It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Three Amigos' meet at Canada resort

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

'Three Amigos' meet at Canada resort

www.usatoday.com

OTTAWA — Protesters greeted President Bush and the leaders of Canada and Mexico on Monday as the three men got together to discuss border security, emergency response, trade and other economic issues.

Several hundred people demonstrated outside the log-cabin resort in Montebello where Bush, Mexican President Felipe Calderon and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper convened for the North American Leaders' Summit, dubbed the "Three Amigos" summit.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So is this the real Simon, SkepticOverlord and Springer?

What about this from the above article:

Bush's visit began with a mishap. After landing at the Ottawa airport, he met immediately with Canada's governor general. As the two talked in an airport building, a Marine assigned to one of the presidential helicopters collapsed, apparently from the heat. She was taken to a local hospital.

Can't even escape the effects of global warming in Canada eh?

On a serious note, if we are to have secure borders, and good immigration plans these three nations will have to cooperate. To bad they had to deal with the heat and all those pesky anti-war protesters.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thank you for the update, very informative post UM_Gazz. Looking at their picture I find it odd that all three took off their ties. Perhaps their media image consultant advised them to look relaxed and non formal.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thanks UM_Gazz good to see at least soem MSM coverage in the states. CBC was all over this up here all weekend and today. Every time I turned on the radio Maude Barlow was debating some right wing think tank talking head from Canada and the states.

And Rhain, of course they look relaxed. Montebello is a beautiful place to kick back in the dog days of summer and plot the subversion and overthrow of our soveriegn nations.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Damn! Here I thought it was a meeting of "our" three. I was hoping that the plan to take over the world with the use of conspiracy sites was about to bear fruit.

OK, so it's the other "three".

I need a drink after that let down.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
How is this "breaking Alternative News"?

More like "Obvious Common Knowledge".

or is this post a poor attempt to make it look like some underhanded government secret plot to install the "Amero" or turn us all into minimum wage zombies? Prob so.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

Had I been able to get there I would have been protesting the "evolution by stealth" of the North American Union.

Connie Fogal of the Canada Action Party becomes more and more a heroine of mine as she stands against the SPP under the table, behind closed doors meetings and protocols.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The protesters were greeted with tear gas. I posted this up earlier today,
check it out:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've been waiting for this meeting for a while now, I'm glad to see that it's getting some publicity here on the net if not out in the common herd. This truly seems to be treason as we have our President meeting to discuss broad reaching policy without the consent or knowledge of the government or majority of the people of America ( i won't speak for other countries' citizens).

But then again, it "doesn't concern us". Look at the name "Security and Prosperity Partnership", it's "Security" also known as the defense and military organizations and "Prosperity" the economic and business interests. Basically, it's the guys with the guns and the guys with the money getting together to make more money and get bigger guns.

I'm just glad that people are not letting this go on without shedding some light on it. If I could, I'd be there protesting but I feel pretty sure the fight will come to my back door soon enough as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Look at the name "Security and Prosperity Partnership", it's "Security" also known as the defense and military organizations and "Prosperity" the economic and business interests. Basically, it's the guys with the guns and the guys with the money getting together to make more money and get bigger guns.

Interesting theory Shadowflux.

Circumventing due process to propagate an agenda of ultimate world domination and control?

Fascinating. Or perhaps it's just that Canadian beer?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I, too, expected to read about OUR Three Amigos enjoying themselves in Canada. Then one look at the picture made me go, "Duh!" So just what did the Three Tenors sing?

Seriously now, I hadn't heard about this. I'll be interested in finding out what is discussed.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Thanks Gazz,

I guess I never thought of my views on this as a theory really, just what I see is happening. The real goal of this meeting isn't to dissolve the constitution so much as it is to collaborate the policies of the three countries to better allow the creation of things like the "NAFTA Super Highway" ( wish there was a better name). The goal of the highway isn't so much political as it is economic and by default "security" related.

The NAU isn't really going to be a political union so much as it will be an economic union. However, since many of our political "leaders" are also economic leaders there is little difference in their actions. Down here at ground level we won't really notice the difference as economic oppression feels just as horrible as political oppression.

The age when we defined countries and nations by political ideologies is over. Nations are now defined by economic ideologies, policies, and power. Political power has taken a back seat to economic power due mainly to global capitalist based practices. To put it simply, when one man commands an economic might equal to that of entire countries then political power is no longer that important.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The grins on their faces makes me so angry.

They know exactly what kind of evil they're doing and they really don't care

[Mod Edit: Please see this thread. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 20/8/07 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

So is this the real Simon, SkepticOverlord and Springer?

HA, i knew it.... Simon is probably the Mexican president, SO is President Bush, and Springer is the Canadian PM.....

Ok, now we know.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

But then again, it "doesn't concern us". Look at the name "Security and Prosperity Partnership", it's "Security" also known as the defense and military organizations and "Prosperity" the economic and business interests.

Exactly, under the umbrella of security and prosperity they can circumvent congress and meet, plan and make their own rules in private and behind close doors.

But their plan has corporate written all over so it will cost money to do what they are planning, tax payer money.

When the money is needed then, at least our president will have to bring congress into it, unless he will be allow again to use executive powers to ignore congress as he has been doing lately

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I guess all those threads people made claiming ATS was controlled by the government were right all along.

Isn't it ironic that Bush is seeking out the help of countries he's trying to distance US from?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The three leaders kicked off their North American Leader’s Summit with a morning briefing from top CEOs on how to make their countries more competitive.

It’s their mission to advise the leaders on how North America can better compete against the economic powerhouses of China and the European Union.

Source

So all these changes affect me as a Canadian citizen, but is being decided by a bunch of CEOs....

but at least I can vote for someone else and they will for sure fix our messed-up government! (not)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

On a serious note, if we are to have secure borders, and good immigration plans these three nations will have to cooperate. To bad they had to deal with the heat and all those pesky anti-war protesters.

please don't take the media's write up of what these protestors main reason for demonstrating was

sure there might have been an anti iraq war sign among the protestors and the media can talk about that (editor approval), but the main reason for the protestors was the building of a North American community and the potential stripping of our national soverignty is the main issue, and i'm sure newspapers weren't to keen to publish that reason because it would spread AWARENESS of such POTENTIAL.

wake up people this is the CFR biggest project for the next decade, and they want the north american community in place by 2010. the 3 amigos plan's two years ago (after they met) were not "agressive" enough according to the task force selected in developoing "the north american community" and it is the CFR running the show on this one along w/ intelligence agency's. and the leaders are taking direction from them.

this is a step, and the process of taking a step, which will make it much more possible to then step again and unite the world in a world gov't, once the united states is taken down a notch, and mashed with the economy of Mexico as well as canada. the plan works slowly but surely

at least i can vote for CFR members gulliani, thompson, mccain, romney, clinton,obama

a CFR member has won every election going back 50 years. that leaves our boy RON

[edit on 21-8-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
So i guess the leaders of the three countries on this continent can't meet to talk, that would be TREASON? Every time the President meets with leaders of another nation all of congress has to be there or its TREASON??? Come on, seriously, come on. You know the three of them can't just make up obligatory binding laws and agreements by themselves don't you? You know anything they propose still has to go back to their respective democracies and be approved in a government house by an elected body don't you? Seriously, the three of them will discuss few things of importance, probably go fishing, and kick it with some tasty beers while lazing in cottage chairs.

Naw, I must be going crazy. I'm sure they are busy stripping us of our rights, dissolving our nations, planning false flag attacks, looking at where to steal oil, worshiping Satan, and planning a massive nuclear war over oil thirty leagues below the 15 feet of ice at the north pole. Sorry guys i must have been thinking rationally or something back there.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightworker12
The grins on their faces makes me so angry.

They know exactly what kind of evil they're doing and they really don't care

What evil are they doing? What is evil about improving trade relations between neighboring countries? What is evil about keeping the lines of communications open? I'd say doing the opposite would be an act of total incompetence and stupidity! When countries don't talk the leaders get criticized and when they do talk they get criticized. Which is it that people want?

Originally Posted by Marg6043
Exactly, under the umbrella of security and prosperity they can circumvent congress and meet, plan and make their own rules in private and behind close doors.

Under the "umbrella of security and prosperity"? Are those not good things? Security and prosperity I mean? Since any Treaties must be ratified and funded how are they going to take any action on decisions made "in private and behind closed doors"? To do anything they would have to document their decisions and reveal them to everyone first. These men are not Dictators like Castro or the New President for Life, ***Chavez

Originally Posted by Marg6043But their plan has corporate written all over so it will cost money to do what they are planning, tax payer money.

Not unless it is ratified by the Congress controlled by the Democrats. I'll admit higher taxes are a probability if the Democrats gain complete control by winning the Presidency. That is up to the voters.
As far as Corporations making money, that is what businesses do. Every luxury and freedom we enjoy are due to the prosperity of American Corporation's and Businesses. Beats the heck out of living in poverty and working for 50 cents a day like those in living under Communism or a Dictator. Even the Dictators who pretend they are elected, then suspend all future elections indefinitely. You know, like ***Chavez

***Sorry. I just don't like that guy. The minute he has all the power he needs he will start the slaughter of his opponents just like Castro did. How blind can people be???

As far as the Protesters:
The only credible Protesters are those who are successful in their personal lives and run for office based on the good ideas they bring to the table. These emotional children who live off Mommy and Daddy, collect Food Stamps, live in Government Subsidized Housing and beg for donations on web sites filled with lies bring nothing to the table. They just want attention like any child so they yell and scream a lot. If they were serious they would present their ideas as elected representatives from a position of power that they earned. People standing in the streets causing trouble, yelling on bullhorns and disrupting innocent peoples lives are just acting like the children that they truly are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join