It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The North Korea Threat Is Bigger Than Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
CNN

A private American delegation that visited North Korea in recent days was shown the nuclear spent fuel storage pond at Yongbyon and found it empty, reinforcing North Korea's claims to have reprocessed the fuel into bomb-grade plutonium.Delegate and former ambassador Jack Pritchard said the message to the U.S. from Pyongyang was "time is not on your side."

This doesn't sound reassuring to me!!! I believe that N. Korea is and was a bigger threat to the U.S. than Iraq ever was. I also believe instead of invading Iraq the Bush Administration should have done something about N. Korea. Now we're just about screwed.

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Indeed NK is a dangerous threat. I say we start putting the pressure on them. They were a danger ALWAYS, since they became commie/facists.

Also I see you have clark's site, you pushing for the general. He seems to be a good guy but theres one problem, hes talken 6 different points of veiw on Iraq, if he clarified his opinion and stuck to it, he would be ok by me.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
He has clarified his views on the Iraq decision. He says that if he were in Congress he would have voted no for the war.

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
He said to one of his collegues that he would vote 'yea' on the authorization. We'll he probitally had to see the intel, but if the intel was as Powell said it was, he would of said yes, anyway about it hes a good alternative to Dean (who has no nuts).

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't belive that North Korea is an immenent threat, but could become one quickly. They are a dying breed (a red country), and I belive that the Bomb, to them, is somewhat of a surrogate penis, they just want respect.

(Of course, fat chance of that happening, even from me. Kim Jong Il is one seriously f'ked up dude)

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
When are people going to get it trough their thick skulls. North Korea is not going to attack the US or anybody. I mean why give the US an excuse to turn the whole country into glass? Oh that's right we dont really need an excuse to invade someone. We just make one up and get the public to go along with it trough lies, propaganda and false intelligence like we did on Iraq.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuanBond
I don't belive that North Korea is an immenent threat, but could become one quickly. They are a dying breed (a red country), and I belive that the Bomb, to them, is somewhat of a surrogate penis, they just want respect.

(Of course, fat chance of that happening, even from me. Kim Jong Il is one seriously f'ked up dude)

What are you talking about???? North Korea is not a dying breed, they don't want respect (they especially don't want it from the U.S.), and they are a VERY REAL IMMINENT THREAT, as the article describes.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
When are people going to get it trough their thick skulls. North Korea is not going to attack the US or anybody. I mean why give the US an excuse to turn the whole country into glass? Oh that's right we dont really need an excuse to invade someone. We just make one up and get the public to go along with it trough lies, propaganda and false intelligence like we did on Iraq.

we really don't even need to make up one.

We've got pre-emptive strikes in the name of american defense. It's a ready-made excuse!

I'm glad someone agrees with me.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

What are you talking about???? North Korea is not a dying breed, they don't want respect (they especially don't want it from the U.S.), and they are a VERY REAL IMMINENT THREAT, as the article describes.

I see us as more of an threat than NK. I mean who is going around invading countries left and right? Oh thats right us. And we are probably going to invade Syria too.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ok North Korea threat is bigger then the Iraq threat.

That is way they are talking and not fighting.

Who wants a nuke war?

It is more dangers then the Iraq threat so it is being dealt another way.

Please remember one theing.

Every threat can not be dealt the same way.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If North Korea flares it then it is not going to be like Iraq, the crisis will escalate over days, perhaps hours to a major showdown, the US will have about a weeks notice before they NK's are able to mobilise in full. Then you'll start to see troop pullbacks and carriers being diverted.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
Ok North Korea threat is bigger then the Iraq threat.

That is way they are talking and not fighting.

Who wants a nuke war?

It is more dangers then the Iraq threat so it is being dealt another way.

Please remember one theing.

Every threat can not be dealt the same way.

Out,
Russian

Yeah we just only invade countries that we know we can defeat easily. The US wont go to war with NK, because they actually have WMD.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Yeah we just only invade countries that we know we can defeat easily. The US wont go to war with NK, because they actually have WMD.

Sorry if you didnt know this earlier.

But that is the truth.

Well untill you back US in a corner.

Then...

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Sorry if you didnt know this earlier.

But that is the truth.

Well untill you back US in a corner.

Then...

Out,
Russian

Well Ocelot is correct. We only invaded Iraq because their army was nothing we could have easily defeated their army in a few days, but we have the street guerrilla fighters to deal with.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

Well Ocelot is correct. We only invaded Iraq because their army was nothing we could have easily defeated their army in a few days, but we have the street guerrilla fighters to deal with.

Yes he is correct.

And you will see that human adapt.

So the US army will adapt to the guerrilla warfare and everything will be good.

P.S. also what I was trying to say in the post above is that US deosnt fight countries with nukes. You can call it scared or what but they dont. That is way they are talking and not fighting with North Korea.

Out,
Russian

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by Russian]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Unlike Iraq, I actually do think North Korea has WMD in the form of nukes. I do not think they will use them as anything more than a bargaining chip so long as the U.S. doesn't pull another preemptive invasion and war with NK. If the U.S. does invade North Korea, all bets are off and I'm sure nukes will start raining down from the sky.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Unlike Iraq, I actually do think North Korea has WMD in the form of nukes. I do not think they will use them as anything more than a bargaining chip so long as the U.S. doesn't pull another preemptive invasion and war with NK. If the U.S. does invade North Korea, all bets are off and I'm sure nukes will start raining down from the sky.

As you should already know.

Nukes are just polotical chips.

Even in terrorist hands.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
America wont go to war with north korea, it doesnt have the balls to take on someone that could hit them hard, americans get upset when they have a few hundred soldiers dead in iraq, what would be the outcry when a million north koreas rush in and kill the 60000 americans there

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gollwog
America wont go to war with north korea, it doesnt have the balls to take on someone that could hit them hard, americans get upset when they have a few hundred soldiers dead in iraq, what would be the outcry when a million north koreas rush in and kill the 60000 americans there

Please read my 5 or so posts above.

I am trying to say this all along.

But thats good you understand it too.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yes North Korea launching missiles would be the last decision its dictator ever made.

Pyongyang knows this just as well as we do.

But there is always the threat that he could supply other enemies with a bomb to smuggle here as well.

As far as the political issues brought up previously I have a few comments on that to:

Where is the oft cited and indomitable UN, are they asleep. Why won't the UN security council take up this matter officially where it should be taken care of.

Would it be that China likes the status quo, keeping Taiwan on the back burner.

Maybe some member nations want to see us forced to unilateral action so political criticism can continue internationally and domestically in an attempt to destabilize our government.

Last but not least our allie's the South Koreans realize that warfare on the peninsula would not and could not be contained to the North and it is in their best interest to wait for the regime in pyongyang to collapse from within.

In the recent past and now the US knows the ramifications that an attack on the North will have on the South and that I believe is the reason Iraq was dealt with instead.

The time for large scale direct military confrontation passed during the Truman administration. Since that time the North Korean Army was first rebuilt and resupplied by China and the former Soviet Union making an attack possible cause for WWIII until the end of the cold war, Certain American administrations after that time weakend our military to the extent that by the early 90's all we could do was make a deal with the North Koreans which unfortunatly has lead us to the impass of today.

Either the North Korean people will get tired of the yoke and overthrow the current regime or Pyongyang decides to use WMD, US will end it for them

A ground invasion seems out of the question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join