It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Space Shuttle dock at the Secret Space Station tonight?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Originally posted by yfxxx
Again, an electromagnetic field doesn't reflect or redirect light. Therefore this is nonsense.

Where do you so called scientists get off making these kind of intentionally misleading statements, whether partly or in full? Surely you have heard of phase conjugation and interferometry? Static and magnetic fields are components of an electromagnetic "field", an electromagnetic "field" is actually a wave that behaves the same as all waves do according to the laws of hydrodynamics.

If Z does not have the vocabulary it does not excuse you from being able to infer meaning based on your more expansive knowledge base.

What Zorgon described were static fields (either magnetic or electric). Those static fields don't reflect or bend light. Period. And BTW, can I interpret "Z does not have the vocabulary" as "Z doesn't know what he is talking about"?

E.g., in his opening "example", he said:

Originally posted by Zorgon
So say for a moment that the ball contained a small generator that produced a powerful magnetic field on the ball...

When he says magnetic field, I must assume he means magnetic field. And in that case, his conclusion ...

Now the light reflected off me is bent around this field and you see me...

... is simply not true.

And in one of his other paragraphs, he talks about (electric) charging - that means static electric fields!

I only wanted to make clear that the notion that static magnetic and/or electric fields bend light is incorrect.

Regards
yf

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by yfxxx

This is dishonest, or you are just unaware of all the facts.

Google the term, "Delbrück scattering". Much of the literature states that the effect is almost unmeasureable due to low quantity of effect. However, knowing that you can split a photon into an electron/positron pair creates some interesting possibilities.

Not to mention that "elementary" particles are supposed to be elementary. I guess we are finding this to be untrue, too:

www.newscientist.com...

So, with that being discovered...do "scientists" or scientists care to cling to their pedestals of contemptuous laughter?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by yfxxx

Actually this is a very good reply and is worthy some serious attention. The answers I want to give go beyond standard textbook fare, so it will take me a little while to draft my response.

BFFT please stand down for the moment, yfxxx has made his position clear and is approaching the subject in the spirit of investigation. I have had half a day to think about it, and I can see this is the case.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
There are three human space stations around the world. One is the ISS, the second is the secret military one and the third is the alien/human alliance against humanity's verson.

The military station is up their to watch what is going on and the alien/human alliance is using the station as a 'transponder' as well as a lookout post.

Wow, you must be tied into, and privy to some information that the rest of us do not yet regard as fact. Please, shed some light on your lofty position in life that allows to make such assertions as fact.

This information would be available to you and almost anybody else that really wants it but I think your disbelief would get the best of you.

The consortium station has the highest orbit while the ISS has a regular orbit and the military station has a low orbit.

Also in orbit around the earth is several 3d mapping satellites with myriad sensors and detectors. They are matte black and look like a railway tanker car without wheels.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

The point I wish to present is that it is possible, however improbable.

To be honest, when you start talking cloaking, i start thinking in terms of movement transdimensionally. To use a statement I heard from I believe Dan Burisch "they move away from time". Yeah, Burisch seems somewhat quacky, but in the back of my mind i keep hearing myself saying "the truth is far wierder than what we imagine". So, having said that...

would it not seem that the same shimmer and fuzziness could be achieved with the movement "away" from our reality? As movement is made into another "dimension" (i use that term in the classical sense of "direction", if you will) and becomes less visible to this one, would it not stand to reason we would see some visual distortion?

The EM effect that Z postulates would seem to be at play here when considering the amount of power needed to achieve such a feat. It would seem to be a feature of highly charged EM field, if you believe the Philadelphia Experiment story. Perhaps the ambient energy creates a situation where a locale can be "tuned" differently?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by yfxxx

This is dishonest, or you are just unaware of all the facts.

Google the term, "Delbrück scattering". Much of the literature states that the effect is almost unmeasureable due to low quantity of effect. However, knowing that you can split a photon into an electron/positron pair creates some interesting possibilities.

Duh! Such QED (Quantum Electro Dynamics) effects like Delbrück Scattering is exactly what I meant in my "Disclaimer". You get all kinds of really interesting effects at very high energies (strong fields and/or high-energy gamma photons), but as I also said in the disclaimer, magnetic field strenghts have to be really high to get any appreciable effect (let alone one which would be relevant for Zorgon's proposed "cloaking" scheme).

Regards
yf

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Duh! Such QED (Quantum Electro Dynamics) effects like Delbrück Scattering is exactly what I meant in my "Disclaimer". You get all kinds of really interesting effects at very high energies (strong fields and/or high-energy gamma photons), but as I also said in the disclaimer, magnetic field strenghts have to be really high to get any appreciable effect (let alone one which would be relevant for Zorgon's proposed "cloaking" scheme).

Regards
yf

A bit off topic, but a russian physicist found a wormhole that can generate its own exotic matter. This was one of the contingencies regarding wormhole usage -- keeping the throat open wide enough and long enough to allow passage, would require obscene amounts of exotic matter. This wormhole, generates its own. Whether it got beyond theoretical or not, I don't know but if he's right (it violates null energy condition but there are examples where the null energy condition can be violated) this is an example of obtaining large amounts of energy for seemingly free, all internally generated.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by undo]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by denythestatusquo

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
"There are three human space stations around the world. One is the ISS, the second is the secret military one and the third is the alien/human alliance against humanity's verson. "

You wera asked to provide proof of your claims. You replied with ridicule.
Therefore we must all assume you have no proof at all and it was all makebelieve
Case Closed.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
A bit off topic, but a russian physicist found a wormhole that can generate its own exotic matter.

Off-topic indeed
, but just in case anyone wants to read up on what you're talking about: The russian physicist was Sergei Krasnikov - hack his name and "wormhole" into google, and off you go

Whether it got beyond theoretical or not, I don't know

I admit I don't even know if he (or others) could at least nail down the theory for good. His original publication was a bit incomplete in that respect (e.g. it didn't have enough data to tell if his hole would be actually traversable for "normal" matter, or if, say, spacetime is too much "warped" so that atoms are torn apart).

but if he's right (it violates null energy condition but there are examples where the null energy condition can be violated) this is an example of obtaining large amounts of energy for seemingly free, all internally generated.

I don't think his wormhole would generate "free energy" (for external use) by itself. But if you have a stable traversable wormhole at your disposition, all your energy worries are effectively over anyway
. Just park the far end in a close orbit around your local star, and extract all the sunshine you need from your end of the 'hole

Regards
yf

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by yfxxx

Even better, park one end on a tether in the ionosphere and hang the other end out of the earth end. A steady flow of electrons!!!

yfxxx...i understand the need for vast amounts of energy. However, this is current understanding and not fact. 10 years ago current understanding labeled the electron and photon as indivisible. Go figure, huh?

When i was a child, dinosaurs were said to have died off from the superpredator theory (yeah, they always blame T-Rex).

And lets not forget the concept of "Spontaneous Generation" that prevailed through much of mans history as the causative force of maggot creation. And to think, they believe maggots just formed randomly in meat, yet still at loads of meat. YUCK.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi Zorgon, all the John Lenard Walson photos are stills from these videos.

www.abovespaceandtime.blip.tv...
www.abovespaceandtime.blip.tv

Gridkeeper.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
I'm gonna try to avoid saying anything else on the topic.

Zorgon? Where are ya with the black ships!?

SHHHHH In deep negotiations for facts...

And actually working
Its our busy season from now till the end of November...

But we are finding some really interesting stuff. But I will post something tomorrow after work to keep the subject away from body parts

But in the meantime...

Even more "robot cargo ships" Dang I would hate to have the job of space traffic controller... all those pilot less ships and having to avoid tons of space debris, secret weapons platforms and other things not on the charts... it must be a nightmare...

Perhaps THIS black box will help...

Russian cosmonaut Sergei Krikalev next to the Proximity Communication Equipment (PCE) on board the International Space Station (ISS) in June 2005. The PCE is an essential piece of equipment for rendezvous communications during the approach of Europe's Automated Transfer Vehicle (ATV). The first ATV, called Jules Verne, is due for launch in 2008.

Credits: NASA

Betcha you won't pick up these transmissions on NASA TV

You know we really need to write congress... all these American and European companies and agencies buying and using that assembly line Progress ship...

While we shell out billions in Taxes to support NASA, the Russians are taking capitalism to heart and are going to corner the world market for Space Cargo...

If you get nothing else from this thread... THAT should be of concern

[edit on 11-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo They are matte black and look like a railway tanker car without wheels.

Hmmmm very interesting... I assume you mean kinda round... and long...

Lemme see... maybe something like this?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan It would seem to be a feature of highly charged EM field, if you believe the Philadelphia Experiment story. Perhaps the ambient energy creates a situation where a locale can be "tuned" differently?

Why Mr Furry... how profound of you...

Perhaps I shall forward you a little note I got that I would like your opinion on..

Yup my 'vocabulary' is lacking, and perhaps cryptic (or crazy your choice) but seems I am generating results. When I get some time I will put it together more 'correctly'

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yfxxx(let alone one which would be relevant for Zorgon's proposed "cloaking" scheme).

Very nice to have you presenting the main stream science side yfxxx... most refreshing... thank you...

As I said I will expand on it put lets add cloaking method #2... this one is not bad at all and you can do this at home...

Japanese scientist invents 'invisibility coat'

Now this one you simply have a camera behind your object and project that image on the front... very simple but effective

news.bbc.co.uk...

I admit I don't even know if he (or others) could at least nail down the theory for good.

So ummmm is this where I post that disclaimer along with physicist admits to possiblility of wormholes?

[edit on 11-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridkeeper
Hi Zorgon, all the John Lenard Walson photos are stills from these videos.

Thanks for the link... even if it did lock up my computer

Here is the set of stills I have so far..

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
As I said I will expand on it put lets add cloaking method #2... this one is not bad at all and you can do this at home...

... and has nothing to do whatsoever with the "magnetic" method you described.

Looks like one of your standard tactics again
: Post a lot of semi-related stuff, and if it's shot down, don't refer to it again and come up with something new.

So ummmm is this where I post that disclaimer along with physicist admits to possiblility of wormholes?

Huh?? I don't know any physicist who says that wormholes are absolutely and definitely impossible. General Relativity doesn't forbid them at all; the "only" problems are: Quantum Field Theory may forbid them, and it could be impossible to physically create a wormhole-like spacetime metric.

Regards
yf

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by yfxxx

You beat me to it.
Practically an entire page of totally unrelated material, intended to make any unsuspecting reader think the poster has some sort of knowledge of anything. Im still giggling about the picture of Mir being lauched that he named as some 'Lazer ship' or something.
Now surely our bigfatfurryfriend can see that?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Here it is in Black and White for our churlish and snarky giggler of perfidious Albion.

Polyus was designed to operate in orbit for no longer than about a month. Despite the fact that the name Mir-2 was painted on the front, I don't think there was any relation between Polyus and Mir-2 with the possible exception that Mir-2's 100 ton modules shared a common "shell" design. For the sake of clarity, the giant Mir-2 gave way to a much more modest station after the collapse of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s.

Source | [FPSPACE] Buran.Ru news - Polyus vs Mir-2

White shell = Mir

Source | RussionSpaceWeb | Spacecraft: Manned: Mir: Core Module

Source | Wikipedia | Mir Core Module

Source | Wikipedia | Mir Core Module

Black shell = "Mir-2" = Polyus

Source | ИСТОРИЯ СОЗДАНИЯ "ПОЛЮСА"

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well getting information from NASA (now under the DoD) and other government sites is going to get much harder...

SRS Technologies, an IT vendor focused largely on government intelligence agencies, released on Monday a new version of document-cleaning software designed to remove sensitive or potentially embarrassing content hidden in electronic documents

SRS is a recognized leader in the application of systems engineering to a wide array of complex system development programs for both government and industry. We are noted for the application of systems engineering processes to leading edge, advanced system developments in support of organizations such as the DARPA, MDA, DTRA, NRO, DHS, FAA, NASA, and the Army Space and Missile Defense Command.

www.srs.com...

Haven't been able to find out what SRS stands for but Jack offered...
"Surveillance and Reconnaissance for Spooks"

On May 8, 2007 ManTech International Corporation completed the acquisition of SRS Technologies. The combined companies will offer expanded capabilities to their customers. "This acquisition is consistent with ManTech's growth strategy to broaden our footprint in the high-end intelligence, homeland security and defense markets." said George J. Pederson, Chairman and CEO, ManTech International Corporation.

So how is this relevent?

In April 2005, when the Defense Department’s Multi-National Force — Iraq posted a redacted report on the death of Italian secret agent Nicola Calipari in Iraq, a group of Pentagon Web site visitors from Italy could copy and paste the classified portions from Adobe Acrobat Reader from the Web site into a Microsoft Word document, including the name of the U.S. soldier who accidentally killed her.

Last December, Web surfers found out from the posted White House policy document “Strategy for Victory in Iraq” who the report’s author was, causing some embarrassment to the Bush administration.
Sensitive government procurement documents, such as requests for proposals, frequently have tracked changes, comments and other hidden data that could give savvy contractors an unfair advantage. In one case, an incumbent contractor was barred from participating in the new procurement after the electronic document’s metadata revealed it had written the statement of work.

How did these things happen? For years, agencies have taken precautions to secure their physical and electronic repositories of confidential and classified information. But there’s another, often overlooked vulnerability that federal agencies have only recently begun to recognize: hidden electronic data.

www.federaltimes.com...

So finding hidden data and links in public documents... well one more source bites the dust

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join