It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new mexican FX-05 Xiuhcoatl vs the new xm8

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
here are some pics
img45.imageshack.us...

img98.imageshack.us...

notice the aztec snake engraved on the gun

so its kinda of a combo with the scar and g-36

and the g36 compact

so now for the xm8

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
ok so now for the info the fx-05 has a rate of fire of 700-750 rounds per minute and is reinforced with carbon-fibers and comes in dark-green and desert-tan colors and take 5.56x45mm rounds

wile the xm-8 takes 5.56 × 45 mm rounds and can be made in diffrent stats such as sniper,gunner,or compact to make it more easy to swap parts.

i think its a tie for these to.......but one thing for sure is the Fx-05 beats the m-4 and m-16 .

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
However, how much does it cost?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
looks like a rip of off the HK g36 to me

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i know its cheaper then the xm8 but more then the m-16 or G-3

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I thought the XM-8 was cancelled a good while ago?

Dont really understand how you can say its cheaper or do any comparisons to something that doesnt really "exist" anymore.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i didnt know that..thats a shame it seems like a good gun.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Yeah...the XM-8 was canceled a long while ago. (On a side note) as far as I'm concerned, the FX-05 is just a Mexican ripoff of the G36. Unless I'm mistaken, there was almost a lawsuit filed by H&K on the basis that they basically stole the designs and replicated the gun. The charges were dropped since it was significantly different, but I certainly don't see the FX-05 as anything deserving of recognition.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Nice looking gun, seriously.. here comes the but

Where is it manufactured and by who, also who designed it?
I dont recall anything, ever, coming out of Mexico that won any awards, so to speak.
I would be a little suspect about its reliability, accuracy and quality. Its not something I would want to take into battle, not that im a soldier but if I were I'd be a little hesitant.
Im not completely biased though, I wouldnt mind taking it out for
a few thousand rounds.
I dont know if this would be available for civilian purchase but if it was, I wouldnt
put down any of my hard-earned
money down on it.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
ill post more info on it in another thred since i have to look up info but u are right it isnt that great but one thing for sure is i rather use it in combat then the m-16 but i think there old weapons for the mexicans were just as good the G-3s if only they could mod it to make a better weapon then just gettin new guns besides mexico should use the money to get new russian fighters like they were that would help then much more the idea of mexico having a military is just like canada to defend its self from the u.s and its oil reserves.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
im a mexican soldier and ive used the fx-05 its easier to carry and by far way better than the M-16 we use M-16 also as well as MP-5s the FX-05 is still better. im stationed in Acapulco guerrero.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The irony in this comparison, is that your comparing the G36 to the G36. Both are G36 derivatives/copies, so it's purely ergonomics and asthetics here. Not to be racist here, but Mexicans don't exactly have a reputation in gunsmithing.

The FX-05 looks like a cheap, sweatshop version of the G36. It looks decently compact and ergonomic, But theres too much "junk" up on top. There's: a weaver rail, optical sight, carry handle, and iron sights all ready for use. The carrying handle looks to be of neglible value, due to it's off-centre position, and the lack of extra space to fit an actual hand into it. The charging handle is just on the left, so I'm guessing it isn't ambidextrous, like the G36/M8. The folding stock looks a little to bulky for it to be a easy CQB weapon, unlike the G36C.

All in all, the (X)M8 wins this hands down

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Err it looks like you're comparing an in-use and mass-produced weapon with a prototype which was turned down as a waste of time to me.

The FX-05 doesn't look like anything particularly special as I've seen it (vary much a carbine, with the Mexican special forces, similar to a G36-E), but hey, it might be a decent enough weapon.

The XM8 just looked cheap and nasty to be honest.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hpsfl

Mexican don't have gunsmithing reputation?? By any chance do you know why you use the "M" in your guns?? I'll tell you why. Because everyone of those are modifications to the MONDRAGON system, the Fusil Porfirio Diaz was the very first one automatic assault rifle in the world. Over the time, it has had many modifications, but all the systems are based on the Mondragon system, also we had another with many good designs, the Mendoza, but because of the Mexican law and regulations and the lack of budget, those were never developed to it's maximum. At the begining of world war I, France was using cannons called the 80 Poderoso, which had a modified firing system developed by...guess who... Mr. Mendoza, the use and developmen of smokeless black powder, was also a Mexican, Gral Felipe Angeles who developed this in France, I'm pretty sure, if we had the need, money and resources, we would develope many way much better weapons. By the way, there is no need to say you are not racist, if you are not really. Mexicans are not racist by culture, we learn about that some were else.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I need to do some corrections, it was not the first automatic assault rifle, but semi auto, neither Colt, Remington or other manufacturers were sucessful on developing one. The 80 Poderoso modifications were made by Gral. Mondragon not Mendoza. Mendoza developed the HM3 submachine gun and others.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
it does kinda look like the g3, but its not the same, its built with polymers, and the barrell used in the fx-05 is different (polygonal rifling). One of the reasons the FX-05 looks so externally similar to the G36 is that it was manufactured using some equipment that was bought from Heckler & Koch as Mexico has a history of domestically producing licensed Heckler & Koch weapons.They had a dispute over the FX-05 design, but they later dropped that. And yes, Mexico does have gunsmithing reputation, its just not that strong like Israel or Russia. And yes, we invented the semi automatic rifle. Please, do some research before talking. Even though the rifle looks similar it is internally different with a completely different mechanism

By the way, im a Special Forces soldier using the FX-05, its better than the M4 or M16. Its lightweight, has an amazing fire rate, little recoil, and the folding stock is not bulky at all. Its a nice, reliable weapon and i can tell you something Kronos, you can take it to battle and kick serious ass with it.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hpsfl

You say you aren't a racist? Maybe, but you definitely aren't knowledgeable about firearms and history, either.

First, the FX-05 is completely different internally than the G36. The fire control group and bolt are entirely new designs. The matter has been settled, and put to bed by H&K and the Mexican Army. True, externally it looks like a G36, but if all you went by were the looks, then you may want to rethink that assertion you made about not being, well you know.

Second, the Mexicans have produced fine firearms when it suited them (Mausers, etc). A special arm worth mentioning is the Mondargon, the first semi-automatic battle rifle in history. It is said that many of the features found on the latter M1 Garand and all other semi-automatic rifles since, borrow from this orginal Mexican design.

While Mexico does not have a large firearms industry (and they don't need one since they keep a small standing army, and since their laws prevent citizens from owning many types of guns), they certainly have the engineering and expertise to design and build small arms like the best of them.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You're also forgetting the fact that US special forcers do not carry regular m4's anymore. They are all outfitted with gas piston systems, similar to that of the AK. Makes for an extremely reliable weapon in sand and water environments. I also read that the military thought it would be more cost effective to add the gas piston system to their current armory of m-16 varients, as it would be cheaper than an entirely new weapon platform.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join