It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME - looking back?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
(EDIT: I don't understand why the HTML - colour, font, size - is obviously off, but the blasted hideous "smilies" keep popping up even after being disabled?! I happen to prefer the strictly punctuational "smiles", thank you very much... Perhaps the instructions should be a little easier to find.)

First of all, I apologise if anything like this has been posted before.
(I did perform a keyword search, but nothing really relevant came up.)

I would like to know whether anyone has experienced the sensation of observing time - our "own" time, the one that each one is living right now (or so it appears) - from a more or less distant future.
In other words: the distinct sensation that your NOW is actually a memory from long ago.

I have, which is (rather obviously) the reason why I am asking.

Since nobody here knows me, I should explain that I have no known "conditions", either mental or physical (but that might be because I avoid all kind of physicians like the plague...
), nor am I an alcohol or drug abuser.

However, the first time I became clearly aware of this perception I was under the influence of a certain substance - a perfectly ordinary, OTC substance that is on sale even in the holier-than-thou EU (and that's saying a lot!).
In bed, I suddenly had the feeling that all I was experiencing - this time, MY time - was actually a memory, or rather, a gaze, from an immensely remote FUTURE.
(The most astounding thing was the fleeting idea - it was fleeting because I wouldn't let it linger - it was too shocking - that I was looking back from 15 000 years from "now". I don't know why, don't ask me. Besides, the numerical part is irrelevant to the question itself.)

As I said, the first time I became aware of such a sensation I was under a (mild) "influence". But I suspect it only blew open a "channel" that was there before; and from that first awareness I have been experiencing the same sensation (albeit less acutely) quite often, without any chemical help. I can, in fact, recall it at will; and the feeling is no less "real" than the feeling of the chair on which I am sitting right now.
(Even more so, actually. There is an eerie mental clarity to it that could only be compared to the sudden sobering effect that a mildly intoxicated person, feeling fuzzy, would feel when exposed to the bitterly cold air of a crystal clear night.)

I included this description only to present the phenomenon as clearly as possible; I hope it doesn't have the opposite effect.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hello Vanitas,

I don't think it's weird or that you lost your mind. I'm a medium and in my eyes these kind of experiences are quite normal, although not everybody will be sensitive to it.

The way I see it our spirit is not bound by place or time. It can be at a lot of places and times all at once. I know this sounds confusing but if you dive a little into the spiritual world you'll see these things are widely known or believed (just which ever one you choose...lol)

Now I have no evidence for this, this is purely speaking from my own experience. If I were to be a skeptic I'd probably ask you if you had an allergic reaction to what you where taking or if you ever smoked herbs (you know what I mean
just don't want to upset any posters).

Anyway I hope this helps you out.

Juliet

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

Hello Juliet -

Oh, I know I haven't lost my mind (I should be so lucky!)

I wasn't having an allergic reaction - of that I am pretty sure.

And no - no herbs (except good ol' nicotine) for me...

In fact, I have never been inebriated (vulgo drunk), let alone "stoned".
(Well, except by my own congenital highs, which cannot be regulated by the Codex Alimentarum - or any other codex, for that matter...

And it's not really the first instance that is so interesting to me... it's the fact that it's become consistent. It's a perfectly lucid sensation that now I can evoke at will (well, almost - depending on the day).

I do not "cultivate" it, not especially. And it is difficult to resist the temptation - it's difficult not to push the limits as far as I can, because the mind (or should I say the Mind?), in all its manifestations, is actually the core subject of my interest and all related work. (Not the only interest, but the core - and that should cover it.)

I don't want to push it because I rather need my pedestrian "mind" right now... However, should I ever be as lucky as that 36 M lotto-lucky lady in the UK last week- ah, then I would have the time of my life! (Not really sure whether the pun was intended or not...
)

More on this later... I haven't slept in a long time, and English is not really my turf, so I'd rather say goodnight for now.

But I am sure - well, I hope - that I'll have the chance to discuss this more at length with you (and others, of course).

And last but not least: thank you for such a prompt and kind reply.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well have a good night for tonight and I look forward too to discuss this further. And don't worry about your english... I'm dutch so if you make a mistake I won't even notice it

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

Hey, I was so busy editing (as usually: blurt out first, correct later, that's my motto...) that I didn't notice your second reply!

A goede nacht to you, too!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I was saying before on another thread from a million years ago that our time could be an experiment from another universe or phase in time, without our exact linear time. If aliens were in fact from the future or the past and actually just studying us from their universe or place in time. We could then be an injected conscienceness into this world or universe for the purposes of examining what to them is an anomily, and to us our reality. We could be a fluke of the universe with our linear time and the such.... What if they are us and we are just volenteers for an experiment, willing or unwilling? We could also be an off shoot from their place of origin living out of the loop, recycling our conscienceness as the matter here is cycling through its many changes. We might be the state of the art , universe/ time terraforming technology. Inject life into a paradox artificially created and then manipulate it as well as the matter within to combine with your space time, making something from nothing. far fetched I'm sure. creation! just my thoughts

[edit on 20-8-2007 by newyorkee]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

That's great, Newyorkee!
(And mighty unfair from you to post NOW, considering your location and time zone, I might add...
)

OK, I'll take this thought to bed, too.

I hope to be back some time... soon.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Am I to understand that nobody who has read this so far ever had a similar experience...?

Obviously, this is not a reproach. How could it be?
I just find it puzzling...
(Which is why I posted in the first place.)

Anyway, I have many more questions (and answers, too
).
But more on that some other time...

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
With so many time-concerned citizens around, I thought I'd bump this ancient thread, as a bait.

Seriously: I simply can't believe I am the only one who's ever had such an experience.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Dear Vanitas, Yes, I experience the sense that you sense, though I never used any substances, not even legal substances. I have let myself fall into the experience, to know what is on the other side. This historical novel of 20-21'st earth is collapsing, and we will be returned to our correct place and time.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i cant say as i get the same feelings as yourself but i do at times get the sudden feeling that this has all happened already, not a feeling that can be brought on as you describe, and not a de javu type experiance either, just asudden feeling of this has all happened already and on a couple of occasions iv thought to myself what is gonna happen next, silly things like, my dads gonna phone in a minute or the doorbells gonna go, and its happened, unlike yourself friend i always put it down to having dabbled in chemicals in my younger days that i still believe opened parts of the mind that are usually closed.

on a side note i belive de javu type experiances are caused by timetravel, which can only be done one way, backwards as the future aint happened yet we cant go there, but the past has so we can go that way, and its our consiousness that travels not the physical, so when we travel back our consiousness moves into our own body so no paradox of two of us being here. . the de javu happens when someone comes back and changes very small insignificant things that cause a small rippling effect, with the rest of us suddenly feeling like we've just done whatever we were doing twice.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Thanks, dear Anonymous!

I hope you come back and tell us some more.
I know I would love to hear more from you.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

This might sound far fetched but what if we all died in the future or rather the present and what we are experiencing is a multitude full of life flashing before your eyes??

[edit on 4-10-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whoswatchinwho

Well, your description sounds very much like what I've experienced.

Personally, I don't think it is connected with deja vu.
Ever since I've heard about the recent findings that seem to have established there is a minuscule delay between our observation of an event and it happening - supposedly we see things a fraction of a second before they happen -, I am reasonably satisfied that is the likely cause of deja vu (which still makes it a highly interesting phenomenon - not to mention what it tells us about "time"!).

This, however, is a different thing.
And it's terrifying.
I simply cannot make myself "open the eyes" (metaphorically) and let them see whatever it is being shown.
It's as if my physical body were unable to resist the impact of the sight.

But it's very good to talk about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

We're talking about the Cosmos: I don't think anything is too far-fetched.

And yes, it definitely feels like a "review" of past events.
The frightening thing is the abyss-like distance in time that I feel "has" passed.

And besides... if that is so, if this feeling is accurate (the fact that it came quite spontaneously and unexpectedly makes me suspect that it might be) - WHERE from am I observing it?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Then there is also the question.

Can one change ones past.

This conflicted with every single person dying equals erm.... chaos of some unkown magnitude and maybe that lead to our deaths!

I can see how many people might go insane debating what is and what is not.

On a serious note this just sprang into my mind from the OP's post but it could be...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

please have a little read here to something that I am just slightly speaking of as I have had a lot of thought as I could put it into this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Im not stealing the OP's thunder but you seem to maybe grasp what im talking about.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Thanks.

I have flagged that thread, so I can easily find it in the, ehm, future. :-)

It is now time for me to go and face another unpredictable journey through the night (AKA dreams).

And, BTW, they are becoming weirder and weirder...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Then there is also the question.

Can one change one's past

Indeed there is.

Which is why I, unsurprisingly, remembered this old thread while I was thinking about the thread on - "retrocausality".

I'll be back, as soon as I can.
Because if I start articulating my thoughts and "insights" regarding your question in this particular post, another night will have been consumed before I even know what hit me...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Strange you speak of dreams but im not wanting to sound insane as it seems you get deemed a crazyhorse mentioning dreams on ats these days.

Maybe you can enlighten me?

Thanks for the flag

top topics

<<   2 >>

join