It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New nuclear terror drill sparks conspiracy scare

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

New nuclear terror drill sparks conspiracy scare

www.wnd.com

WASHINGTON – A U.S. military drill designed to enhance homeland security in the event of a nuclear terrorist attack has some officials and media outlets funded by billionaire George Soros warning it may be a "false flag" operation leading to the detonation of a real nuclear device to set the stage for martial law. The exercise, part of the "Noble Resolve" program of the U.S. Joint Forces Command, is set for tomorrow through Friday in Portland, Ore.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
neworleans.indymedia.org
portland.indymedia.org
www.wnd.com

[edit on 19-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It would seem that many others feel what we here at ATS have been saying for quite some time now. Would the leadership of this country allow a nuclear detonation on American soil? George Soros thinks so. What are your thoughts on this. Do you think the Govt would let this happen. I know alot of you here don't credit WND as a news source but the article was an interesting read with a conspiracy twist. Thought I would share.

www.wnd.com

edit for content.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by highfreq]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq

www.wnd.com

The exercise, part of the "Noble Resolve" program of the U.S. Joint Forces Command, is set for tomorrow through Friday in Portland, Ore.

looks like the trick/ploy did not work since the operation took place on thursday and no one fell for it.

[edit on 8/19/2007 by shots]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
That's right shots. I do understand the timeline ect... I suppose I shouldn't have worded that "is tomorrow the big day"?What caught my eye was the media attention to the reference to a govt detonated nuke on U.S soil.I know this topic has been discussed her on ATS before but this is the first time I have witnessed it get this kind of attention outside of the general conspiracy sites.
Thanks for the reply and keeping it real.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
shots... did you see the date this was posted?...Posted: August 19, 2007
6:49 p.m. Eastern,so it will begin monday... it's sunday today... i'm concerned because im in portland... !

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I remember we discussed this drill in Portland in a thread from August 5. So, this drill is actually starting tomorrow? Wow. Interesting...

Nuclear attack on America is very(!) imminent

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
makes me wonder about this story...

DeFazio asks, but he's denied access

Classified info - The congressman wanted to see government plans for after a terror attack Friday, July 20, 2007JEFF KOSSEFF The Oregonian Staff
WASHINGTON -- Oregonians called Peter DeFazio's office, worried there was a conspiracy buried in the classified portion of a White House plan for operating the government after a terrorist attack.

As a member of the U.S. House on the Homeland Security Committee, DeFazio, D-Ore., is permitted to enter a secure "bubbleroom" in the Capitol and examine classified material. So he asked the White House to see the secret documents.

On Wednesday, DeFazio got his answer: DENIED.

story here

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
[external soure] Norm Ornstein, a legal scholar who studies government continuity at the conservative American Enterprise Institute, said he "cannot think of one good reason" to deny access to a member of Congress who serves on the Homeland Security Committee[/external source] This was from the article posted by Kingofpain. This was on July 20th? Did anyone evr find out why exactly Defazio ws denied permission? He is a member of Congress, not to mention homeland security- What is the deal with that?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It is not surprising that generally most civilians fear the military due to a lack of understanding. Yet it is these very people that would instantly become arm chair generals and demand why we were not prepared, should such an event occur. Not to mention the scare tactics founder by George Soros of all people. Oh imagine the outcry if such counter propaganda was clearly funded by a Conservative sympathizer. To sum it up, move along, nothing interesting to see here. These drills and preparations happen far more often than you think and have been going on long before most of us were born.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
It is not surprising that generally most civilians fear the military due to a lack of understanding. Yet it is these very people that would instantly become arm chair generals and demand why we were not prepared, should such an event occur. Not to mention the scare tactics founder by George Soros of all people. Oh imagine the outcry if such counter propaganda was clearly funded by a Conservative sympathizer. To sum it up, move along, nothing interesting to see here. These drills and preparations happen far more often than you think and have been going on long before most of us were born.
I agree with what you are saying, but with this in mind, if this was just a 'routine' procedure, and a needed practice drill, then why not show DeFazio the information? Why use 'scare tactics', and for what purpose?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
HI all,
Don't know if this link has been posted yet but I think all of you should read this. Even if nothing ever happens you will at least have been prepared.

www.ki4u.com...

I think now that the word has leaked out about the possible false flag op for nuclear detonation, nothing will happen.
I hope I am right...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nowayreally
[external soure] Norm Ornstein, a legal scholar who studies government continuity at the conservative American Enterprise Institute, said he "cannot think of one good reason" to deny access to a member of Congress who serves on the Homeland Security Committee[/external source] This was from the article posted by Kingofpain. This was on July 20th? Did anyone evr find out why exactly Defazio ws denied permission? He is a member of Congress, not to mention homeland security- What is the deal with that?

no i never found out why or what it was that HLS didnt want to show him or let him know.. i just think it's strange to keep him out of the loop.. then plan to run a drill in his town...my town. whats the deal?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nowayreally
...then why not show DeFazio the information?

I am not too familiar with his case and all the information surrounding it so I cannot definitively comment on it one way or the other. However if the facts are as reported then I assume there was a reason to keep the specifics of this exercise on a need to know basis. Being in Congress and on the DHS committee is not a blanket security clearance to know everything concerning it, neither is curiosity. Of course this is speculation but I still do not see it as abnormally significant, alarming or threatening. Those who wan to read more into will do so, regardless, if something happens they are right, if nothing happens they are right, by default of exposure, of course. Case and point, the post below...

Originally posted by wrangell76
I think now that the word has leaked out about the possible false flag op for nuclear detonation, nothing will happen.

Self fulfilling prophecy, I think so.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   

What is the deal with that?

Obivously it's because people would be angry. Something like Bush becomes the only one taking care of the government after martial law, no more congress involved, gun confiscation, UN troops to help ``maintaining order``... something like that.

And why do we worry about drills? It's not because of non-understanding, it's because 9/11, 7/7 and others false-flag operations happenned during drills, which are used to cover the real operatives behind hundreds of people and confuse the real good people participating in those drills who could stop the real terrorists doing their business.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
there will be no martial law and if so we shall fight just like are forefathers there would be a mass revolution on bush and whoever else that would think of such a thing i myself would stand and fight

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I think there's plenty of cause for concern if you live in a world where systemic corruption runs right to the rotten core of the military-industrial-congressional complex, where the guys who killed the Kennedys and orchestrated 911 are still firmly in control. If you live in some other world, I guess it'd be fine.

JSR

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i know this may be a long shot, but, all of the stories in that article sounded like it was taken straight from this ATS website. could it be that George Soros is the new silent investor in ATS.

just a thought, could be.

If he was, why wouldnt his news outlet IndyMedia borrow from this site to create stories in other outlets? People would no doubt do a search for these conspericies, and most likley land here.....

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistance911
there will be no martial law and if so we shall fight just like are forefathers there would be a mass revolution on bush and whoever else that would think of such a thing, i myself would stand and fight

Amen. I think, unfortunately, that their plan is so deeply implemented, so secure, that the blitzkrieg of fear and confusion will render most of the public helpless when it happens. They're doing many things right in front of the people.
Those who are self-proclaiming they are woken up, can only do so much.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Drills worry me... since 9/11 and 7/7 had drills for what happened on those days. Then again they probably won't make the same mistake again. It would be too obvious.

What they're probably doing is prepping us for the inevitable (planned) "terrorist" nuclear bombs... getting it into the public psyche. The government is in a sad state indeed when it's very people worry that they will purposely nuke us just to pass some legislation. I guess using conventional explosives is becoming so common that the shock factor won't be enough. Time to up the ante!

Now watch anti-depressants linked to students going haywire, and as a result anyone ever having taken anti-depressants will have their guns taken away... it'll just grow from there. Nazi Germany all over again.

I hope I'm wrong. I'll rest a bit easier when (if) this administration leaves office.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have to be honest here. Ever since I heard about these terror drills happening in Portland I've had an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I just hope nothing happens and everything is alright. I will be paying extra close attention to the news this week that's for damn sure.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join