It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paedophiles may have less grey matter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Paedophiles may have less grey matter

www.newscientist.com

Paedophiles may have reduced concentrations of nerve cells in key areas of the brain compared to normal people, according to a study published by German researchers.

The study could have significant legal implications, experts say, because it hints at a direct link between brain development and criminal behaviour.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Based on these findings, perhaps the entire population should have similar MRI's and those found with similar defective brains should be terminated before they can harm any childeren. Society as a whole would be better off by stopping this bad gene pool..........

www.newscientist.com

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
lol, i know your being sarcastic right.....

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 20-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Why would one think I was "kidding"? If found with this brain disorder purge them from society.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If you cannot stop it before birth, you cannot really do what you want.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by astmonster
Based on these findings, perhaps the entire population should have similar MRI's and those found with similar defective brains should be terminated before they can harm any childeren. Society as a whole would be better off by stopping this bad gene pool..........

DO YOU REALIZE THAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HUMAN BEINGS?

Why would one think I was "kidding"? If found with this brain disorder purge them from society.

If it's a mental disorder, then it should be possible to treat it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

www.newscientist.com

Are you serious?
So you are condemning someone before they commit a crime? Just because the possibility is there, doesn't make it so. I have seen plenty of people whose fetuses tested positive for downs syndrome to have the babies come out fine.

Yes, it is awful that children get preyed upon. I was one of them. But it doesn't mean I want to see people disposed of.
It is better that they are just kept a close eye on and get a lot of therapy.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So you are in favor of sexually abusing kids? Stop the insanity. Test the public, find the evil, terminate it!

How can you compare "downs" with paedophiles? One is an innocent one is a monster! Purge the monsters

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I remember watching a movie about how people are judged on their genes. The better your genes are the better jobs you can get and vice versa.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien42
If it's a mental disorder, then it should be possible to treat it.

No it is a brain disorder, a hardwired genetic evil, stop the abuse!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BostonOrange

The movie was GATTACA..........good movie, good idea too. Society already does that anyway. How many garbage collectors have PhD's?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is one of the most absurd ideas I have ever heard. We are not even sure yet that there is a link or that the correlation is even high. Even if it was you cannot punish someone before they commit a crime because of some insane idea that they are genetically inclined to do so. Eugenics is not something society should mess around with, it is morally reprehensible and ethically wrong. Whats next, showing MRI's in court to "prove" a case when you have no other evidence? This is a field we cannot fully yet understand, predict or control. As such, and given that we are dealing with the lives of human beings, we should not attempt to accept half science as fact and present it as evidence.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by astmonster

There's nothing that I hate more than people who litter, park their cars wrong, jaywalk etc. Therefore I suggest we kill everyone and problem solved! They dont actually have to do anything, just as long as they might I say we kill em all...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

How many garbage collectors have PhD's?

I can't answer that but I read about a cab driver that had one.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Based on these findings, perhaps the entire population should have similar MRI's and those found with similar defective brains should be terminated before they can harm any childeren. Society as a whole would be better off by stopping this bad gene pool....

Stopping a bad gene pool huh? Much like Hitler wanted to do with the Jews? Executing people over a test based on a lot of theory is a ridiculous idea. To execute people as a preemptive measure is wrong no matter how you look at it. You can not kill people for what they MIGHT do, in this country we execute people for what they HAVE done. If anyone ever suggested a death penalty for child molestation I would support it, but not based on a test that say someone MIGHT be.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

How many garbage collectors have PhD's?

Yes, and I know some "exotic dancers" that have PhD's. Really!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

So that begs a question. What's your point then? It seems moot now.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen

Stopping a bad gene pool huh? Much like Hitler wanted to do with the Jews? Executing people over a test based on a lot of theory is a ridiculous idea. To execute people as a preemptive measure is wrong no matter how you look at it. You can not kill people for what they MIGHT do, in this country we execute people for what they HAVE done. If anyone ever suggested a death penalty for child molestation I would support it, but not based on a test that say someone MIGHT be.

Then please explain the concept of a "hate crime"? Or a terrositic threat? Or "fire" in a theater.........or arresting a paedophile when the "show up" to meet an under age child they met on the internet?

Why take a chance, how many innocents need be abused before society acts? One arrest, do the test, terminate the pest!!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So that begs a question. What's your point then? It seems moot now.

errr.......IQ and education does not always equal morality.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Why take a chance, how many innocents need be abused before society acts? One arrest, do the test, terminate the pest!!!!!

While I'm all for removing these predators from society permanently, I do not think Minority Report justice is the way to go. Remember, innocent until proven guilty. If you preempt that you spit on justice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join