It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME - looking back?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Im at a point in my life where im sort of contemplating what is acceptable in terms of views, morals, dreams, existence and bla bla lol

I would actually appreciate some input as I have experienced some strange things lately both physically and thoughts dreams etc

I am a usually a sceptic but these days I find myself wavering from experience which puts me in a strange position

[edit on 4-10-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Strange you speak of dreams but im not wanting to sound insane as it seems you get deemed a crazyhorse mentioning dreams on ats these days.

I am so used to being considered a "crazyhorse" (albeit very politely) that I consider it practically my alter ego...

I wish I could "enlighten" you regarding my dreams- but I can't.
The reason is very simple: my dreams have always been impossible to describe (not ALL of them, of course, but very often), because the values and meanings (the semantic layer) assigned to things and people in our daily life seem to be somehow transposed. For example, a pearl (gem) takes on the identity of a person or even a place while remaining a pearl.
And sometimes I see or experience things that I don't even know how to describe, let alone name, because so unlike anything I know in my waking life - and yet, during the dream they make perfect sense, they are intimately familiar to me.

But in the last few weeks, maybe months, they have become even more un-communicable.
Also, just the other day, I had the exact same dream as a member of my family (who doesn't live in the same house as I) - and on the same night.

See what I mean...?

P.S. Right now, as I am writing this, I am suddeling smelling carnations...
In the middle of the night, with no carnations - or cloves - anywhere.
Oh man.

I'd better go now. :-)

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

With everything that is happening in the world right now I wonder what is nuts?

Send me a post if you feel up to it either on op's or my post your choice.

I dont know anymore lol

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Vanitas

What if once upon some future time, a book was not a collection of words on printed pages. What if a book was not even a movie, but a pre-planned series of images etc taking place in a virtual universe inserted into the experiencer's mind. With only limited ability of the experiencer to make choices, in order that the story can not be changed. Not exactly the matrix with AIs holding the humans captive, more like a star trek holodeck adventure which eventually ends and disappears.

What if the rules of the book were that in oder to experience the story as it was intended, the experiencer must have a pre-made identity and memories temporarily impressed on their mind, sort of like "Dark City".

What if there was once a place called "earth", a million years ago. And maybe sometime during it's 20-21'st centuries came the tragic end to life there as they knew it, but many were rescued. What if once upon a future time, the earth was a popular setting for the writers of storybooks, who would write ripping "historical novels", which were the simulated lives and events of the earthers back then. And the novels came in varying degrees of historical truth and accuracy, because after all they were fiction derived from fact. Pre-packaged pseudo-historical lives. What if the life you think is you will disappear at the end of the book, leaving you back in the future a million years from now?

If the identity/memory impression started to fade prematurely, the experiencer would start to lose their focus of "being there", and start to be aware of where they really were in "the future". If someone who had once really lived on earth during those times were to be caught up in such a fictional story, would not their mind be screaming "bogus" and becoming confused between the truth of what was vs the illusion of the story?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I am so sorry I never replied to you!
I see this was posted in October 2008, just about the time I left this site for a long time, and then I never checked on it, until now.

I want you to know I really appreciate your interest and replies!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Thank you very much, Anonymous.
This was certainly a reply with a lot of "food" for thought.
I wish I knew who you are, but in case you're reading this, I hope to revive this thread sometime in the future.

Thanks!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join