It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Space Shuttle dock at the Secret Space Station tonight?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher

John is friends with Dr. Resnik. John probably was smoking a joint on the moon when you were watching Star Trek. The space shuttle is automatic. Its guidance system does everything. After all the book smart astronauts get it all memorized, I can probablly memorize the sequence of pushing buttons myself. The shuttle flies itself.

You haven't smoked a joint until you've smoked a joint from the farside. Primo, Primo, Primo!!!

OK, the Shuttle docks itself? Well that explains everything. Now we have 7 astronauts eating fruits and veggies. I can see that quarter of a ton disappear in a heartbeat.

jra

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by jra
Just how much fuel and cargo do you think the Shuttle can carry? Why the need for shuffling all this cargo around?

As a side note... the Russian Shuttle carried four times what ours could... 100 tons..

You mean 100 tons of cargo? I think not. The Buran could only carry 30,000kg compaired to the Shuttles 25,000kg. You are confusing the Energia booster with the Buran. The Energia booster, which the Buran is attached to, could be used independently to launch payloads into orbit.

www.buran-energia.com...

Both the Buran and Energia booster were great pieces of hardware. It's really sad that they died along with the USSR.

And it doesn't need any pilots...

Yes it had a great auto-pilot, one of the many reasons why I like the Buran more than the Shuttle. But that's the advantage you get when you take a design and improve upon it.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
John when I was a kid I did the shuttle simulator thing. I thought it would be a lot of fun, like flying a plane, unfortunate its not. I had the pilot position, and I can tell you exactly what that entailed to this day because the few things that I actually did were about the only excitement that there was to it. That is exactly the actual way it is too, there are books out there which show the procedures right down to which switch you throw at what time. The majority of the time you spend looking at gauges, following the timed flight plan and waiting for your next chance to throw a switch or say something. NASA is obsessed with following and double checking checklists, its just the way they are. They even require that the flight engineer sits in the area between and behind the pilots and is also involved in the process. Not that they do anything, they simply regurgitate and triple check what is being done in the two front seats.

Since you cannot answer my above question, I guess ill give you a slightly simplified answer (simply because I don’t want to type the entire thing out):

T-0:06:00 APU Prestart:
Panel R2: 3X APU FUEL TK VLV to Closed
Panel R2: 2X APU FUEL PUMP to Off
Panel R2: 3X APU CNTLR PWR switches to On
Panel R2: HYD CIRC PUMP to GPC
Panel R2: APU Auto Shut Down to ENA
Panel R2: APU Speed Select to Norm
Panel R2: APU Control to Off
Panel R2: HYD MAIN PUMP PRESS to LO

T-0:05:00
Panel R2: APU Fuel TK VLV to Open
Panel R2: APU CONTROL 1 to Start/Run
Panel R2: HYD MAIN PUMP PRESS to Norm
Panel F8: Check Hydrolic Pressure 1 indicator is HI Green.

Repeat for APU’s 2 and 3

Panel R2 is located under the pilots right arm, and the pilot does this procedure. Panel F8 is the one directly in front of the pilot.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
DHR got banned. She wants you to put in a good word for her so she can come back. I'd put in the good word but I am always just on the edge of getting banned myself. Thanks.

You and me both brother.

Thanks for the info though. It appears that her cohort got a nice GI for the effort though.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here is did a search on panel R2, guess what I found:

NASA page on shuttle APU System
I was hoping I could find a schematic of the actual panels, like I have sitting here on my desk, but there isn’t one online that I can find and mine are too big to scan.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
You mean 100 tons of cargo? I think not. The Buran could only carry 30,000kg compaired to the Shuttles 25,000kg. You are confusing the Energia booster with the Buran.

Possibly I just rechecked seems there are conflicting sources on that. I will look some more, but you could be right on this one...

But I have film footage of several of them landing at different fields

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Hey!! You promised to look at the dust clouds remember?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Hey!! You promised to look at the dust clouds remember?

Yes, ill have to dig it back up in this thread. There were a couple of pages I think I might have missed.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Originally posted by defcon5

They even require that the flight engineer sits in the area between and behind the pilots and is also involved in the process. Not that they do anything, they simply regurgitate and triple check what is being done in the two front seats.

It make one wonder how you think it is done in other three man cockpits?

Since you cannot answer my above question, I guess ill give you a slightly simplified answer (simply because I don’t want to type the entire thing out):

Thanks Defcon for taking the time to type out the auxiliary power unit starting checklist. It is most informative and I am sure many on this thread will be thrilled to know you actually helped perform the checklist yourself in a simulator.

Panel R2 is located under the pilots right arm, and the pilot does this procedure. Panel F8 is the one directly in front of the pilot.

I am delighted to read this information Defcon particuarly the fact that R2 is located under the pilots arm.

Thanks for your time and thoughtfulness.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

Well john, you want to come off as the consummate expert in space flight based on your piloting experience. These should have been no-brainers for you. Considering that you yourself spent many years as a simulator pilot you should understand that a great deal can be learned from spending some time in one, even if its only a very short period. My point was that other then at take off and landing much of the time is spent doing checklists, maintenance, experiments, and setting thing up. Most of the piloting that is done in space is simply typing numbers into the computer on panel C2, which controls the OMS burns. In the sim the only time that the simulators attitude hydraulics where turned on and any real piloting was done was at launch and landing.

As to your fruit; fruit is extremely important in space flight. The Zero Gravity leaches vitamins from your body and causes various bone, and muscle loss issues. That is why in extended space flight the crew is required to replenish those vitamins and to exercise.

Anyways, there is no need for you to get mad, simply shock us all with your knowledge when a question like this comes up…

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

So while you so busy trying to brush everything off maybe you could answer the dust dispersion on the Smart-1 image I posted a few pages back? Seems no one else has taken a shot at that yet...

I still cannot find this image your speaking of, I have been through the thread multiple times now, including with the search function. Please just link it here so I can see what you’re talking about.

Of course it does not help that half you’re image links are now external ones.

[edit on 9/3/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
It make one wonder how you think it is done in other three man cockpits?

About like this:

The three crew couches were constructed from hollow steel tubing and covered in a heavy, fireproof cloth, known as Armalon. The leg pans of the two outer couches could be folded in a variety of positions, while the hip pan of the center couch can be disconnected and laid on the aft bulkhead. One rotational and one translation hand controller was installed on the armrests of the commander’s couch. The LM pilot and CM pilot couches had rotational controllers only. The couches rested on eight shock attenuation struts to ease the impact of splashdown.
There are a total of six equipment bays in the cabin:

• The lower equipment bay, which houses the guidance and control telescope, various communications beacons, the SCS gyro assemblies, the command module computer, medical stores, the audio center, the S-band power amplifier, etc.
• The left-hand forward equipment bay, containing four food storage compartments, the cabin heat exchanger, pressure suit connector, potable water supply, and G&N telescope eyepieces.
• The right-hand forward equipment bay, housing two survival kit containers, a data card kit, flight data books and files, and other mission documentation.
• The left hand intermediate equipment bay, housing the oxygen surge tank, the water delivery system, food supplies, the cabin pressure relief valve controls, and the ECS package.
• The right hand intermediate equipment bay, which contained the bio instrument kits, the waste management system, food and sanitary supplies, and a waste storage compartment.
• The aft storage, compartment, behind the crew couches. This housed the 70 mm camera equipment, the astronaut’s garments, tool sets, storage bags, a fire extinguisher, CO2 absorbers, sleep restraint ropes, spacesuit maintenance kits, the 16mm camera equipment, and the contingency lunar sample container.

The Flight Commander would sit in the middle with the CM pilot on one side and the LEM pilot on the other. However, To my knowledge the Apollo’s don’t require an APU though as they don’t have control surfaces, or landing gear. The Apollo’s ran off of battery power.

jra

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Possibly I just rechecked seems there are conflicting sources on that. I will look some more, but you could be right on this one...

Trust me, the Buran can not carry 100t of cargo. The Buran doesn't even weigh 100t itself. Check out that link I provided. Lots of good information on the Buran, Energia and other related projects.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Trust me, the Buran can not carry 100t of cargo.

You are correct JRA

Buran
Therefore a straight aerodynamic copy of the US space shuttle, was selected as the orbiter configuration on 11 June 1976. MiG was selected as subcontractor to build the orbiter. For this purpose MiG spun off a new design bureau, Molniya, with G E Lozino-Lozinskiy as chief designer. Wind tunnel tests were conducted on a wide range of possible arrangements of rocket stages and orbiter positions. In the end, Buran was moved to the lateral position, as with the US space shuttle. The main engines, for the reasons given earlier, remained in the core vehicle. The liquid boosters were retained, but reduced to four in number. After being re-stressed for the lateral launch loads, the resulting Energia launch vehicle had half the lift-off mass and payload of the Vulkan. This was sufficient to carry the Buran with its required internal payload of 30 metric tons.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

As to your fruit; fruit is extremely important in space flight. The Zero Gravity leaches vitamins from your body and causes various bone, and muscle loss issues. That is why in extended space flight the crew is required to replenish those vitamins and to exercise.

So it is your contention then that three guys on the ISS would consume 241 kg (531.3086 pounds) of fresh fruits and vegetables in just a few days before it rots as NASA says... "The on-orbit shelf life is two to three days for most fresh fruit and vegetable items because there is no refrigeration."

That's an amazing feat! Must be a Guiness record!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I still cannot find this image your speaking of, I have been through the thread multiple times now, including with the search function. Please just link it here so I can see what you’re talking about.

Oops sorry missed this one... Sure no problem

BTW I really have to commend you and JRA You have been filling so many pages with standard issue fact sheets on existing old spacecraft that can be found in any text book, wikipedia or website...

Great info to be sure, but I don't really see what it has to do with secret space stations or Lunar cargo transports that carry "lunar generated liquids" to LEO

I suppose endless re hashing of old data is one way to bury a thread

[edit on 4-9-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Oops sorry missed this one... Sure no problem

Well I guess that would be why no one answered your question about that one then…

As to the website it came from:

Whoever runs “the living moon” website is a Class 1 Grade A Moron. What type of admin thinks it’s funny to redirect any incorrect URL to the FBI home page? I bet the FBI would not find it very amusing that there bandwidth is being wasted in such a fashion.

As to the photo itself:

I have no idea what that photo is of without some background information. It looks like dust being ejected from something, but gawd only knows what or why since its on a black background. If its from the moon then my first impression would be ejecta from a meteor impact.

BTW I really have to commend you and JRA You have been filling so many pages with standard issue fact sheets on existing old spacecraft that can be found in any text book, wikipedia or website.

Each instance is in response to a question posed to us first. The reality of this thread is very simple actually. JRA and myself are using known science to show how things work, while you and John are using speculation. Speculation is great, but it is pointless as there is ZERO proof to back it up. I might as well say that I believe that one of these is up there in orbit:

Look there is even a schematic, so it must be real:

I am pretty darn certain that a patent and/or trademark of this is held by George Lucas, if I had the patience to deal with the US patent office database system.

Does this mean its real too then?

[edit on 9/4/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
defcon5,

Listen, you've been claiming you were giving the facts and nothing but the facts and that everyone else that disagrees with you is giving no facts at all. I'm afraid your position is the untenable one. Firstly, because there have been plenty of facts, none of which required a blueprint of a fictitious starship. Folks can read between the lines. Your behavior is very incriminating. We're a pretty savvy crowd.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
There’s a shocker, another writer from the livingmoon.com heard from.

Originally posted by undo
Listen, you've been claiming you were giving the facts and nothing but the facts and that everyone else that disagrees with you is giving no facts at all.

Please show me where I have given anything less then facts, with the exception of where I was intentionally being sarcastic?

Firstly, because there have been plenty of facts, none of which required a blueprint of a fictitious starship.

My spaceship is every bit as real as any of the, never been produced, concept drawings, that have been shown in this thread so far.

Folks can read between the lines. Your behavior is very incriminating. We're a pretty savvy crowd.

What crowd?
Out of everyone I have discussed this with in chat, not a single one says that you’re claim holds a drop of water. Out of the several U2U’s I have received about this thread, not a single one says that they agree with your position. Out of all the astronomy guys who replied to me, not a single one thinks I should even bother with trying to explain the reality to your group.

So who exactly is agreeing with this theory anymore besides the three or four of you from livingmoon.com?

edit to add:
The reason why folks here know this theory is bunkiss is because they are intelligent enough to know you cannot hide something in orbit, even spy satellites are plainly obvious if you know were and when to look. At least my Imperial Star Destroyer can be equipped with a Cloaking Device stolen from the Romulan Empire.

[edit on 9/4/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
You've decided your the final word on this subject, and as a result, you find the fact I'm a writer on thelivingmoon.com, reason enough to suspect my motives. Now, let's put the shoe on the other foot.

My husband witnessed a craft much larger than the one used to ferry the shuttle back to the Cape. In fact, even after being in two wars, active duty Air Force for 23 years with Top Secret clearance, he still has never seen another aircraft that big or as bizaare. He saw this at Hill AFB, Utah, during a war game exercise. Windows of the buildings were covered with black plastic and people were instructed to get under their desks. He was one of the people tasked to stand guard on the flight line. It was gigantic, triangular gun metal black, with no insignia, no windows, no afterburners, silent, and when it accelerated it blinked out and reappeared farther away. He said it looked very space age-ish, like something out of a movie. It flew in over the air strip, passed over the flight line. It didn't land because it was too large to do so on Hill's air strip. It was, he said, apparently participating in the war game, because as it passed over, the PA system simulated a bombing run attack.

The final impression he gave was that it looked as if it could go from earth to space without a hitch.

Why have you never heard of this? Because it's a flippin' secret craft.

Good freakin' grief.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join