It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Can I post info here about the Russian 2018 mars mission?

tz

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I can't see why not

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Im not sure but, the Russians wont make it to mars before America, if its manned. Their economy is way too weak.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taxman
Im not sure but, the Russians wont make it to mars before America, if its manned. Their economy is way too weak.

Dont be to sure about that.

Nobody can predict anything.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tz
I can't see why not

Thanks

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I mean the US Economy isnt strong enough to reach it before 2030 (well we do harbor the largest military budget so I'm not clear on the circumstances with Russia) but I dont think the Russians could.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It would definitely be interesting to get a Russian perspective on the space race.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Please give a link or two to help put this in focus, then we can have the fun of talking about what might or might not happen.......

Michael

ps - section was created just for space topic so yes go for it

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Russian Mars mission link

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by Russian]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
It would definitely be interesting to get a Russian perspective on the space race.

Here I see the 60's come back!

Races are good for technology!

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

By Russian
Races are good for technology!

I suppose that's true. So is war.

Necessity is the mother of invention!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Unlike the US, Russia has few qualms about breaking a few eggs to make the omelet... While safety is a concern, it's never been an obsession with them... But, I doubt they'll commit the resources to it (and I doubt this administration will either, but likely divert this 12 billion to black NWO projects).....

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
Russian Mars mission link

Thanks for the link, sorry for asking this, are you Russian? I remember watching World War II documentaries with how the people of Moscow survived the German attack, some really brave people. I must say that the Germans won on splitting us apart, with lie's as seen in how you would defend your land the same as we would. We actually had a chance to become good allies but too much propaganda pushed us apart. Common person in Russia I would say is the same in America who want a good life. Only those like Hitler who attack and then seperate thru fear those who would come against him. Lie's are what keep us apart a People republic same here in the USA but political leaders seem bent on keeping us apart, it won't be leaders who will succeed in joining our two people it will be the people. Like the tower of Babel, we once had a single language, and now speak but somehow what we say is mistranslated so we dare each other.

Space is therefore where we can overcome those lie's and find we do indeed have common value's. Those who came down and change our language declare we should be prepared for perhaps a galatic war with them wanting to seperate us even further lest we join and confront them.

Michael

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
the amercains have the economy, but with the recent shuttle accdents one must question if the money is going to the correct places. the russians on the other hand do not have enough money to live by the amercain standard of living, let alone pay for rockets. until a cheaper alternative comes in, the russians are out of it.

E_T

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
While Russians have some good plans those won't realize when even current programs are continuously in budget problems and I think we have to wait for some time before economy rises enough to allow considerable increases to space exploration budget.

Instead of making multiple consecutive one line replies could you fit them to same reply?
Reading these oneliners is quite hard and it dramatically decreases amount of actual text in what you have to go through.

But think what could be accomplished if just only 10% of world's military budget would be redirected to space exploration.
www.globalsecurity.org...

Originally posted by kegs
Necessity is the mother of invention!

...but sometimes Necessity should use birth control!

top topics

join