It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be honest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hey every one, you'll doing good ? good to hear
any way....

I was thinking about Africa as a continent and its goverments, or war lords, which ever term you like to use, lets be honest, is there any hope for this continent to sort its own goverment out ?

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
A simple question but one I fear has many answers.

Some parts of Africa have stable governments, maybe not perfect, then our government is far from perfect.

South Africa does seem to be a beacon of better government in Southern Africa so I think we can see a benchmark for the rest of southern Africa.

We have to accept that while Africa is a single continent, I do not think we can judge the whole continent in one go. The top part of Africa which is Arab does seem to have consistence government and in some countries were are elections.

For me, it is the middle part of Africa which is of greatest concern, and too many countries are ruled by war lords rather than some resemblance of elected government.

One question that does spring to mind, is why do we seek to impose a western style of Government of these countries, and assume that everyone wants an elected government. Have we asked the majority of the peoples in Africa what tyoe of government they want. NO. We assume they want a similar type of government to the one we have. Just like we assumed that wanted to be convered to the christian faith.

We have enough issues with our own government listening to its people and doing our will.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Of course there is "hope," at the very least. Africa has only been decolonized for a few decades; recovering from the exploitation may take longer. Even still, Western influence is huge through the international lenders (IMF, World Bank), multinational businesses, foriegn aid, arms trade, etc.

Freedom ERP
One question that does spring to mind, is why do we seek to impose a western style of Government of these countries, and assume that everyone wants an elected government. Have we asked the majority of the peoples in Africa what tyoe of government they want. NO. We assume they want a similar type of government to the one we have. Just like we assumed that wanted to be convered to the christian faith.

But if we asked the majority of the people in Africa what type of government they wanted, and took that answer as legitimate, that would be an affirmation of democracy, would it not?

new topics

join