It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leahy: Cheney Told GOP-Led Congress It Was 'Not Allowed To Issue Subpoenas'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Leahy: Cheney Told GOP-Led Congress It Was 'Not Allowed To Issue Subpoenas'

thinkprogress.org

In fact, the Senate Judiciary Committee in the conservative-led 109th Congress, chaired by Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA) also attempted to ask questions about the program’s legal justifications. But Vice President Cheney personally barred him from issuing subpoenas:

In fact, we were about to issue subpoenas then and one of the senators came to our meeting and said that the vice president had met with the Republican senators and told them they were not allowed to issue subpoenas.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This just gets my blood boiling!

I just don't think Cheney has ANY idea how our government is suppose to run, or how the "seperation of power" and "the system of checks and balances" work!!!!

How can the legisalive branch of our government investigate the executive branch (that is the power given to them in our system of checks and balances) if they can't issue subpeonas?
Of course they can issue subpeonas!!!

And what about the "seperation of powers"? Cheney (the executive branch) can't tell senators (legislative branch) what to do!!!
(See article: "But Vice President Cheney personally barred him from issuing subpoenas:")

Somebody needs to teach Cheney how our government is suppose to run, and tell him he can't make up the rules as he goes!

I finally think it's time to start the impeachment process, I'm tired of hearing how this administration just disregards the countries laws and the systems that were set in place to keep our government in check and running smoothly.

These are the things that made our country great! All they are doing is tearing these things apart!

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20/8/07 by Keyhole]

new topics

join