

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Stuff like this really scares me. Asking for more time implies eventual cooperation... We all know cooperation is something that will never happen, or will be under such strict circumstances that nothing important will be revealed. I've never seen so many things planned to happen in a single month as September this year. With so much crap piling up on this administration, how do they expect to last the remainder of their term? Is the strategy merely to stonewall everything for the next year+? It really doesn't seem feasible, non-cooperation should be considered admission of guilt and they should simply be removed from office.

top topics

join