It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New life forms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally published by New Scientist 18th August 2007 p.15 col.4
Could life in deep space be made from mere inorganic particles of dust? According toa computer simulation, electically charged dust can organised itself into spiral structures that behave in many ways like living organisims; reproducing and passing on information to one another.
"It has a lot of the hallmarks for how we define life," says Gregor Morfill of the Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestial Physics in Garching, Germany. Morfill and his colleagues simulated what happens to dust immersed in an ionised gas. The team found that the dust sometimes forms double helices and, like DNA, they can store information.

So do you think that these lifeform simulations are wrong, right, or propoganda preparing us?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sorry I see this as other alchemy table based life forms. I wonder about great intelligences out there that can communicate, but we not with them?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I've written some inflammatory stuff........ but this is moreso. Why do I get 50 replies to 'Why haven't they attacked yet,' but none to this? I have heard people get irate that we are avoiding the truth, the truth is to start at information. Why don't we look for the basic evidence, and not the complete 'grey' armour?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
We are all Dust in the wind.

Dont worry we will be ok.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled

Originally published by New Scientist 18th August 2007 p.15 col.4
According to a computer simulation, ...............

So have you missed the keywords ? Its not real. Its a speculation at most.
However, life originating in deep space is not a new idea, this theory is called Panspermia. Please review this link:
en.wikipedia.org...

What they are doing is, testing the possibility using simulations. Don't confuse it with facts.

[edit on 11/9/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

No, the point is that this is scientific establishment of the possibility of ET physical co-ordination of chemicals to give, amongst other things, information. UFO stuff is all about dodgy information, questioning photos, not the real questions of what forms could life take, how would that would behave and so on

[edit on 11-9-2007 by redled]

top topics

join