It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Space Shuttle dock at the Secret Space Station tonight?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
greetings to all; i am a new member,have been lurking and reading ATS for quite some time; this is for Ms. Undo; in late 1978 i saw a large(300ft.+) black triangular shaped craft pass directly over head;the location i was in was rather secluded,no traffic or extraenous noise; the object was silent and i watched it for possibly 2 minutes as it traveled from my left to right, until it abruptly made a 90 degree turn from horizontal to vertical and accelerated out of sight in a second's time.

to mr Lear and Zorgon; thank you for sharing with us and you are appreciated.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmilla
IMO BS doesn't seem too receptive to new ideas.

Jmilla, I'm quite receptive to new ideas. Even the ones that sound quite fantastical, such as that nuclear matter behaves as an ideal fluid when the energy density is high ehough. Or that neutrinos have mass. Or that there is a host of new type of elementary particles described by "supersymmetry". Would you like to discuss that?

I'm quite receptive to the weirdest ideas provided they have substance to them. JL ideas, well, do not have that.

BS will look like what I would call a "tool," or someone whose closed mind made him subject to the viewpoints the very people who keep these secrets want us to have.

Well it's pretty rich of you to call me close minded. If I have the mental capacity to weigh somebody's claim against a few facts and cross-check this (I understand not everybody is capable of that) this does not mean that I have an iota of close-mindedness.

My apologies in advance to BS, I'm not necessarily name calling, but it seems you spend a majority of your time trying to refute John Lear's claims, by doing the very thing that ATS frowns upon, which is remaining adamantly opposed to all the evidence he provides, or embracing ingorance, rather than denying it.

Jmilla, ATS is certainly in favor of maintaning a reasonably high quality of information posted here. I presented evidence from sources outside of NASA realm that is quite incompatible with JL's claims. Since he freely admits that these reflect his beliefs and he can't really back them up, it is entirely appropriate to point out that according to the facts these are most likely false. I don't see how anybody can have a problem with that, except for make-believe desperados.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by buddhasystem]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I have just a question regarding the title of this thread...

It is titled 'Did the Space Shuttle Dock at the Secret Space Station Tonight?'

From reading various threads on/at ATS I've seen assertions that there are multiple 'Secret Space Stations', not just one. SO, why is the title of the thread referring to 'the' Secret Space Station, and not referring to 'one of' the Secret Space Station(s)?

Sorry if my critical thinking skills get in the way...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Sorry if my critical thinking skills get in the way...

Excuse me....this is intended in a friendly helpful way...

Critical thinking skills are never to be considered as "getting in the way". Properly applied skills of that sort are useful and woefully missing in many of the exchanges I see on the Internet.

I think your thinking skills are just fine. You ask good questions and appear to not be swallowing everything presented as good and reliable information. Don't stop.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

MrPenny, thank you.

I try not to offend with MY opinions, while I try to understand others' opinions...it can be difficult at times, and the hardest part is to remember which 'thread' we are on at the time, since we tend to jump around (at least I do) and sometimes forget...

So, point is, off-topic posts happen. Sorry...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Dear WW,

if you read the OP, it's clear the JL had a particular station in mind. It's also one of many, according to him. Hope this helps.

As a reminder, such idea crossed JL's mind when he was thinking why is that the Shuttle takes so long to dock with the ISS. Since then, numerous arguments showed that such a maneuver can indeed take a while due to constraints of the ISS orbit, location of the launch site and some physics to boot. John then had to claim that Shuttle is fitted with alien technology and thus has access to enormous amounts of energy which allow it to maneuver at will at high acceleration. None of it has been observed. Shuttle's orbit is well known and the vehicle is a much loved target for amateur astronomer's observations. There was not a single report of the Shuttle being absent from its advertised position.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Im going to maintain a converstation with a email to NASA see what they say about some of these acusations I may get them to act truthful it would be good evidence.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Originally posted by buddhasystem

John then had to claim that Shuttle is fitted with alien technology and thus has access to enormous amounts of energy which allow it to maneuver at will at high acceleration.

Thanks for the post BS. I have forgotten where and when I made that comment. Could you please refresh my memory? Thanks

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Shuttle's orbit is well known and the vehicle is a much loved target for amateur astronomer's observations. There was not a single report of the Shuttle being absent from its advertised position.

This has been the main point that has me questioning how much, if any, 'extra work' is being done by the shuttle. I don't see how deviations would not be caught by quite a few people. It would have to be done without altering it's scheduled flight path.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by aeroman1
I may get them to act truthful it would be good evidence.

Now THAT is a funny statement

Lunar Weather Report...

NASA predicts dust storms ... news at 11

So errr while your at it could you ask them about the dust storms on the moon? Humor me on this one I would like their 'acting truthful' answer... If you need some addresses let me know...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Shuttle's orbit is well known and the vehicle is a much loved target for amateur astronomer's observations. There was not a single report of the Shuttle being absent from its advertised position.

This has been the main point that has me questioning how much, if any, 'extra work' is being done by the shuttle. I don't see how deviations would not be caught by quite a few people. It would have to be done without altering it's scheduled flight path.

Indeed, I've been observing the shuttle and space station in my telescope for years. I've yet to see it make any "unscheduled stops" before or after docking to the international space station, nor have I seen any other space stations along its flight path. As for why it takes so long, the reason is quite simply that the orbital mechanics of the space station do not allow for a fast approach to the station during most launch windows. You can only launch when the orbital plane of ISS crosses over the launch site, and the station can be flying over the other side of the world at that time. The station's orbit has to be inclined enough to permit the russians to easily launch towards it, and that keeps the launch windows short for us. In other words, we don't have time to wait for it to get closer before we launch. Even though the shuttle and the station travel incredibly fast, their relative velocity to each other can never be all that high - almost all of the shuttle's fuel is spent getting to orbit, there just isn't enough left to drastically change orbits enough to permit a significantly faster time to docking.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shd

Originally posted by johnlear

Now that has to be the most thorough inspection I ever heard off.

Mr. Lear, I've been quietly reading through ATS for quite a while now. 1 Question though and I hope I dont sound rude towards you. but do you see conspiracy in everything that happens in NASA. I'm sure when they where informed of the damage on the heat tiles they where spending the time to check. Specially when the shuttle isnt exactly the smallest thing in the world and doing a spacewalk in the bulky suits and limited O2 isnt going to make it a 'quick' one day job. Specially when they have to make sure they dont make any damage worse by mistake.

Again i hope i dont sound rude i mean no disrespect.

The shuttle makes a roll and the inspection of the acreage tile is carried out from the ISS using digital cameras (Rendezvous Pitch Maneuver (RPNI)). I watched this maneuver when swedish television covered the STS-116 Discovery (December 9-22, 2006) mission with astronaut Fuglesang onboard. The actual inspection only takes a few minutes.

Cheers

[edit on 1-1-2008 by tangent45]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Finally... Good to hear from an astronomer with solid data to debunk this theory. As to orbital mechanics, a good exposition and similar to what was posted before, but not comprehensible by most CTers, I'm afraid.

admin edit: in keeping with the enhanced civility enforcement measures here at ATS please refrain from calling fellow members' theories "crap" or any other derogatory name. Thank you.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

I tracked the shuttle 24/7 on J-track and when it flew overhead each time it was by itself, except for the fourth pass it was trailing something small, possibly let go of a secret satillite. not once did I see it dock with anything bigger then the ISS.

I am guessing it deployed some new bird for future spying.

J.S.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Here's something to chew on....

www.youtube.come...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangent45
The shuttle makes a roll and the inspection of the acreage tile is carried out from the ISS using digital cameras (Rendezvous Pitch Maneuver (RPNI)). I watched this maneuver when swedish television covered the STS-116 Discovery (December 9-22, 2006) mission with astronaut Fuglesang onboard. The actual inspection only takes a few minutes.

Thanks for that
I will pass it along to John and add that to our site data. Appreciate the input

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tangent45

Hey, Tangent!!

Seems I'm still on Zorgon's 'iggy' list. Pity.

But, off topic, since you live in Sweden, I'm going to be in Stockholm on July 18, arriving on the celebrity Constellation, after a seven-night cruise. Will be two nights in Stockholm, already booked at the Sheraton. Any touristy ideas??

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

As to this topic....hmmmmmm...

seems the concept of 'catching up' with the ISS is better, on this Launch.

Was watching, on the satellite feed....didn't see any 'secret rendezvous' this time. about 48 hours to 'catch up', as promisied, and makes sense, unless we use super - secret anti-gravity propulsion....but, that won't e shown, now....would it???

The other ships, the secret ones, using the other propulsion systems....why do we not see that footage>>>???? Oh....my keboardi s bing tken ovr......ther is nothing to seehere....go and rap your naybor.....

OK, just joking around. No, please do NOT go and rap with your neighbor, that woutld be pointless. Got to school! Study!!!

OK, done here.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
How I understand it is that there is a very narrow window with which to dock with the ISS, something like an hour i think it was. if it is missed on the first try, they have to wait until the next day, or something like that cycle, not sure of the exact time frames and terminology.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join