It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Pilger - The War on Democracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Just watched a great documentary film by John Pilger here on ITV1 in the UK called "The War On Democracy".

It centered around events in central and south america and how the United States and the CIA has been involved in the overthrow of democratic governments.

He interviewed survivors and witnesses, an ex-CIA agent that supported their actions and one that didn't, US congressmen and Hugo Chavez himself.

It really looks like the American grip on south america is slipping away and that continent's Bolivarian dream could well become a reality in our lifetime.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I have watch the documentary in question.
It is always when some country has been shown to have devastating consequences on the very life of the majority of them, that every one seems not to care about it.
In this program, USA have been directly accused of masterminding major “coup d’ Etats” in Latin America.
I will not point only one finger there, I will also remind people that European has also been doing this in they so called backyard. Take France and the Algerian war, take Britain and the Suez Canal…and so on.
Now you can ask your self how much is too much? why are they always going for more and more power and money ?
If you go a round and read any stuff about secret government in any part of the world like this program denounce , then you will maybe start to understand why Agatha Christy wrote “ The Big Four”.
And if have not read it then I invite to.
It is also sad to see that your thread has not have the debate that this program deserve…never mind.

Kacou

join