It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Recorded from Airplane over the Hurricane Dean

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Just a few points to consider:
1. Are you sure it's Hurricane Dean? It could be archived footage of any hurricane weather plane.
2. Why would NASA have any footage at all? The weather flights are done by NOAA.

And to be fair, the You Tube poster didn't post in English, perhaps he got the two organizations confused. It would explain why you can't find footage of it on the NASA website though.

I have no idea what the cute little light is. I didn't see any shadows on the clouds. I did see a glow on the wing when the light appeared to be near it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think it was a stray Chinese lantern that drifted from the Chinese release consortium.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
First :
Posted on You-Lose. Oh-so reliable. Yeah...

Second:
It's a reflection either off the window, or as
mentioned, off a TV screen.

Not amused,
Lex

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It could be the image stabilization device within the camera. It could be an internal reflection of the sun bouncing off this mechanism.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
first read on video:

reflection. you can see the light diffuse on (one of) the airplane window double windows.
it's like the dust photos. you can just tell.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Aliens, in a sport model....... no doubt. 100% totally real.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well, this might make me sound a bit odd right off the bat and I didnt want to do that just yet as I just joined but, things in my life happen in strange ways. I have had a great deal of weird expriencs in my life (Im 36 now) and I am not into all the new age hype (anymore) nor do I follow any specific religions (anymore), but I do try to live spiritually by my own understanding and keep my mind open.
I don't know what to think of the video.. real or not, there is so much fake stuff on the net its rather confusing, but... a few weeks ago I started dreaming of UFO's again, (one which was shared by my bf who is not much into the topic).
I have also been dreaming of high waters and floods, I live close to the sea.
I had 2 dreams which in them I had contact with 3 tall human looking aliens who told me disclosure is upon us. A few nights later I had a question concerning my first dream so asked before going to sleep and had the second dream... I am still not clear about what it meant, I have more questions... Anyhow, I have family in Jamaica whom I was very worried about during the storm.
I thought, if the aliens in my dream are real, maybe they could direct the storm away from the island, so I asked them to do just that... and... I thought... if I can only find one google video or article about UFO's sighted during hurricane Dean, then it would be like a sign.... so for me, maybe it is a hoax, but maybe it isnt, either way... it certainly seems like a personal sign of confirmation that maybe I am not completly mad.
I looked on google today and found nothing, then joined this site after listening to John Lear instead, (whom recomended this site), and this is the first topic I ran into and with a video just of what I was looking for, pretty cool! Nice 2 Meet you all! ~ J ~

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
just someone playing silly buggers with a flash light or something. total reflection. no mystery here

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
OK,

This is what I think is.

It's a guy with a video recorder pointing at his television. He is taking a small light and moving it around.

What you are seeing is the reflection on the TV screen.

I think it's an obvious hoax.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Somebody try to download a copy of it - just in case NASA makes a phone call to YouTube in the next few days!!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
ive gotta agree it defintley looks like the tv and flash light hoax, you can even see when the flashlight is turned off then switched back on to make it appear it has gone inside the clouds

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
How come it the camera precisely follows it in some occasion?

Something to do with a camera anomaly or a fake.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I don't think that this is a reflection from something INSIDE the plane. There's too much depth to it. If it were a reflection shooting out into the clouds and then back close to the plane, whatever was creating the light that was being reflected would have to be moving that far away from the window in which it was reflecting.

It's like a mirror. The further an object is from a mirror, the smaller it is. The object in question cannot be a reflection from INSIDE the plane, because you can only be so far away from the window that's being filmed out of.

I think reflections are quite easily ruled out. If it's not CGI, I would say it's a real object outside the plane.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by isitmagic

I've always found it so funny that when most people think of a UFO they always think that it has to be manned.. hmm aliened??
Have you ever considered that it is possible that it could be a probe of some sort, with data gathering sensors.
Just for the sake of argument, say there is a HUGE mothership parked in earth orbit. They see this gigantic (by our standards) swirling mass of clouds with a defined "eye" in the center and decide that they want to gather some information about this storm..
They sound the alarm to send a crew into the storm but it turns out the crew stayed out all night, partying at Scores and are in no condition to fly.
So, they decide to send one of their micro-probes down with a camera, mic and tons of other data gathering sensors to investigate.
Better to do send that than sending a hungover crew, they dont want another crash like the one in Roswell to go on their record.

Makes sense to me

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
IMO the "light" was added in after the fact.

Hate to say the dreaded CGI but it just looks too hokey to be anything else. It doesn't even look like a real generated light or reflection.

I don't often use those things over there at the right but

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Is the counter running in reverse for everyone else? It is for me. Never really noticed that before. Anyway, from 46 - 44 seconds it seems I can make out the person's body and movement associated with the moving flashlight. Precisely at 44 there seems to be a green reflection above the clouds that appears to be the top of that person's head. Anybody else see the same thing?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I could be wrong but this really looks like a pen-light on a TV screen to me. Video could have been taken from another source but the light looks added and almost like a reflection.

Doesn't seem authentic.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising
wait, these guys are flying over a hurricane, yet they have the mind to perpetrate an ufo hoax with a flashlight??? oh i guess because they have so much time on their hands during the looong broing flight....OVER A HURRICANE.....

You don't know if the guy who posted this video was in the plane at all. I can take a video recording and add cheap effects after the fact it's not that hard to do. It's possible the person recording in the the plane was simply filming an event of nature. Those do make for interesting video too you know.

After looking at it again I am sure its a pen-light over a TV screen, like the ones my mother used to bring home from the Hospital she worked at.

My opinion is this is not a real UFO.

Maybe a real hurricane though not necessarily Dean.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It has been removed by the youtube user... Just wonder why, I recorded it before he did though

--
Penta

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I forgot to download it yesterday, before I went looking for a video that could have been used to make this one, and, if I remember it correctly, it looks like this one.

If you still have it on your computer can you please tell if this is the same video?

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join