It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 18th and 19th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well everybody, the 18th and 19th came and went without catastrophe. I guess some of you out there are a bit dissapointed not to have your Freudian thanatos urge sated. Anyway crop circles are mysterious and most likely non-human, as for their prescient value, I remain incredulous. Either people are mininterperating the message, or there is no message at all.
2012 is the big date, if it comes and goes without incident, then I for one will be harshly cynical towards any future prognostication. For the next couple of years though, I will remain a believer that my feelings of anticipation for something big are valid.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wow, I felt I was a little crazy this entire weekend. I am not someone that really believes in stuff like this. I am sorry to anyone that offends. On Saturday, August 18, 2007 12:22 PM (California Time) everything changed for me.

I do not know how to explain what has happened to me but things became clear like clouds had been lifted from my mind. I realized that everything is about to change, not like I feel things will change but I know like I know my car will start when I get up in the morning and start it up. Things are not going to be good or bad, they are just going to be very different.

I wish us all a lot of luck.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Aug 19th at 10:30 am my 89 y/o Grammy passed away. Peacefully

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MauiStacey

I'm very sorry for your loss, MauiStacey.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Seems some dates are profoundly life altering for some and not for others.

Some of these predictions are ridiculous, some less so. Only time will tell...

True predictions are only known after the fact, unfortunately, you have to sift alot of chaff to get the one grain of truth.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey

sry for your loss my friend, it is a natural part of life and thank god she passed peacefully

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 420prajna
I remain incredulous.
Either people are mininterperating the message,
or there is no message at all.
2012 is the big date, if it comes and goes without incident, then I for one will be harshly cynical towards any future prognostication.

no real message, imho
2012 is also a big/gigantic 'Iffy'

consider the less publicized Aztec 'Sun' prophecies...closely akin to Maya.

the Aztec 'Sun' (this is the 5th Sun era...ending in Earthquakes)
the Aztec End has several dates, one is Dec 24th, 2011
which precedes the Maya, generally accepted date of 21 Dec 2012/

another chronologer has determined that the Aztec '5th Sun' ends
around Dec 2085 (sometime After the Maya date)

so, what are we to make of this variation?

We...are allowed to follow whichever theory/timeline we are comfortable with...just like the crop circle phenomena...
no one is right or wrong in these interim years,

MauiStacey, i understand your grief, and i also understand your list of Ancestors has grown (after, i hope, a rewarding life)

[edit on 20-8-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I wonder how many people think 2012 will be a bad year and how many think it will be a good one???
I think that it means change, I believe that a shift will take place.
I think it means we will move into a new reality.
I do not and will not believe it will be the end of the world.
I have faith that it will be a new dawn of enlightenment, that we will have challenges to face and issues to overcome but that something will happen to change the world as we know it. Maybe it will come as a new discovery or invention or being forced to take responsability for what we have done here or maybe some truth revealed or maybe a mix of things.
I am in no way an optimist, I have been a rather negative minded person for most of my life I hate to admit, but I am working on creating a new reality now. I have been working hard to think positive and in just a few months I have had some great positive changes in my life.
If it is true we create the world around us by our thoughts and tons of people on the planet have a negative view of the future... what will become of us???

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
well it wasnt a big hit to me considering i had never even heard of anything happening on aug 18th until i read it on these boards, and when i did read about i noticed the crop circles everyone was talking about look like complete sh*t, i have seen much more precise bigger circles that are much more believable then the small unsymtrical ones that were being used to fortell of disaster on aug 18th
my eyes still look to 2012, if nothing happens, i am giving up my status as a believer of any important date ever given after that

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
May every prediction (including mine) never come true!!!!!

So, the next one is August 28, that's when we have spaceships invade us.

Cant wait.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey

Ditto. Very sorry Maui
Aug 18 at 1 my grandpa passed away.
I guess it is the WWII generation coming to a close.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
well.
that just goes to prove that we're not meant to know those type of things.
whatever happens happens.
deal with it.
:] -Max.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MauiStacey

I'm so sorry for your loss.

We'll pray for you.

new topics

top topics

join