It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Space Shuttle dock at the Secret Space Station tonight?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:
jra

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I haven't read this whole thread yet, so please excuse me if I just end up repeating something that's already been said.

Originally posted by johnlear
Couldn't help but notice that it took over 2 days for the Space Shuttle to dock with the ISS after launch from Kennedy at 6:36 PM EDT, Wednesday August 8.

--snip--

And what about the checklists and preparation for docking? Why would it take over 2 days to get docked in the first place? They just took off! They're not ready?

Yes it sometimes takes a few days to dock to the ISS. As you should know, the ISS orbits the Earth, and is constantly moving. When they launch a Shuttle to the ISS, they have to do it when the ISS' orbital path is over the launch area, but that doesn't mean that the ISS itself is directly overhead. It can be on the other side of the Earth, so the Shuttle has to play catch-up first.

This is the reason for the delay in docking. On the next Shuttle launch, try watching NASA TV and you can see live footage of the Shuttle catching up to the ISS. Also go to sites like Heavens Above to see where the ISS and Shuttle are and see if they will pass over your area at night. Then you can see the Shuttle and the Station with your own eyes.

I'm sure that's not the explination you were hoping for. It's certainly a lot more mundane than a super secret space station.

Also couldn’t help but notice it’s going to take about 52 hours and 36 minutes after undocking with the ISS until it lands. The official NASA undocking time was 7:56 AM EDT today Sunday and official first landing time is 12:32 PM EDT on Tuesday.

Now I am sure NASA has a very good excuse for this delay. I am sure that there is a lot of preparation and checklists to do but 52 hours worth?

How long do you think it should take? Whats a good time frame in your opinion?

There was some downtime for the Shuttle crew after undocking from the ISS. And there were a bunch of inspections and systems checks and all that sort of stuff to go through. It's better to take your time and make sure everything is done correctly rather than rush it don't you think?

Like I say, I am sure that NASA has a very good excuse for this delay but I am too lazy to call the public information officer so I’ll cut to my conspiracy if you don’t mind.

I like how you refer to it as an "excuse", automatically assuming that their is no good reason for these delays. At least you admit you're too lazy to check up on this stuff and that you would rather just make something up.

I believe that the Shuttle goes directly to the Secret Space Station (that John Lenard had pictures of) directly after launch from Kennedy. At the Secret Space Station, some cargo is off loaded and it is possible that other cargo is on loaded to go to the ISS.

When the shuttle gets to the ISS the remaining cargo is off loaded and the busy work is performed at the ISS.

Then the shuttle leaves the ISS and heads back to the Secret Space Station before landing at Kennedy either to off load cargo picked up at the ISS and/or on load cargo for earth.

Just how much fuel and cargo do you think the Shuttle can carry? Why the need for shuffling all this cargo around? How can the Shuttle fly back and forth to multiple space stations, do these stations orbit on the same path? Why have no other amature astronomers spotted another object moving along the ISS's orbital path? Why use a Shuttle with civilians onboard when you can use an unmanned rocket to deliver supplies?

A lot of this cargo will make more sense in future posts when Zorgon and I get back from the Bay Area UFO Expo. You will not believe what we found.

You're probably right on that last part

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Originally posted by jra

I haven't read this whole thread yet, so please excuse me if I just end up repeating something that's already been said.

Now. JRA. With all due respect you know better than that. I respectfully request that you do not show up on a thread I have initiated, state that you haven't read the whole thing, ask me to excuse you for your lapse and then repeat something thats already been covered.

I don't do that to any of your threads.

That kind of conduct is for newbies.

Now let me respectfully suggest that you get your act together, get yourself informed and when you do you are welcome to challenge our information. This is an important thread and will eventually prove we have secret space stations and are probably receiving shipments from the moon.

Thanks for your understanding.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have to agree with John on that note. Even though I am relatively new to the site you gotta read all the info first before you can make a reasonable judgement of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

This is the reason for the delay in docking. On the next Shuttle launch, try watching NASA TV and you can see live footage of the Shuttle catching up to the ISS.

That is the reason "according to NASA" and you want me to watch NASA TV to get out information from? Ummmm gee I don't see how that would help, as we believe NASA is hiding something... why would they then show us everything on live TV?

How long do you think it should take? Whats a good time frame in your opinion?

We are working on that OH and it would be good if you DO read the thread from at least page 4 so you don't miss the Russian cargo ships also going to the station at the same time as the shuttle...

There was some downtime for the Shuttle crew after undocking from the ISS. And there were a bunch of inspections and systems checks and all that sort of stuff to go through. It's better to take your time and make sure everything is done correctly rather than rush it don't you think?

Yeah and there was some problem with the docking mechanisms to allow both ships to dock...

Just how much fuel and cargo do you think the Shuttle can carry?

The payload capacity is 50,000 lb (22,700 kg). Thats 25 tons...

Thats a LOT of fruits and vegetables...
Then add the capacity of the automated cargo carriers from Russia... That's a lot of goods...

Its funny how watching NASA TV shows you an empty cargo bay and them moving around just one little module. Do you REALLY expect me to believe they would spend all that money and take up an almost empty ship each time?

Why the need for shuffling all this cargo around?

As Jack says... its the "Home depot" of space...

How can the Shuttle fly back and forth to multiple space stations,

They stop at the refueling points... you should have read the threads, especially the Patent on the "Lunar Generated Fluids" cargo vessel with specially fitted shuttle

do these stations orbit on the same path? Why have no other amature astronomers spotted another object moving along the ISS's orbital path?

Most likely they are in higher geosynchronus orbits, but I don't know yet as we have not found them... John Lenard MAY have found them, we don't know yet. If we had all the answers we would be talking to CNN

Why use a Shuttle with civilians onboard when you can use an unmanned rocket to deliver supplies?

Does it occur to you that SOME civilians might want to be part of this> and don't have a problem not telling everything? What would be the point of it all if it was all automated? (Though much of the Lunar mining operation is, like the liquid helium etc operation)

A lot of this cargo will make more sense in future posts when Zorgon and I get back from the Bay Area UFO Expo. You will not believe what we found.

You're probably right on that last part

Fuzzy pictures you can refute... NASA contractor reports and patents are not so easy. But you inability to believe the evidence is something I cannot help you with

And all else aside...

The Russian cargo manifests show a quarter of a ton of fresh fruit and vegetables being delivered to three people... yet on History and Discovery they say they eat rations in foil pouches...

If you think that this makes sense... well I have some nice swamp land for sale on IO

:shk:

I wonder what they do with the banana peels?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
One more thing....

Did you know the Japanese are also making deliveries?

"Moving the launch of the logistics spacecraft to this date will also allow to meet earlier commitments with respect to the Japanese space agency to deliver to the space station the equipment needed to perform work under the Japanese program of space experiments."

ENERGIA

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Originally posted by jra

JRA, I flew professionally for 40 years. I would respectfully suggest that you do not try the 'bunch of inspections and systems checks and all that sort of stuff"' with me.

I know how to do system checks and I know what "all that sort of stuff to go through" means. Nothing.

Better to take your time?

52 hours worth?

["Rather than rush it?"

Please JRA tell me you are kidding me.

jra

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Now. JRA. With all due respect you know better than that. I respectfully request that you do not show up on a thread I have initiated, state that you haven't read the whole thing, ask me to excuse you for your lapse and then repeat something thats already been covered.

Ummm.... ok....

I just wanted to address your original post, that's all. I didn't know that was against the T&C this site.

Now that i've read this whole thread, I still stand by what I wrote.

Now let me respectfully suggest that you get your act together, get yourself informed and when you do you are welcome to challenge our information.

I already feel well enough informed to challenge your information, but thank you for your concern.

This is an important thread and will eventually prove we have secret space stations and are probably receiving shipments from the moon.

It will eventually eh? I wait with bated breath.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
JRA, relax, John is saying is that they are using alot of time up there to indulge and party. Why would NASA have a press conference saying how they have no proof the astronauts were getting high up there? They felt they had to explain. NASA would have never bothered to talk about this situation if someone didnt blow a whistle about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Originally posted by jra

I just wanted to address your original post, that's all. I didn't know that was against the T&C this site.

Its not against the T&C and I didn't say it was.

I would expect common courtesy from someone as well informed as you are to read everything before tapping keyboard.

Fair enough. And I assume that means you are OK with 50 to 72 hours of checking and rechecking checklists, getting things squared away, checking to see if everything is secure, completing the checklists, and all that sort of stuff. What? I was kind of waiting for you to throw in the old 'checking for tile damage' after having checked it four 4 days at the ISS.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Sorry but I have to post this here as well as the moon thread...

ArMap asked a question as he doubted the source of the fruits an vegetables because the PDF's were not in Russian... Now that is rather silly actually, considering most Russian sources have very good English pages... but the rest is valid for this thread as well

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by ArMaP
That PDF may have come from a Brazilian source, but is in Spanish (or, more correctly, Castilian), so I doubt it.

Also, none of the PDFs is in Russian, can we have the original text to dismiss the possibility of a bad translation?

Most of the Russian sites use English these days but knock yourself out...

www.energia.ru...

But ArMap... seriously must you always doubt everything? Is it too much to ask you take a little on faith that we did our homework? I mean we wouldn't tell you about fruits and vegetables if we didn't KNOW, now would we?

I mean what do you expect... an admission from NASA?

Fresh Fruits and Vegetables in Space

Fresh fruits and vegetables have been in demand with astronauts since the early Shuttle days. Fresh fruits and vegetables (apples, bananas and carrot and celery sticks) were first flown on STS-6 in April 1983. Oranges, pears, nectarines, grapefruit and jalapeno peppers have also flown occasionally.

Bananas and oranges became less popular over time because of the odor they produce. The fresh fruits and vegetables are loaded on the spacecraft 16 to 24 hours before launch. The odor permeates the spacecraft. Upon arrival in microgravity, some crew members may become nauseated and then associate the odor of the fruits and vegetables with the nausea.

The Russians send onions, garlic and tomatoes with each Progress shipment to the International Space Station (ISS). ISS crew members report that the fresh fruits and vegetables from Shuttle and Progress add variety to their diet and increase crew morale.

Cultural differences between the two food systems include the lack of any typical American breakfast foods. There is also more fish on the Russian menu. Some of their breakfast items include perch, both pickled and spiced, and foxberry juice, a mixture of wild cranberry and buckwheat gruel. Several thermostabilized and dehydrated cottage cheese items appear in the menu, mostly with fruit. And, of course, we cannot have Russian food without borsch, a soup made of beets.

So you still doubt?
I knew if we looked hard enough we would find the itemized list

Currently, the Russian Space Agency provides half of the food consumed on the ISS, with NASA supplying the other half.

And there you have it the Russian Caterers...

Now explain to me if the Progress brought 2.5 tons of food to the ISS and 241 kilograms of that was fresh produce... and that is only HALF of the food brought up there...

Just HOW MUCH CAN THREE PEOPLE EAT???

Oh almost forgot how silly of me... you want the source of this data...

NASA Home > For Students > 9-12 Students

So YOU doubt the fruits and veggies..

but school kids 9-12 know it for a fact...

OOPS!! Seems that WAS an admission from NASA, and very well detailed I might add.

Maybe their goal is to brainwash the next generation, because they know the rest are a lost cause

[edit on 3-9-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well shoot! Maybe JRA is right. Maybe they spend those 72 hours eating fruits and vegetables and checking the checklists?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
That checking for tile damage is a joke. Those gap fillers were even funnier. I felt that it was all unnecassary when I saw it.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Ummm.... ok....

Don’t sweat it, its not against the T&C, and it happens on this site all the time. Johns fellow truthers in the 911 forum do it constantly, so IMHO “turn about is fair play”…

John is not a moderator anyway, so doubly don’t sweat it. He is simply getting his dander up because he has yet to satisfactorily answer any of those questions on the proceeding pages. He also totally ignored the actual telemetry and timelines from the shuttle flight that I posted earlier on.

Master Flight Plan
Countdown Timeline
Ascent Timeline
Ascent Data
Docking Timeline

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

JRA, I flew professionally for 40 years. I would respectfully suggest that you do not try the 'bunch of inspections and systems checks and all that sort of stuff"' with me.

I know how to do system checks and I know what "all that sort of stuff to go through" means. Nothing.

Which makes you 0% qualified to be an expert on the space shuttle other then during the landing phase. The rest of the time the pilot and commander operate the shuttle by allowing the computers to run it and occasionally entering OMS’s data into the MFD’s as instructed by ground control and the precalculated flight plan. The rest of the time, they set up, check, and maintain the equipment. Since John knows so much about the shuttle, maybe he can tell me where the controls for the APU are located in the cockpit and who sets them?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Just how much fuel and cargo do you think the Shuttle can carry? Why the need for shuffling all this cargo around?

As a side note... the Russian Shuttle carried four times what ours could... 100 tons..

Space Shuttle Buran launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome on November 15, 1988. It promised a new age in Soviet space flight. Outwardly, Buran resembled the American space shuttle but there were several important differences. The most apparent was the monstrous Energia heavy-lift rocket system, capable launching the shuttle with up to 100 tonnes of cargo -- three times the capacity of the American model.

The Energia rocket was capable of full oribital insertion, allowing Russian designers to do away with the bulky engines required by the American design -- the Soviet shuttle's thrusters were required only for manuevering. In addition, the Buran-Energia system was designed to be fully reusable. The shuttle, rocket and liquid-propellant Zenit boosters could be reconditioned and reused.

BURAN

And it doesn't need any pilots...

And they say the Russians were behind us...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Originally posted by defcon5

John is not a moderator anyway, so doubly don’t sweat it. He is simply getting his dander up because he has yet to satisfactorily answer any of those questions on the proceeding pages. He also totally ignored the actual telemetry and timelines from the shuttle flight that I posted earlier on.

Like NASA is going to post actual telemetry and timelines? You must be joking.

Hey Defcon, seriously. I have a question myself. How many shuttle crewmembers does it take to dock the Shuttle?

Give up?

2 to read the checklist and dock. And 5 to eat the fruits and veggies.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Whats this about?
I guess I missed something.

Mod Edit: Quote Removed.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
John is friends with Dr. Resnik. John probably was smoking a joint on the moon when you were watching Star Trek. The space shuttle is automatic. Its guidance system does everything. After all the book smart astronauts get it all memorized, I can probablly memorize the sequence of pushing buttons myself. The shuttle flies itself.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
*SNIP*

DHR got banned. She wants you to put in a good word for her so she can come back. I'd put in the good word but I am always just on the edge of getting banned myself. Thanks.

Mod Edit: Removed Quote.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join