It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Space Shuttle dock at the Secret Space Station tonight?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

I just wanted to mention that on CNN I heard that you folks spent the last 2 days since you undocked from the ISS inspecting your craft for holes and cracks to be sure of its integrity for reentry and landing.

Now that has to be the most thorough inspection I ever heard off.

Is there not some independent (non-NASA method) of tracking the shuttle's whereabouts? Geez... I mean they're just roamin around our orbit, right?

I really don't know. I figured they were using OnStar or something similar

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
John, since you believe that the government has anti-grav vehicles that have been traveling space for many years now, why would they use the space shuttle to transport cargo? Surely it would be much faster and cheaper to use their anti-grav crafts.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Now I'm not an expert in these things and the theory of a second spacestation sounds pretty logic (I mean if governments have secret basis all over than why wouldn't the nasa... they are also a government agencie)....But wouldn't we notice these secret spacestations with telescopes?

Of course some positions in orbit would be harder to track down than other but still... I mean in orbit around earth is easy to find right?

Juliet

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Folks,
There are a few things wrong with John's theory.

1. The shuttle does not carry a sufficent amount of fuel to perform more than one docking manuever with the ISS or any other station. They can redock, if they are close but there is no way to catch up with two different stations and dock with them both. Unless NASA has a way to refuel the shuttle in orbit, which is pretty much impossible.

2. The astronauts require time to acclimate themselves to the microgravity enviroment. In addition they also require time to prepare themselves to return to earth hence the amount of time to dock and the amount of time to return from the station. You wouldn't want to try to perform a delicate docking manuever while space sick, would you?

Where are the pictures of this secret space station at again? I have not seen them yet and am curious as to what it looks like.

[edit on 22/8/07 by COOL HAND]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by icecap

You are right. There is supposedly a craft at area 51 called the "sport model" saucer. I have heard many talk about it. Al Biel, Phil Schneider are two of the names that come to mind. Oh, George Knapp also. Interesting subject.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
I figured they were using OnStar or something similar

Man oh man I find this THE FUNNIEST THING I have heard of, or read in a while................lol ONSTAR on the shuttle who would a thought!! I think ONSTAR tech is much newer than the shuttles, and if it was installed wouldn't they call it ONEARTH or maybe MILKYWAY NAVAGATOR?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

John during the time of the hurricane it was an opportune time to dock with the secret base! This being a very loop hole filled strategy at best and quite laughable. I am not certain what your personal views are on the subject but I for one think that if you watch the next 18 months it should prove most interesting due to the passing of new equipment from the alien technology centers off world.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I kind of doubt they'd do something so secretive with an outsider (the teacher) aboard.

I would hardly call her an outsider. She was was Christa McAuliffe's backup 21 years ago.

[edit on

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I wanted to extend my heartiest congratualtions to the crew of Endaevor on their safe landing at Kennedy Space Center this morning.

I just wanted to mention that on CNN I heard that you folks spent the last 2 days since you undocked from the ISS inspecting your craft for holes and cracks to be sure of its integrity for reentry and landing.

Congratulations!

Right on couldn't have said it better, and I have had a nervous feeling as well and was with you guys on your reentry. Just glad all went off without a hitch!

shd

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Mr. Lear, I've been quietly reading through ATS for quite a while now. 1 Question though and I hope I dont sound rude towards you. but do you see conspiracy in everything that happens in NASA. I'm sure when they where informed of the damage on the heat tiles they where spending the time to check. Specially when the shuttle isnt exactly the smallest thing in the world and doing a spacewalk in the bulky suits and limited O2 isnt going to make it a 'quick' one day job. Specially when they have to make sure they dont make any damage worse by mistake.

Again i hope i dont sound rude i mean no disrespect.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hello folks my first post here but def not a noob to this stuff, been following the real agenda for over 5 years, i like to think of myself as a expert on a few topics, john been following you for long time, love ya well i dont want to type up a storm so ill give you guys and mr lear a few keywords just so you know ehere i stand in my extensive knowledge, project eyes open,haarp,antartica, late great phil S thanks for the tunnels, stargate wormholes, helium3, joe resnik, frequency/mind control, organic quantum computers well thats all for now, i plan on becoming active here on ats and make an impact shouts to my dear friend SCP those will know what i mean if you know him, i'm glad to answer any questions anyone has maybe i can help since i have extensive knowledge in alil of area, forgive my spelling somtimes i dont care to spell correctly because the purpose of communication is that you get what im saying.....so to spell their or there is not big deal....good luck with all your garage efforts! killuminati

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hi Killuminati, that's an interesting post to say the least, I look forward to your contributions.
However a quick browse of your profile says that this is actually your fourth post here, not your first, sorry I tend to be quite pedantic like that. Anyway, welcome and good luck.

[removed quote of entire previous post]
Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I too wondered about that! then I thought, heck! if they can make a conventional aircraft that is 'invisible to radar' and has a low profile, non reflective surface, that was originated back in the '60's - 70's' then okay, they can probably can do it up in space.
(sorry for the long sentence-you should hear me speak!! 400 words a minute!)
To be the master of your domain, you should employ unseen ears, unseen eyes and total silence.
(but we all still need to eat, don't we?)

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Folks,
There are a few things wrong with John's theory.

1. The shuttle does not carry a sufficent amount of fuel to perform more than one docking manuever with the ISS or any other station. They can redock, if they are close but there is no way to catch up with two different stations and dock with them both. Unless NASA has a way to refuel the shuttle in orbit, which is pretty much impossible.

Hi cool hand,

Perhaps the shuttle has an auxilary Electrostatic drive as The B2 Bomber is rumoured to have :

www.seaspower.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There are those, Mr Lear, who might temper your suspicion about the length of time taken over checks to the integrity of the space shuttle with a reminder that a damaged space shuttle blew up on reentry really not that long ago...and all on board were killed. Perhaps they could have used a lengthy check to the hull then, too.

Don't know if that's got anything to do with it, but I suppose you might argue that it's funny how every shuttle launch seems to cause damage that delays the return to earth these days. Almost as if there was actually nothing wrong and they were just buying time.

However, if I were on board and I thought there might be something wrong, I'm pretty sure I'd be checking every inch of that thing a few times, even if it did take me all day!

LW

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecap
John, since you believe that the government has anti-grav vehicles that have been traveling space for many years now, why would they use the space shuttle to transport cargo? Surely it would be much faster and cheaper to use their anti-grav crafts.

ANSWER:

Anti-Grav saucers are tiny. They are almost like pods. No room for cargo.

In the last shuttle mission, I think Atlantis took about 2 days to dock and un-dock also. Maybe the delay was for the inspection. It was not too bad and it was not a concern they said. They said that there were past shuttle with worse damage that made it. Sounds fishy....why did Columbia explode? They supposedly didn't notice any damage at all.

If there is one space station, there could be 2. Perhaps the old russian MIR is the new "secret station" If it's not MIR and a separate one, who built it? Soyuz capsules going up without our notice?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon

I too wondered about that! then I thought, heck! if they can make a conventional aircraft that is 'invisible to radar' and has a low profile, non reflective surface, that was originated back in the '60's - 70's' then okay, they can probably can do it up in space.

I have no doubt that NASA has the capabilities to maintain a second space station that could be very well hidden (How and Why would make an interesting thread in itself). What I'm trying to figure out is how an official STS mission could slink off from the well-known station and and go visit a secret space station without too many people finding out. The shuttles are reflective and viewable from earth most hours of the night (during the summer months) and it's orbits are well publicized and tracked by a lot of amateurs.

One of the more popular, non-NASA sites for this is:

www.heavens-above.com...

NASA releases initial coordinates for each STS mission and these sites have programs that predict and display the orbital paths for earth-bound viewers to go outside and have a look when it passes by.

Now, I suppose there "could" be some windows of opportunity for the shuttle to veer off these predictable orbits and hook up with a second space station. But, that would seem to be pretty a difficult and risky thing to pull-off and get back on the predictable path without someone noticing.

If they really wanted to connect up to a secret space station, NASA would probably just announce that they were performing repairs on a military sattelite. No questions asked... national security.

I did think this warning on the front page of one of the tracking sites was kind of interesting.

www.space-track.org...

Due to existing National Security Restrictions pertaining to access of and use of U.S. Government-provided information and data, all users accessing this web site must be an approved registered user to access data on this site

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This thread is total nonsense.

The shuttle has to launch within a very precise window to dock with the space station. This is because once they have MECO, they do not restart the main engines again. When the shuttle enters orbit it does so at a lower altitude, it requires speed and time to achieve a higher orbit. This is done by allowing the inertia of the shuttle to swing it out into a wider/further orbit, and may take several orbits around the earth to reach. So the shuttle orbit inserts behind the space station at a greater velocity and lower altitude, and it takes the shuttle time to catch up with, achieve a high enough orbit, and dock with the space station.

On leaving the station the shuttle begins making OMS burns to lower its orbit and slow down for reentry. Reentry must be done at a precise time to allow the shuttle to be in alignment with whichever landing field they choose to use. This sometimes requires the shuttle to make extra orbits around the earth depending on weather conditions at either landing site.

The shuttle is not the Millennium Falcon or the Star Ship Enterprise, which can zip around in orbit at will.
You need to spend less time watching Sci-Fi movies john.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

That was kind of ironic, don't you think? They could have used on star to get that gouge repaired, but hey, times are tough and everybody's cutting back...lol

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Here John, perhaps you can figure out when thy had time to dock with this non-existent space station on these timelines:

Master Flight Plan
Countdown Timeline
Ascent Timeline
Ascent Data
Docking Timeline

Everything the Shuttle does is public knowledge, unless it is used specifically for a top-secret military project. It has done Air force projects several times in the past, and there was no big secret made about the fact that at those times it was on military missions. That is besides the fact that normal HAM radio guys can monitor the stuff coming from the shuttle the same as Nasa can. As to your secret space station, exactly how do they keep it hidden from us on the ground, space stations, and even satellites, are visible to the naked eye when they fly over.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join