It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New nuclear terror drill sparks conspiracy scare

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
If I was a terrorist I would make a note of this. I would make sure an attack would happen only on a date involving drills and exercises. It would be a huge gain in Psy ops. Turn the enemy on themselves. I can only imagine someone like Bin Laden having a laughing fit as he watched the US tear itself apart in a civil war on CNN because people thought it was a government conspiracy to detonate a nuclear weapon on its own soil.

Exactly...

Imagine if the "real false flag' was done by groups who want to see the destruction of the U.S. what better way to do this than to divide the people and make them think "the U.S. government did it"?.....

Sorry but the claims by some that there U.S. government would do this makes no sense in the least.

U.S. politicians also live in the U.S..... U.S. government officials also live in the U.S., and so do their families many who are not gathered in just one place....

The people who gain from something like this are those who want to destroy the United States...

Why would the U.S. government want to destroy the U.S.?......

The people who keep claiming the U.S. was behind 9/11 are blind... Why is it that two Chinese high ranking military officers wrote a book "Unrestrictive Warfare" and in that book they clearly state the wars of the future have to be fought using terrorists, and one of the examples they use is "using Bin Laden to make a terrorist attack on the World Trade Center wold paralize the U.S. military and the government.... They would never expect this........ This book was written in 1999, with the backing of the Chinese government... yet you still get people claiming, without any real proof that it was the United States.....

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

China and the Final War for Resources

"What's coming will be more devastating to the U.S. economy than any nuclear strike..." - The Asia Times

I. Unrestricted War

Unrestricted War: China’s Master Plan to Destroy America is a treatise for world domination written in 1999 by People’s Liberation Army Colonels Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui. In order for China to become a dominant global power over the United States, the PLA emphasizes “The Final War over Resources”, must be won.

The Colonels state that the aggressor nation “must adjust its own financial strategy, use currency revaluation or devaluation as primary weapons, and combine means such as getting the upper hand in public opinion and changing the rules sufficiently to make financial turbulence and economic crisis appear in the targeted country or area, weakening its overall power, including its military strength. Whether it be the intrusions of hackers, a major explosion at the World Trade Center, or a bombing attack by bin Laden, all of these greatly exceed the frequency bandwidths understood by the American military..."

www.apfn.net...

People really need to wake up....

This, plus the fact that the Chinese and the Russian government have not only been calling for a new Global Economy, and they have been making moves to devaluate the dollar and change world opinion on the U.S. should tell you who was really behind 9/11, and who are the master planners who want to destroy the United States.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

The people who keep claiming the U.S. was behind 9/11 are blind... Why is it that two Chinese high ranking military officers wrote a book "Unrestrictive Warfare" and in that book they clearly state the wars of the future have to be fought using terrorists, and one of the examples they use is "using Bin Laden to make a terrorist attack on the World Trade Center wold paralize the U.S. military and the government.... They would never expect this........ This book was written in 1999, with the backing of the Chinese government... yet you still get people claiming, without any real proof that it was the United States.....

Very interesting-Never heard that before...Bin Laden gets around does he not?
Working for the US in Afghanistan during the soviet invasion,now working for China against the USA...
But I have doubts-especially the bit about "they would never expect this"...
No of course they wouldn`t expect it,unless some clever Chinese dude decides to print it onto the internet for all to see...

Why on earth has this (if true) been kept out of the MSM.Why has it not received more attention on the web?
If true,I would have thought this would have been gigantic news all over the place.

edit: The link to the source does not work,and the other link goes to a Pakistani Defense forum,not exactly cast iron in terms of accuracy I am willing to bet.
Any better sources on the same subject?

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Ok,I concede-the book does exist,and is written by People’s Liberation Army Colonels and you can buy it at amazon.
I am amazed that this hasn`t got more coverage,although its maybe because the Americans don`t want to get China involved in any confrontation while they are "busy" in the middle east.
If the US admin are aware of this,I can`t see them letting China off the hook in the future-Unless of course they believe that the WTC attack has actually helped their own agenda...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The Chinese are very smart people, and that includes the Chinese military.
It is a lot easier to dismiss something like this "if it is printed for all to see", it is called "hiding evidence in plain sight", than for the U.S. to find out sooner or later the Chinese had made these plans.

The Chinese can now dismiss this and say "it is just a coincidence", if they had kept this secret and the U.S. or a U.S. ally would have found out it would be clear evidence to all that the Chinese were behind this plan.

BTW, the book does exist and it was written by those two Chinese officers with the consent of the Chinese government.

Also if you notice that same book states they will attack the United States economically also....what has been happening lately?....

See, "hiding evidence in plain sight" is very effective since a lot of people will just dismiss it.... Who in the world would give their plans to destroy the U.S. for the whole world to see huh?..... Well, the Chinese for one.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
BTW the links of China with Bin Laden exist. For example.

Claims that China paid Bin Laden to see cruise missiles

John Hooper in Milan
Saturday October 20, 2001
The Guardian

China paid Osama bin Laden several million dollars for access to unexploded American cruise missiles left over from the US attack on his bases three years ago, a senior alleged al-Qaida agent in Europe has claimed.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Ok,I concede-the book does exist,and is written by People’s Liberation Army Colonels and you can buy it at amazon.

Ok, I will try to make a better example of why the Chinese published this before the attack on 9/11.

Lets supposed that the Chinese would have hidden this book from the world, and the U.S., and after 9/11 we found out somehow, through Chinese defectors or some other way that these two Chinese colonels wrote this book with the approval of the Chinese government.

Wouldn't the fact that the Chinese hid this information be a clear indication that "they were planning to do exactly this?.... the fact that if the Chinese would have hid this information would have made it clear evidence that they were behind the attack.

Now, since they made this book public, more people will believe it is just a coincidence.... But how coincidental that not only did 9/11 happen but the Chinese, alongside with the Russians and some others, are attacking the U.S. dollar, and attacking the U.S. in other fronts as explained in that book...

Did i explain it better now?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Muaddib

In response to why I believe its advantageous for the US government to be the leader in 911 as well as a possible future nuke hit.

Did 911 destroy america? Or weaken it?

911 resulted in a trillion dollar pipeline deal through Afghanistan and changed the worlds 2nd largest oil resource from Euros back to Dollars.

Al Queda - lost 2 major areas of operations and had to move back into the hills and mountains as we are led to believe.

So what did or has the war on terror achieved? Its certainly not made Al Queda a fortune in arms supplies and sales. They havent crumbled the power of America in fact with the Patriot Act, Guantanamo etc America is far more powerful than it was in 2000.

I take the point that american senators etc have families in these american cities all over. You dont need to have the approval of hundreds to detonate a device in an american city for it to be a conspirated action.

With the levels of intelligence available and operational limits it would be rather simple to convince someone they are about to commit the greatest terror act ever witnessed. Perhaps thats where Osama comes in.

If you think intelligence is not capable of such things consider how MI6 managed to keep being on the verge of selling Argentina more exocets in various guises and frauds during the falklands. Unbeknownst to them they were dealing with MI6 consistently, and unbeknownst to the majority involved in the attempted trades. Spanning various countries and cultures.

You could also consider the power of what the terms of unrestrictive warfare means. To use terrorism to attack key targets is fine. You really believe islamic fundamentalism will eventually destroy america with car bombs, plane attacks, and the odd dirty bomb?

Again what happens when a terrorist act - lets say nuclear goes off in an american city - and the finger points to Iran.

Unrestrictive warfare, America immediately has the right and will to defend itself and has no need to consult the UN and has carte blanche to attack, invade, and regime change Iran in the interest of self defence. They become, unrestricted

And the Khuzestan oil starts pumping in dollars not euros

China versus the USA is a relatively separate issue in that the focus is on the possible conspiracy to attack america with a nuclear device in a false flag op.

But I will say this to elude to what I mentioned earlier about the illusion of sides. Consider the chinese financial threat to the USA. If China does cash in its bonds and hurt the US economy, all the more reason for the US to secure more oil resources in the middle east.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I hear what you're saying Muaddib,Its one hell of a theory and yes,backed up by China`s recent economic actions,and the poisoned food/toys/clothes/chemicals etc,it does fit.
Now,although I am interested and will look at this in more detail,I still find the molten metal,wtc7,and other things just don`t fit-BUT

That said,I have just been looking on the 911 forum and it appears there is no thread dedicated to the subject of Chinese involvement,and the book in question(maybe I just missed it).
If there isn't a thread,you should make one-I would but you found the Info so I don`t want to nick it for my own thread.
I reckon its worth posting on the 911 forum though,its a rational theory and bloody scary too.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Not to steer the conversation away from where it has evolved, but I found this interesting:
"Portland bewitches travelers, rain or shine" @ CNN.com

It may have been listed earlier but I found it today (the 21st) - the article has an update time for the 8th, though.
After all this talk of the nuclear strike drills, etc. going on in Portland, I find it...well, interesting that CNN is running a traveling advertisement for the city.
I have nothing against the city, it's just a bit of a coincidence.
Or it means nothing at all...

What do you guys think?

[edit on 21/8/07 by onenotsaved]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by onenotsaved

I found this ironic in your link,in the context of this thread:

"In the winter, the residents of this Pacific Northwest city hunker down for the gray rain that drills the city"

What a great pitch to sell breaks/holidays!!I really wanna go there now!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If the Bush gov does plan to nuke a US city, you can be sure that it won't be until they have stirred up the Iranian's into a boiling froth. They would have to have a legitimate fallguy for something of that magnitude, so would need the Ayatollah screaming jehad from every spire in Iran. Then, they would need a Russian or Chinese built medium yeild nuclear device and some arab descent patsies to create a easy to fallow trail back to Iran. For maximum effect, they would pick a mid west city that is a distribution hub, rather than a coastal industrial area. Someplace that strikes deep into the "Heartland". After that, the Bush gov could declare martial law and enact any legislation they wanted. After all, it would be in the country's best interest for the government to provide a long time stable presidential presence during this time of crisis and terrorism and war.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karma2600

In response to why I believe its advantageous for the US government to be the leader in 911 as well as a possible future nuke hit.

Did 911 destroy america? Or weaken it?

911 resulted in a trillion dollar pipeline deal through Afghanistan and changed the worlds 2nd largest oil resource from Euros back to Dollars.

First of all, as far as i know these are the facts about "pipeline deals in Afghanistan"....

Even before the war there were some U.S. companies who had deals with the Taliban government in building such pipelines...

The construction of the 850-kilometre pipeline had been previously discussed between Afghanistan's former Taliban regime, US oil company Unocal and Bridas of Argentina.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So in fact a war would stop such negotiations...

Second of all, and this is from April 2006...

Minister for Mines and Industries Mir Mohammad Seddiq Ishan said that no decisions had been made on which companies would implement the project, but that a tender would be held to identify interested parties.

“It may be too big for one company,” he said. “Perhaps several companies will bid on it.”

www.ens-newswire.com...

But it shouldn't be a surprise that some members would make generalized comments which are not close to the truth.

Also there is the fact that several countries found that "the perpetrators of 9/11 were all Islamic extremists" and not one country found any evidence of the "U.S. government being behind it"....

For example authorities in Spain meanwhile investigating the Madrid bombings found that the 9/11 attacks on the U.S. were planned in Spain by Islamic Extremists....

International

Judge links suspect to Spain, 9-11 attacks
Moroccan accused of helping planning

Maria Jesus Prades
Associated Press
April 29, 2004

MADRID, Spain -- A Moroccan fugitive sought in connection with the March 11 train bombings in Madrid was indicted Wednesday on charges of helping to plan the Sept. 11 attacks in the United States -- the first suspect linked to both attacks.

www.spokesmanreview.com...

So what did or has the war on terror achieved? Its certainly not made Al Queda a fortune in arms supplies and sales. They havent crumbled the power of America in fact with the Patriot Act, Guantanamo etc America is far more powerful than it was in 2000.

The Guantánamo Bay Naval Base has existed in Cuba for more than a century, and holding terrorist suspects, which happen to be in most cases people who were fighting against the coalition or were helping the terrorists, does not make "America more powerful".....

It would be the same as claiming that European nations jailing terrorist suspects "is making Europeans more powerful".... Such detentions is helping stop other attacks and such, but it is not making "America more powerful."

I take the point that american senators etc have families in these american cities all over. You dont need to have the approval of hundreds to detonate a device in an american city for it to be a conspirated action.

i might as well claim that "Extraterrestrials have every motive to nuke America and they don't need to tell hundreds of people or anyone in the world"...

Claims are not facts, please stick to the facts.

If you think intelligence is not capable of such things consider how MI6 managed to keep being on the verge of selling Argentina more exocets in various guises and frauds during the falklands. Unbeknownst to them they were dealing with MI6 consistently, and unbeknownst to the majority involved in the attempted trades. Spanning various countries and cultures.

I am not about to start searching about what MI6 has done or has not done, and I have come to see in these forums that some people tend to overlook facts and only make claims, and sometimes post sources which seems to back their statements but when scrutinized you find the truth is different from those claims made.

The fact that you are now talking about MI6, which is a Brittish agency, tells me you have no facts to back your claims about anyone in the U.S. government planning such an attack....

Is it possible? yes everything is possible, but "being possible" does not make anything a fact....

It is also possible for me to modify my genes and grow wings but "because it is a possibility" it does not make it a fact.

You could also consider the power of what the terms of unrestrictive warfare means. To use terrorism to attack key targets is fine. You really believe islamic fundamentalism will eventually destroy america with car bombs, plane attacks, and the odd dirty bomb?

I can't talk about terrorists since their mindset is totally different than mine... They use their own children strapped with bombs to kill people....So i don't know what could be in the mind of terrorists except that "they want to terrorize the world and submit it to their extremist side of Islam." And I know this because terrorists themselves have been saying this is exactly what they want among some other things...

Again what happens when a terrorist act - lets say nuclear goes off in an american city - and the finger points to Iran.

You are making an assumption about an event which hasn't happened yet, hence it is trivial to discuss such an event since "it hasn't happened".

Unrestrictive warfare, America immediately has the right and will to defend itself and has no need to consult the UN and has carte blanche to attack, invade, and regime change Iran in the interest of self defence. They become, unrestricted

Again, you are talking. in this case writting about events which haven't happened.... Some members in these forums have predicted that the U.S. will nuke or invade Iran for years, and every year it is claimed that year it will happen, the year goes by and then the claim changes for the next year, and the next year, and the next year....

And the Khuzestan oil starts pumping in dollars not euros

.....heh?..... Deals can be made with nations without resorting to "the U.S. government making a nuke attack on U.S. soil...."

China versus the USA is a relatively separate issue in that the focus is on the possible conspiracy to attack america with a nuclear device in a false flag op.

The Issue is who would have the motive to want to nuke a city or several cities in the U.S.

Conspiracies are not only about "the U.S. government being behind everything"....

But I will say this to elude to what I mentioned earlier about the illusion of sides. Consider the chinese financial threat to the USA. If China does cash in its bonds and hurt the US economy, all the more reason for the US to secure more oil resources in the middle east.

The fact that the U.S. would try to secure some sort of deal for oil resources does not make this a reason for the U.S. government detonating an atomic bomb in the U.S....

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
here's another article about the (Portland 10KT Bomb drill)

www.rockcreekfreepress.com...

what's interesting in this report is the reminder that
Charleston SC cancelled their Bomb drill back in 2005
& the 4 star general was (for some reason) replaced forthwith.

the "Portland Residents Nervous About Nuclear Drill"
will be the top article just for today, 22 August 2007, so link away...

thanks

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Elaborate analysis - of my last posts and thanks for the effort.

However this is a discussion of opinion and speculation which has nothing at all to do with "fact".

There is one fact - there is no conspiracy. The 911 report etc have all confirmed this therefore a new nuclear conspiracy does not exist. Thats fact. My suggestion is speculation.

The pipeline issue is quite valid as it was not agreed upon, signed, or put into practice until after 911. After 911 american interests were in afghanistan, Hamid Karzai signed the pipeline deal, why ? The taliban were not there any more not to sign it or disagree to it. So coincidence im sure and bears no meaning, again speculation.

To obtain the facts would warrant a full investigation across several countries companies and even into the whitehouse itself.

Or you could just read the newspaper

America being more powerful is a description of one country gaining business trade and resource rights to both Afghanistan and Iraqs resources - which were not in place prior to 911. So again 911 the event and the results after, have surely made america achieve benefits that did not exist in august 2001.

Facts - again would be to analyse account records going back over 10 years, companies, budgets, finances, or we could just read the newspaper.

The point of the MI6 remark is intelligence communities do not label themselves as flag wavers. So if there is any conspiracy its hardly going to be americans doing the dirty work is it? And it is possible to make other people think they are dealing with others and not have the slightest clue who is behind them

So its an allusion to the nature that intelligence could easily recruit a jihadic maniac to do the will of allah not for the benefit of a terrorist group or doctrine, but without knowledge for the will of an alternative goal or action.

Making assumptions is simply considering possibilities. Generally in todays world guesses, possibilities and random assumptions have to made. So the suggestion is just that - what would happen if an Iranian sourced terror attack blew up in the heart of the USA ?

Would Iran gain from such an action ? Or would the USA ultimately gain far more ?

Deals can be made with nations. However at the moment in the current climate I dont see Iran making any deal to reverse its Euro bourse and trade its oil into US dollars.

And finally who says it would be the US government that would detonate a nuke - its not going to be is it ? It would be terrorists.

And then their action would cause the US to react. As a result of that action governments change and new deals are made.

Which comes back to the point of the discussion and speculation as knowledge of the facts is beyond truly any of us. Who would benefit most if, if possibly, if maybe a nuclear boom hits america with an Iranian source....

It certainly would not benefit Iran, Al queda, or islamic fundamentalism in any way.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't think the government was behind 9/11. however I wouldn't put it past them.

A nuclear detonation is a whole different matter though if only because the resulting detonation would spread radiation to a very large area for a very long time.

You can remove the 9/11 rubble and rebuild on that property. What happens if a nuke goes off in a major city. Sure you'll scare the hell out of everyone and be able to assert control but now a major piece of your countries valuable real estate is a wasteland.

It isn't economically viable. Life in the eyes of some may be cheap. Prime land and established cities are not.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Not trying to invalidate the conspiracy angle of all this but isn't it kind of a good idea at least to spread public awareness that it's possible something devastating like this could happen? I mean, I'm not convinced it will but it's possible right?

Before 9-11 no one ever thought about a really horrible attack happening within America, so everyone was just devastated with shock when something did happen. Maybe it isn't a good idea to return to that safety-bubble way of thinking.

Just saying... maybe it's a good thing if people stay on their toes a little more than they used to.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fweshcawfee

Maybe it isn't a good idea to return to that safety-bubble way of thinking.

I couldn't agree with you more. In many ways the majority of the citizens of the U.S have lived with a false security. After 9/11 the general public got a wake up call that we are just as vulnerable as the third world nation accross the sea.
It's not like knowledge is a bad thing. Many want to say that news like this just starts paranoia. IMO it has more to do with being informed. Or conditioning, whatever one decides to label it.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee
Not trying to invalidate the conspiracy angle of all this but isn't it kind of a good idea at least to spread public awareness that it's possible something devastating like this could happen? I mean, I'm not convinced it will but it's possible right?

In general the government of the USA has acted within the general value that US citizens cannot handle the truth about anything and if they were told the truth they would get in the way of the "right things" being done.

Unspecified warnings and "gut" feelings voiced from above only serve to create a climate of fear as well as terrorising the minds of citizens into giving up more and more of their Constitutional rights to a government that is happy to play the part of Mighty Mouse come to save the day ... though they would rather be equated with Jesus Christ come to save the day.

The USA will be a safer place to visit and to live once Michael Chertoff is removed from his seat and the Department of Homeland Security is revised along Constitutional lines rather than the Nazi blueprint they are following.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

a government that is happy to play the part of Mighty Mouse come to save the day ... though they would rather be equated with Jesus Christ come to save the day.

LMAO!!

Good point. Scare the people with terror and then come to the rescue . Sounds absurd , but there could possibly be some truth in that statement.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join