It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Space Shuttle dock at the Secret Space Station tonight?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

I followed some links off of your link addressing the subject of cloaking technology:

Scientists predict that metamaterials could be of use in military technology, such as in the construction of fighter jets and submarines...

...Dr Guenneau, at the University's Department of Mathematical Science, explains: "The shape and structure of aeroplanes make them ideal objects for cloaking, as they have a fixed structure and movement pattern...
Source | ScienceDaily.com | Cloaking Device? Invisible Technology One Step Closer

And:

Even more tantalizing is the possibility of an optical "invisibility cloak" device that would surround an object and bend light in such a way that it would be perfectly refocused on the opposite side. This would provide perfect invisibility for the object inside the cloak, in a manner similar to the cloaks used by Harry Potter or the Klingons in the old Star Trek television series.

"Of course, anyone inside the cloak would not be able to see out," Atwater says.

"But maybe you could have some small windows," Dionne adds.

Source | ScienceDaily.com | Cloaking Device Breakthrough? Negative Refraction Of Visible Light Demonstrated

Since the military is "at least 50+ years beyond the present understanding of the general public," it's not implausible to presume that they already have this technology and can very effectively hide that which they do not want us to see.

But employing the principle of Ockham's Razor, it's probably something much more mundane, like a fancy paint job and simple misdirection.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
But employing the principle of Ockham's Razor, it's probably something much more mundane, like a fancy paint job and simple misdirection.

You might want to do a sp check. That kh is a c, I'm pretty sure.

Even though an indispensable tool, and very commonly used, much like a screwdriver, screwdrivers cannot be used exclusively on all projects.

Sometimes people use it as a prybar, and it gets the job done that it is not originally made for. This furthers the illusion of the screwdriver being a universal tool.

Case in point:

Back in '97 I wrote a report on an individual who witnessed a pen cap disappear in midair while falling from the edge of a desk. No, the pen cap was falling, not the person. After scouring the small motel room for two weeks, he claims there was a burst of static on the TV and he watched the pen cap reappear before his eyes several feet above a made bed and fall onto the cover.

I still don't have a good explanation, and Occam was no help. I feel a little closer to understanding what happened, but the reality is the cause may remain far more elusive than we can wrap our little grey brains around. That is because the Universe is far more complex than any idea we have of Her.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Shackleton was a VP at Enron. There is a conspiracy there, it deals with manipulating the energy markets though.
It would be a hoot to find one of those leaning Es on the moon.

Yup I know I stumbled upon a coincidence here... but with all the fuss surrounding Enron etc and the fact that HE3 is the energy of the future... well I sure HOPE Enron is not mixed up in it... but your right that would be something.

They would certainly be a prime candidate where energy is concerned... the Oil Barons of Today become the Helium Barons of Tomorrow (phrase copyrighted
)

I will see if I can track HH Schmitt and Inter Luna Inter Mars Inc, the Boeing 'space gas stations' and Enron and see what shakes loose... Somebody has to know where this HE3 is going

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I don't get where this thread has gone. And to think I got busted for being off topic....in this very forum no less.....

Okay lets try to help you

Cloaking tech goes to HOW they could hide a secret space station...

Standing up Cadres of Space Ready Officers with 264 Navy space billets and ARMY astronaut corp in JSC goes to personel for secret space stations

Tracking cargo shipments and other ISS 'traffic' goes to establishing that there is more cargo just mentioned in public sources than can be accounted for for just the ISS so it must go somewhere... most likely to secret space stations...

Tracking Enron and other HE3 related links goes back to the Aquila cargo transports that go between Earth LEO and the Moon (and possibly Mars) goes to there must be a secret space station to handle this traffic...

Since we don't have someone in the DoD kindly providing us with documents on these secret space stations, we have to hunt for clues wherever we can

But its all on topic...

Hope that clears it up for you

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Just to be a wag, I chose to use the "old school" spelling:

William of Ockham (also Occam or any of several other spellings, IPA: /ˈɒkəm/) (c. 1288 - c. 1348) was an English Franciscan friar and scholastic philosopher, from Ockham, a small village in Surrey, near East Horsley. He is considered, along with Thomas Aquinas and Duns Scotus, one of the major figures of medieval thought and found himself at the center of the major intellectual and political controversies of the fourteenth century. Although commonly known for Ockham's Razor, the methodological procedure that bears his name, William of Ockham also produced significant works on logic, physics, and theology.

Source | Wikipedia | William of Ockham

So you see, whether it's spelled "Occam's" or "Ockham's," it makes the "cut" either way!

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Here's a link to a BBC article on the Discovery launch.

BBC News | Shuttle heads for space station

Funny, it doesn't mention when they expect to dock with the ISS.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg...it makes the "cut" either way!

Well, well, looky there, I learned something new!

I want you to file that story. Later on we may need it.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
John, Zorgon and everyone...Thank you for your effort, your hard work, and humor. While working on my post-grad degree years back I remember "avoiding" work on the thesis and spending time reading about aviation and space stuff, and running accross something from Boeing regarding research into a commercial aircraft that would use anti-gravity and exotic form of propultion. Now if my memory serves me right, the information was from Boeing's website...Years later I have heard nothing about the project, and was wondering how they got away with publicizing something like this in the first place given how hard the powers that be have worked to keep this technology hidden. I was wondering if either of you two knew anything about this? And I have a question for ITF and anyone else with an interest in debunking all of this...so when the moon bases grow and it becomes significantly populated (and Mars for that matter as well) you know, beyond the smaller amounts of personell there now (who would consume beyond 5 tons of fresh fruits and vegetables from earth each month until we are able to repair or build those large bio domes) will the people get universal health coverage there, or will they have to do hard labor in the mines to earn the money to pay cash or buy insurance?

Between all of this stuff on here, and associated internet sites, and Hoagland's new book Dark Mission I'm finding it hard to want to go to sleep. Please keep up the good work, and don't mind the debunkers...some of them stand out like a sore thumb...kind of like the union-buster consultants do when they go on and start posting on a business blog at a company on the cusp of a strike! (ie: they are tend to be the only ones who are left defending the company line and it really stands out...for more on that read "Confessions of a Union Buster by Jay Levitt -- but I digress!) Good work guys!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow Please keep up the good work,...

Thank you skyshow.

Work also progresses hidden from view. It is my portion to slog through so much math my head hurts. But there is a revolution coming, when the people will take to the stars en mass...

This material, the theories that will bring this new state of affairs about, represents a revolution of the first kind in science. For the time being it is restricted to peer review and not open to debunking, not to preserve any state secrets or proprietorial information as it is to allow uninterrupted access to those well versed in the art.

We just want to make damn sure.

And the people behind it are cracked just enough to let the light in. Many thanks to them for their long suffering, contra omnia discrimina.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Recently in the shuttle thread someone brought up "cloaking devices" This was said as a joke, a tactic skeptics like to use to hide their ignorance...

Okay so PAY ATTENTION..... CLOAKING is for real...

What I am about to post will cause repercussions I am sure... and there are some on here who will cringe and probably make a few phone calls (you know who you are) The skeptics will bristle and gaffaw...

Army tests James Bond style tank that is 'invisible'
SOURCE

Adaptive Camouflage
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California
Aug 01 2000
[Note: Needs Registration... you may not get accepted...I don't know]

NASA Tech Briefs

I have forwarded both of these to my source and there are already some interesting 'events' triggered by these releases... (mainly due to patent issues)

Imagine for a moment a 'spray' that used nanotech... when you spray this 'paint' onto something, then 'beam' energy at it... the object so protected takes on the surrounding color IE a plane in the sky looks like the sky its flying in...

Imagine for a moment that this 'beam' energy was created when you power up HAARP...

Imagine this 'material' was developed in space...

Yes I know I have quite an imagination...

BUT
Those that KNOW are choking on their coffee right about now...
The Skeptics will call me crazy... but hey they already do that...
But those that want to know will take the hints and do some real digging...

Now here is a little note from the holder of this patent...

I am free to talk about any of my published US Patents which are in the public domain. I am, however, under an edict from DoD under the NSA to 'report any inquiries relative to the 'stealth patent'. I had a phone call from a person who identified himself as an 'Undersectetary of Defense' and the person read a statement to me which I later found was excerpted from the National Security Act, as amended. I was 'ordered' to report any inquiries of any kind, by anyone, to DoD relative to that case (patent). I've only had to do that one time in 20 years when a group of Isreali's, based in Philly, contacted me relative to undertaking collaboration on some 'project' in Haifa. I reported this as instructed and the group 'disappeared' shortly thereafter.

No I will NOT give you the patent number...
No I will NOT give you the name of this person...
(actually those that have followed my posts would have a clue as to who this is
)

I WILL recommend that if you do follow up you heed the above note because now you are tugging at the Tigers Tail, and he is looking back at you with big teeth

"My sources" or some other story covering why they can't present any of us with the REAL facts.

If YOU ever did any REAL research you would understand this... but all you do is come in to threads like this and toss around the T&C's (wondering if you actually read them
)

With posts like this, would it be fair for me to start posting about the five story, purple giraffe living in my back yard? Y'know- He's behind the fake moon landing.

That would be posting deliberate false information. Posting info from a confidential source is not false information... News reporter protect their sources as well and have gone to jail in that support, so stop being so childish and ignorant. When the DoD come visit your house, you will understand...

I'm for disclosure as much as everyone else on this board- But, where are the facts?

Are you really? Then tell me what have YOU done to find out any facts? Have you called NASA, or the DoD and asked them questions? Have you ever once filed even ONE Freedom of Information Act request form? Just how much DO you want disclosure? Are you willing to cross the line and look into Military websites in the not so easy to access (though still public) sites where they track who you are?

If you can answer yes to any one of these then I may believe your statement... otherwise you are just a hypocrite demanding others do the work and take the risks...

NOTE: The above statement is not directed at any one person... just a generic YOU if the shoe fits... and there are many in here with the same shoe size..

Continued.... stay tuned for Part Two

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This is a note directed at Gridkeeper specifically (I know you are out there LOL) and I will expect your U2U....

To our followers I promised I would start showing the 'list'

But as to the rest... this is one of my sources, one who has come forward before and does not mind his name mentioned...

To me and John personally, I can honestly say I was humbled by this contact...

I saw the following picture of the International Space Station taken by
a ground observer which I thought might be useful to add and compare to
the photos you have posted on the secret military space station:

Your web site is fabulous. Give my regards to John Lear. Thanks.

Russ Hamerly, PMP
Senior Project Manager
Boeing IT Services
Work (425) XXX-XXXX

Russ did not take the picture... it was presented to us with this additional note...

You could quote my name as finding and forwarding the image, but be clear that I did not take it. And here's an idea - get the fellow who took the pictures of the secret military space station that you have on your web site to talk to the person who took this one and tell him where to look - he may be able to come up with a comparable photo of the military one.

If you wish to know more about this gentleman you can visit here.. (second from bottom0
www.stsc.hill.af.mil...

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
John, you meantioned there were photos taken of these stations? If so can you direct me somewhere for those? I'm not doubtful at all but just curious. You also talked about bases on Mars and the Moon, could you request some material on it?

Thank

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devastator7
John, you mentioned there were photos taken of these stations?

www.thelivingmoon.com...
Compare the images to those of the ISS posted above

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Reason given when an ATS member inquired as to why, was that the forum does not tolerate anything to do with UFO's...

He did not have to mention UFOs in on the NASA forum, as he was already all over a bunch of forums parading his photo(s) as UFO's. There is little doubt that the moderators of the NASA forums browse many different space related websites, so knew his game. When they saw his pictures, they knew that a troll was in their midst, knew his game, and knew what he was up to. That's my guess.

However, the picture he does have indeed looks like the ISS, blurred out and ran through some filters. If, and I mean IF, there was a secret space station up there it would not be visible to the naked eye, nor to anything in the infrared range, so I don't think it is that.

I suppose one could look for it using several different spectrums and come up with something (if it's there, which it's not) however, an amateur astronomer can't do this, and if he was exposed to such imagery without training he would pick out all sorts of different things and call them UFOs, just because he wouldn't know what he is looking at.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

[edit on 5-11-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If the Space Shuttle docked with a secret space station, don't you think you could see it with a telescope?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Originally posted by yellowcard

If the Space Shuttle docked with a secret space station, don't you think you could see it with a telescope?

Thanks for post yellowcard. Probably not. Part of secret techonolgy is the magic with which they keep it secret. A very simple way to cloak the Space shuttle on a Secret Space Station would be net or cloth or other material spread out and positioned so that it would be impossible to see the Shuttle from earth.

I am sure they have other, more ingenious ways of hiding the Shuttle.

NAZA has been in the business of hiding stuff from the American public for almost 50 years (since 1958) so they should be pretty good at it by now.

One of the great things about ATS is that we can figure out how they hide stuff without having to sign or take an oath of secrecy.

That is, of course, if we can get past those blocking the way with supposed scientific 'facts'.

Thanks for the post yellowcard.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

A very simple way to cloak the Space shuttle on a Secret Space Station would be net or cloth or other material spread out and positioned so that it would be impossible to see the Shuttle from earth.

I find this very interesting and not out of the realm of possibility or plausibility.
Could something akin to a dish opening up in space or solar panels deploying be reconfigured to mask or hide any object wishing to go undiscovered?Basically a black "sheet(s)".Camo in Space is what you're suggesting?
The advantage would be only having to cover the area exposed to view.Any anomalies in photos on this subject?
I'm not well versed in particular objects in space and their reaction to that environment, but I am learning....or at least trying.
These questions are posed to anyone and not restricted to John.
Forgive my newbieness (is that a word?) to this subject, but I have a serious desire to learn more on this.
Peace

[edit on 15-11-2007 by citizen truth]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think after 30 something pages and no progress, it makes sense to move this debate forward in a constructive, on topic manner.

First, I would propose the end of debating whether a secret space station is technically and mechanically possible. It is. I know that most of of "debunkers" and "skeptics", if we were true to ourselves, would acknowledge this. However, possible and probable are two different things all together.

Perhaps we should get over discussing the hurdles of the mechanics and focus on the who, why and how questions.

Why have a secret manned space station?
What tasks do they do that can't be automated with greater accuracy?
Who built it (the ISS is a HUGE international operation)?
Who manages it?
Where does the money come from?
How many people would have to be "in the know" to support such a thing, and could secrecy with that many people be maintained?

The list goes on, but you get the idea. Let's stop all this technical bs, yes, it's possible. There, done with that. Now lets move on to the things that will shed a harsher light on this absurd conspiracy idea.

To ignore this line of thought is irresponsible.

[edit on 16-11-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
How many people would have to be "in the know" to support such a thing, and could secrecy with that many people be maintained?

I think right there is where the entire idea takes a nosedive. Thousands of people, over a time span claimed to be roughly 40 years, considering the secret space activities described by Mr. Lear? I think that kind of secrecy is beyond the realm of possibility. Not a single deathbed confession? Disgruntled ex-employee? No accidental viewings of launches. I've seen the shuttle launch, from completely across the state of Florida. It is not a particularly stealthy operation.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well, the problem with using this kind of logic in this forum is Lear can sidestep it. There's nothing he doesn't believe in. You say it's hard to mask shuttle launches, then he just cries about using the "anti gravity" drives on secret transports to get up there, lol.

We can claim that other countries would "out us" but then he claims that the cold war is manufactured, lol.

It would seem that he has a conspiracy that allows him to believe and post anything, no matter how stupid it is. Whenever you stand a chance of stumbling him with logic, he goes off into fantasy world and runs away....

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join