It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

external file?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Can anyone help me please. I want to have updated content on my website (latest articles, etc) but dont know how to do it. Is it a _javascript file i need?
I want to be able to update one file and have the content in that file displayed in a certain place on all my pages.
I do not understand _javascript but know enough to be able to mess around with an existing script, so please bear that in mind if you reply.
On the other hand, if you know of any websites that offer scripts such as the one i am looking for...that would also be great (i have been to DynamicDrive and while they do have scrollers, the content is always in the internal file)
thanks for any help coming

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
this could be done easily with PHP, but you need to make sure your host supports it first.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

Can anyone help me please. I want to have updated content on my website (latest articles, etc) but dont know how to do it.

You will need to download and install a CMS (Content Management System). This will allow you to remotely update your website, and add content. The are plenty of CMS out there, just Google, download and install the scripts.

When installing the CMS, you may want to use a script installer provided by you host like Fantastico.

new topics

join