It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Club of Rome member teaching in Sydney University

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Just received a piece of information that I think needs to be shared on ATS.

A friend of mine informed me that her head tutor for the International Relations subject at Macquarie University In Sydney, NSW, is none other than UN Association life member, Freemason and Club of Rome member, Keith Suter!

My friend attends this class, and knowing that I am interested in this subject matter, thought to tell me, as you could imagine my response was of concern.

What right does a member of the global strategy think-tank, the Club of Rome, have teaching students?

According to my source, Suter regularly name-drops “his friend Al Gore”, braggs about how he is pro-globalisation and once said that September 11 was carried out by a bunch of Muslims because “they must have been bored or something”.

Does this not ring bells with other ATSers?? This guy is spreading his agenda in an educational institution and it just doesn’t sit well with me.

From Macquarie Univeristy wesbite
Dr Keith Suter is the Consultant on Social Policy at Wesley Mission Sydney. He is also a Senior Fellow with the Global Business Network Australia, Consultant to Aged and Community Services (NSW), Health Services Association (NSW), and the Conflict Resolution Network. His first doctorate was in the international law of guerrilla warfare and his second in the economic and social consequences of the arms race.
From 1991-1998, he was President of the Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Sydney. Between 1979 and 1999 he was at various times the national and state presidents (NSW and WA) of the United Nations Association of Australia. In 1999 he was made a Life Member of the UN Association.
His latest book is “In Defence of Globalization” (University of New South Wales Press, 2001). In 1986: International Year of Peace, he was awarded the Australian Government’s Peace Medal. In 1994, he was voted “Australian Communicator of the Year”.

link for above: www.pol.mq.edu.au...

For those unfamiliar with the Club of Rome, here is one exert from Alan Watt, of www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com, discussing the Club of Rome on Red Ice Creations radio last week.

Hendrik: This strange weather seems to be spreading globally, it seems to be very fitting with the agenda of changing weather patterns and climate change and of course, as you say, there is this speculation that this isn’t natural and that it’s implemented from above and that this is weather manipulation in order to drive us further into the belief that this is man-made global warming and it is all our fault.

Alan Watt: Yes there’s the Club of Rome, which is one of the top global think-tanks that work for the global elite. They put a book out in the 1970s called “The First Global Revolution”, written by the two founders of the think-tank. These were the guys who gave us all the terminology to use for global warming, and in that book they said – and everyone should really get a copy of this – they said that they sat round thinking of ways to unite the world and get the people to give up their rights and be managed by the expert society.
And they discussed all possibilities, such as could they use the alien space invasion theory to terrify the public and create a common enemy to unify the planet, but eventually, the author says, they hit upon the idea of causing climatic changes by using sciences and then convincing the public that they [the public] were causing the problem so that mankind would see himself as the actual enemy of the world. So that’s in their own publication, their own book, called “The First Global Revolution”, put out and published by the Club of Rome who, once again, are the top think-tank for world strategy on the global level. They get their ideas out to the other think-tanks who then must implement it and market it into our minds through the media – so that’s all from the horses mouth.

So, we know that the Global Warming agenda is closely linked with the Rothschild clan, i'm also now thinking that, because of Suter's constant name dropping, that Al Gore is either Rothschild linked or a member of Club of Rome. Is this new information on any level??

But apart from that, what does everyone think about Suter teaching International Relations? I don’t like it one bit.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by srsen]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I think its a great opportunity to grill him on the hard questions, but in a responsible and polite manner.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
yeah me too, but my friend is reluctant to do that fearing her grades could be affected. i suggested we make up some subtle t-shirts for her to wear...

hmmmm what would we ask though.. so many questiosn, but so hard to ask what you would really what.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Why does it have to be a huge conspiracy? Perhaps he is teaching there because.

DUM DUM DUM

He's qualified to do so?

What right does a member of the global strategy think-tank, the Club of Rome, have teaching students?

He's a human, so he has every right.

What right do you have to accuse him of such things?

Does this not ring bells with other ATSers?? This guy is spreading his agenda in an educational institution and it just doesn’t sit well with me.

No, it doesnt ring bells at all.

Ask your friend whether he is a good lecturer. Does he assess the topic fairly and communicate this knowledge to others well?

That is what you need to know.

So, we know that the Global Warming agenda is closely linked with the Rothschild clan

Um, no we dont. We have someones opinion on the matter. No real evidence.

But apart from that, what does everyone think about Suter teaching International Relations? I don’t like it one bit.

Your not in the class, are you?

again, ask your friend those questions.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Why does it have to be a huge conspiracy? Perhaps he is teaching there because.

DUM DUM DUM

He's qualified to do so?

No, it doesnt ring bells at all.

Ask your friend whether he is a good lecturer. Does he assess the topic fairly and communicate this knowledge to others well?

That is what you need to know.

So, we know that the Global Warming agenda is closely linked with the Rothschild clan

again, ask your friend those questions i told you

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Double post, figures...

Did it occur to you at all, Australians might not want someone like this teaching in their universities ?

Frankly, if I were a student at that uni, I would start a movement to have that person removed from lecturing because of his bias...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
How about asking what role he thinks the European monarchies should play in the EU and a hypothesised world government. And then how about the Vatican.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Valid points, Shar

I would suspect, without claiming 100% that the man is indeed a globalist looking at his past/current affiliations...

Perhaps he believes in his heart of hearts total globalisation together with its massive population reduction is the way to go...If he truly believes this, tho, I dont think the man should be teaching at a tertiary level...

Perhaps he should seek a position at the several pro globalisation think tanks throughout Australia...

ipa.org.au anyone ??

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Rilence]

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Rilence]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't think harassing these folks out of tertiary education is constructive, but engage them for sure. I'd really just take it as an opportunity to better understand the headspace (& soulspace) of the globalist elites. I'd be fair dinkum hammering the guy with questions, he'd prolly resign jsut to escape me lol. Better yet, let's figure out a way to haul his ass onto ATS for some explanations

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus

umm perhpas the fact that i am not ACCUSING but stating fact. he tells his students he is Club of Rome! he advertises the fact!

He tells his students that 911 was carried out by bored muslims and he attempts to force his globalist agenda on them by repeating the virtues of globalism. this is NOT the sign of a good lecturer.

Personally, IMO, i think there is enough evidence to say it is true. You WOULD be right if there wasnt published books by Club of Rome stating they created concepts such as global warming; and you WOULD be right if every researcher on the topic of the Rothschilds and Club of Rome didnt come to the same conclusion - that they collude to push the global warming agenda; but there is and they do, so thats evidence enough for me.

again, ask your friend those questions.

No, i never said i was in the class, my friend however is and doesnt like his teaching style. It pushes his agenda too heavily and says downright laughable things like his bored Muslim comment.

Originally posted by Rilence
Did it occur to you at all, Australians might not want someone like this teaching in their universities ?

Frankly, if I were a student at that uni, I would start a movement to have that person removed from lecturing because of his bias...

This is exactly what i suggested but with pressure to suceed in this day and age, no-one is game enough to challenge him and try to oust him, for fear that grades will suffer. Also this guy obviously has some serious connections - would you want to be the one who got him fired?? hehe i wouldnt!

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
How about asking what role he thinks the European monarchies should play in the EU and a hypothesised world government. And then how about the Vatican.

My friend said she is more than happy to ask him subtle questions that wont get her on his bad list, i'll throw this one at her and see what she says!!

But i agree, this IS a chance to try to get through the mask he puts on everyday and really try to find out what makes someone like this tick. My friend said that if the class was in a "normal lecture room" i could easily get in and ask whatever the hell i wanted, but frustratingly it apparetnly isn't, so no chance for that.

Seriously tho, i'll write that question down Shar and see if she'll ask him!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
double post but i think its worth it.

Just wanted to post an email response i got from reseacher Alan Watt on this topic. Alan could be with us in the forum today, so here's the response he prepared earlier

an email from Alan Watt

The COR (Club of Rome) was set up as the primary think tank to come up with ideas to unite the world under a common threat. They invented global warming, thus making man the main enemy to sustainable development, another of their terms.

They claim man has always had enemies and wars, the latter allowing great cohesion of people with a common purpose. They seek globalism, therefore they need a common enemy to keep people obedient under a guiding elite.

They are a branch of the RIIA (The Royal Institute of International Affairs). They also teach a form of indoctrination to each generation, convincing them by selective facts of the necessity of scientists and experts running their lives. They pass on their ideas to marketing firms which write "scientific" essays which they pass on to regular media to repeat to the public.

Anyone at that level of tutorship will be a freemason.

For Sutor, I am sure you will find a bio on him obtainable from the University, listing his associations.

All the best,
Alan

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I get that he says...

He's in the Club of Rome... But I must ask, what is the Club of Rome? Second, what does that have to do with Freemasons, and what makes you think he is one?

Sources?

[edit on 20/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Double post, figures...

I noticed you made me a foe a few days ago.

I just thought it was funny cause i never even knew your name till you did so.

Even then i didnt know what caused it.

Eh, i dont care really.

Did it occur to you that i am typing this FROM AUSTRALIA?!

Let me tell you something. If every single source you read was unbiased, you cant actually glean much information from it, you know.

people NEED biased viewpoints so they can see perspectives. Being in the middle means you cant see on the edges.

I would suspect, without claiming 100% that the man is indeed a globalist looking at his past/current affiliations...

From my beliefs i seem to be a globalist..does that make me EViL!!!11!?!!!

Perhaps he believes in his heart of hearts total globalisation together with its massive population reduction is the way to go

I have asked 17 people so far on this board to give me proof about this alleged 'population reduction'. i Have had zero replies.

...If he truly believes this, tho, I dont think the man should be teaching at a tertiary level...

Would you rather he teach in high school? Where the kids are encouraged NOT to think for themselves?

University is a different place.

umm perhpas the fact that i am not ACCUSING but stating fact. he tells his students he is Club of Rome! he advertises the fact!

And does that make him evil? Or heartless? Or without concience?

He tells his students that 911 was carried out by bored muslims and he attempts to force his globalist agenda on them by repeating the virtues of globalism. this is NOT the sign of a good lecturer.

hehehe, your wrong. Its the sign of a lecturer who doesnt agree with you. This does NOT make him bad.

Personally, IMO, i think there is enough evidence to say it is true. You WOULD be right if there wasnt published books by Club of Rome stating they created concepts such as global warming; and you WOULD be right if every researcher on the topic of the Rothschilds and Club of Rome didnt come to the same conclusion - that they collude to push the global warming agenda; but there is and they do, so thats evidence enough for me.

im just not even going to argue this point. If you believe books like that blindly then you will never meet the requirement for evidence.

No, i never said i was in the class, my friend however is and doesnt like his teaching style. It pushes his agenda too heavily and says downright laughable things like his bored Muslim comment.

Yeah...laughable...perhaps it was a joke?

Not everyone in the world is deeply serious?

This is exactly what i suggested but with pressure to suceed in this day and age, no-one is game enough to challenge him and try to oust him, for fear that grades will suffer.

wow, you know lecturers cant do that, anyway. Where will the grades be taken off?

Sorry, your not making sense.

Also this guy obviously has some serious connections - would you want to be the one who got him fired?? hehe i wouldnt!

Of course not, that would be heartless.

Just wanted to post an email response i got from reseacher Alan Watt on this topic

Who is Alan Watt?

I seriously distrust him with statements like this:

"Anyone at that level of tutorship will be a freemason."

He's in the Club of Rome... But I must ask, what is the Club of Rome? Second, what does hat have to do with Freemasons, and what makes you think he is one?

Sources?

Its an organisation...which means it MUST BE EVIL!!!!11!

(according to wacko people, i mean.)

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
He's in the Club of Rome... But I must ask, what is the Club of Rome? Second, what does that have to do with Freemasons, and what makes you think he is one?

Sources?
[edit on 20/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

no problem, here is link from www.abc.net.au - a very reputable mainstream televisioin network in Australia - that confirm's Suter is COR member:

www.abc.net.au... - quote from that site below, explaing the Club of Rome.

"Limits to Growth" was commissioned by The Club of Rome, a thinktank of scientists, economists, businesspeople, international civil servants, and politicians from the five continents. The Club began in an informal way at the behest of Aurelio Peccei, an Italian businessperson based in Rome. In 1965, Peccei gave a speech on the dramatic changes taking place in the world, especially relating to science and technology. The speech attracted considerable attention.

This is the official line regarding the COR - however COR has been repeatedly linked to the Rothschild clan and exactly what Alan Watt said about them - that THEY are behind the global warming push in recent times.

NB: I am currently at work and dont have time to do a full-on research source finding mission

OK, so on limited time and a quick search, i can find no actual proof of Suter's membership with the Freemason's - anyone have any more time or knowledge on this? All i can say is that i find he is accused of being a Freemason all over the net by many different people.

Perhaps my friend could ask him... Although i doubt she'd have the guts too!

But at the VERY least, he IS in Club of Rome, who do have power and influence on world events. i just dont think a person who is a member of a pro-globalisation organisation should be teaching International Relations. At the very least its a conflict of interest wouldn't you think?

And does that (being Club Of Rome) make him evil? Or heartless? Or without concience?

Well, IMO, it makes him a totally inappropriate and unwise choice for a lecturer of International Relations. COR are not the perfect, caring organisation they make themselves out to be. IF they were really concerned with sustainibility, etc then they would remove the barriers currently preventing zero point energy and the like from being released to the public - its all a charade!!

hehehe, your wrong. Its the sign of a lecturer who doesnt agree with you. This does NOT make him bad.

No, its not. Look at it, seriously look at it. It's not right that he pushes his agendas and opinions on his students!! Thats not what teaching is about!

Yeah...laughable...perhaps it was a joke?

Not everyone in the world is deeply serious?

umm, no, it was not a joke. My friend was there when he said it and everyone just looked at eachother in disbelief that he had really just said something so stupid. She even came home from Uni that day and told us bout her lecturer who said this and actually meant it. It was weeks later we found out her lecturer was COR.

wow, you know lecturers cant do that, anyway. Where will the grades be taken off?
Sorry, your not making sense.

Well, you go tell my friend this. You put yourself in that class and you try to have the guts to question him. You wouldnt do it. No-one would, because you would fear for your grades - its a nomral reaction to questioning/challenging your teacher. its a simple truth. Whether they have the power to do it or not is irrelevant.

Who is Alan Watt?

Do some research, he has been researcher for MANY years. Very well known in the research community and to many ATS members.

Its an organisation...which means it MUST BE EVIL!!!!11!

(according to wacko people, i mean.)

Once again, do some research.

Oh, if you're going to label people "wacko" who think outside the square, look beyond mainstream media for their information and consider possibilities which Sheeple never would, then i think you should leave ATS and never return. IMO - you've just insulted every person on here

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

This is the official line regarding the COR - however COR has been repeatedly linked to the Rothschild clan and exactly what Alan Watt said about them - that THEY are behind the global warming push in recent times.

So the Club of Rome has that wonderfully noble goal (not sarcasm) but is only REPORTED to have links with The Rothschild (boo hiss etc *rolls eyes*)

All i can say is that i find he is accused of being a Freemason all over the net by many different people.

How many people have been accused of this? Seriously?!

But at the VERY least, he IS in Club of Rome, who do have power and influence on world events.

I would prefer to have a lecturer who actuall has an influence on world politics.

i just dont think a person who is a member of a pro-globalisation organisation should be teaching International Relations. At the very least its a conflict of interest wouldn't you think?

No, of course not. My Rome lecturer loves Rome, he isnt interested in 'history from below' (as im not interested in either). Should that make him unfit to teach? of course it doesnt.

Well, IMO, it makes him a totally inappropriate and unwise choice for a lecturer of International Relations

Your dodging my question.

COR are not the perfect, caring organisation they make themselves out to be. IF they were really concerned with sustainibility, etc then they would remove the barriers currently preventing zero point energy and the like from being released to the public - its all a charade!!

Proof?

No, its not. Look at it, seriously look at it. It's not right that he pushes his agendas and opinions on his students!! Thats not what teaching is about![/quote[

he is teaching his personal view on international relations. That is EXACTLY what teaching is. A teacher telling his or her experiences to a class. Teaching from a textbook just produces dullards.

Anyway, his agendas? Are you claiming to be psychic?

\
umm, no, it was not a joke. My friend was there when he said it and everyone just looked at eachother in disbelief that he had really just said something so stupid.

A bad joke then?

Well, you go tell my friend this. You put yourself in that class and you try to have the guts to question him. You wouldnt do it. No-one would, because you would fear for your grades

I ask questions and challenge my lecturers when i need to. I dont see a need so i wouldnt bother.

its a nomral reaction to questioning/challenging your teacher. its a simple truth. Whether they have the power to do it or not is irrelevant.

Pfff, its not normal. its cowardly with no basis in real life.

Do some research, he has been researcher for MANY years. Very well known in the research community and to many ATS members.

hmph, ive only ever seen what he said above, and i dont like/trust him already.

Oh, if you're going to label people "wacko" who think outside the square, look beyond mainstream media for their information and consider possibilities which Sheeple never would, then i think you should leave ATS and never return. IMO - you've just insulted every person on here

Hehehe, so im insulting people because i have different views?

Sorry...someone needs to learn about Tolerance

Anyway, Mainstream media? I get the stories from my sister who is in the buisness.

Every time people slag off the mainstream media i get annoyed because i know its not true.

You telling me to leave is just moronic. Simply because if people like me wernt here all you people would do is blindly believe any conspiracy put forward.

You using the term 'sheeple' just shows how arrogent you really are. That term is used when conspiracy wackos feel they are better than everyone else.

I consider the world frequently. These organisations which everyone here touts is part of the NWO just cant exist. The plans you attribute to them are far too complicated to be regulated by any single agency.

Even if they do exist, they have nowhere near the power you believe them to be.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

So the Club of Rome has that wonderfully noble goal (not sarcasm) but is only REPORTED to have links with The Rothschild (boo hiss etc *rolls eyes*)

i dont think we are going to get signed affidavits from those involved, so until then all links will be 'reported' until the horse's mouth starts to talk.

I would prefer to have a lecturer who actuall has an influence on world politics.

You may prefer this, but i certainly do not in this case and i know im not alone. your example of a Rome lecturer liking Rome is ridiculous and cannot be compared to a COR globalist teaching International Relations.

And you're wrong, it is NOT a teachers job to push agendas onto others. Yes, pepper a class with life experience by all means, spice it up with non-text book lesons, by DO NOT try to force your agendas on to others, especially students and especially when the lecturer is someone like Keith Suter - its just wrong and i wont change my mind on this point.

and you wanted proof on the COR not pushing zero point energy technology... seriously? how do i NOT prove this? when did you last see Energy Australia advertising its Telsa-technology and zero point energy plan?? Sorry, but proof is certainly not needed on this.

Anyway, his agendas? Are you claiming to be psychic?

By 'his' i mean his COR affilated agenda - he admits he is pro-globalisation and he admits to his COR membership. He debates with students the virtues of globaisation based on HIS beliefs - this is not a tool for learning in my opinion.

Pfff, its not normal. its cowardly with no basis in real life.

hmph, ive only ever seen what he said above, and i dont like/trust him already.

i know this isn't an arguement, but really.

Hehehe, so im insulting people because i have different views?

Sorry...someone needs to learn about Tolerance

No, you're insulting people by calling them wacko. yes, thats an insult, and no, i wont have tolerance for that. Coming onto ATS and yelling 'wacko' from the rooftops is a prime example of intolernace actually.

You telling me to leave is just moronic. Simply because if people like me wernt here all you people would do is blindly believe any conspiracy put forward.

Yes, moronic. right.

By the way, i actually agree - ATS would be nothing if there were no opposing opinions and people asking questions - i love a good EDUCATED debate.
but you coming here and insulting people as wackos and morons and asking for proof isnt an argument or debate doesnt add anything of value to this community. you are not putting forward any real arguements or information and quite frankly i would like to see some from you at this point. you have given me nothing except empty disagreement.

and finally, i have never said the NWO is a single agency. I'm actually not so sure the NWO agenda is on the table anymore. More likely that title has been passed onto the EU, which is more likely to be used a central hub for a world government now. I dont refer to the NWO, i refer to the Illuminati - the ruling elite, the power bloodlines which pull the strings and finance oh so much. They are not "one single agency", they are myriad agencies which work together in very covert and compartmentalised manners to get their agendas pushed.

Point in case - a COR member lecturing International Relations students.

Even if they do exist, they have nowhere near the power you believe them to be.

proof?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

i dont think we are going to get signed affidavits from those involved, so until then all links will be 'reported' until the horse's mouth starts to talk.

And thus, they are unreliable. So then we cannot believe it.

its just wrong and i wont change my mind on this point.

And this proves that you didnt want discussion when you posted this topic here, you just wanted praise.

seriously? how do i NOT prove this? when did you last see Energy Australia advertising its Telsa-technology and zero point energy plan?? Sorry, but proof is certainly not needed on this.

Everything requires proof. That is why im an atheist cause i only trust things that can be understood. Not things that happen "Oh, because he's god"

he admits he is pro-globalisation and he admits to his COR membership. He debates with students the virtues of globaisation based on HIS beliefs

yes, you already quoted to me what COR was about,

"Limits to Growth" was commissioned by The Club of Rome, a thinktank of scientists, economists, businesspeople, international civil servants, and politicians from the five continents. The Club began in an informal way at the behest of Aurelio Peccei, an Italian businessperson based in Rome. In 1965, Peccei gave a speech on the dramatic changes taking place in the world, especially relating to science and technology. The speech attracted considerable attention.

Why cant he be proud of such an organisation?

Anyway, when you are debating something, whos beliefs do you use? Your own of course.

Rolling eye bull#

Roll your eyes all you like, but if your afraid of a lecturer then you definatly have something wrong. Especially when you KNOW you cant have your marks affected.

i know this isn't an arguement, but really.

eh, you can believe these people all you want.

No, you're insulting people by calling them wacko. yes, thats an insult, and no, i wont have tolerance for that. Coming onto ATS and yelling 'wacko' from the rooftops is a prime example of intolernace actually.

Intolerance*

Anyway, i dont do this to everyone. Just the ones which dont have basis in reality/site themselves as sources/are morons

but you coming here and insulting people as wackos and morons and asking for proof isnt an argument or debate doesnt add anything of value to this community.

yeah i know! How dare i ask for proof!

Proof adds nothing to debate at all!

you have given me nothing except empty disagreement.

Oh no its disagreement of the pure kind.

proof?

easy. Read through every single site concerned with the NWO and put every single thing attributed to them in one table.

go on, do it

Everything seems to get attributed to the new world order! From anti smoking laws to new ID cards.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Just for some perspective, the Club of Rome does actually exist. It has pioneered the sustainable environment agenda since the early 70s and can be considered a leading proponent of such ideas, so linking them to the Global Warming thinktank is not too much of a stretch imo.

According to wiki: The current President is Prince El Hassan bin Talal of Jordan. Other active members include: Benjamin Bassin, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, Juan Luis Cebrian, Orio Giarini, Talal Halman, Fernando Henrique Cardoso, Javier Solana, Mugur Isărescu , Kamal Hossain, Esko Kalimo, Ashok Khosla, Martin Lees, Roberto Peccei, Maria Ramirez Ribes, Victor A. Sadovnichy, Adam Schaff, Keith Suter, Majid Tehranian, Raoul Weiler, Anders Wijkman, and Mikhail Gorbachev.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Octavius, this tit-for-tat type of banter isnt really contributing anything of substance to this thread. When i started this thread i was after people's opinions on the subject of having a COR member teaching at a University. You have given your opinion that you think it is fine, so fine, i will accept it as such.

But the manner in which you have conducted yourself isn't really in the spirit of ATS. When i say you are simply insulting people and asking for proof, i dont mean that asking for proof is wrong, i mean that it is very easy to say "where's the proof" to everything and then give no real counter argument on which an educated debate can ensue. you have attempted to attack me and claim i am a wacko and a moron and used purely myself as a source, when clearly this is not the case, and quite frankly i dont really want to watse my time on this childish name calling any more.

You even go so far as to say i dont have my basis in reality which makes no sense. There is no doubt that COR exists, that Suter said he is a member himself and that he is a lecturer - how much more real can this topic get???

Your NWO arguements make no sense either. When i say bring something to the table, provide something which we can truely discuss, you throw some comment about reading through "every single site concerned with the NWO" and how everything from anti smoking laws to new ID cards gets attributed to the NWO - well that's fine, you can think that. But what did it have to do with the COR and this topic?

Thanks for the contribution, but i'm over being called moronic, wacko and whatever other insults you threw in there.

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
Just for some perspective, the Club of Rome does actually exist. It has pioneered the sustainable environment agenda since the early 70s and can be considered a leading proponent of such ideas, so linking them to the Global Warming thinktank is not too much of a stretch imo.

That was my point exactly Shar.

There is no doubt that ever since Suter's buddy, Al Gore, jumped on the global warming band wagon that the entire movement moved into the mainstream and has since been rammed down our throats like there's no tomorrow (pun intended). 2007 has seen a definite ramping up of the push on global warming and i'll be interested to see where it goes from here.

Perhpas Suter has an opinion on this. I have no doubt he does. Damn, REALLY wish i could get in that lecture room!

[edit on 21-8-2007 by srsen]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Octavius, this tit-for-tat type of banter isnt really contributing anything of substance to this thread.

Well it takes two tits to tat

But the manner in which you have conducted yourself isn't really in the spirit of ATS.

What? Im being logical. Whenever you make some kind of allegation you need to back it up with proof.

You want to say he's pushing his agenda? Tell me how is he doing this? What did he say which made you think he is pushing an agenda, and not simply expressing a viewpoint.

i mean that it is very easy to say "where's the proof" to everything and then give no real counter argument on which an educated debate can ensue.

It is easy, i would prefer more of a challenge but how can someone have a debate with no proof?

You have a person who is part of an organisation teaching at a university. Not exactly a crime.

But when you start accusing him of things you need to back them up with evidence.

you have attempted to attack me and claim i am a wacko and a moron and used purely myself as a source

Actually, no. The last one is just something i see alot of around here. Im sorry that you took it personally.

There is no doubt that COR exists, that Suter said he is a member himself and that he is a lecturer - how much more real can this topic get???

I never doubted that it exists! i never said that. If it was construed that way then i must have expressed myself badly. What i am saying is that to claim you know the aims of said organisation, and saying that they are in some way 'evil' or linked to globalisation (they arnt the same) you need evidence.

When i say bring something to the table, provide something which we can truely discuss, you throw some comment about reading through "every single site concerned with the NWO" and how everything from anti smoking laws to new ID cards gets attributed to the NWO - well that's fine, you can think that. But what did it have to do with the COR and this topic?

You asked me for proof of what i was saying. At that point i was saying that the NWO theory has become too large, and too many things are attributed to it.

Thanks for the contribution, but i'm over being called moronic, wacko and whatever other insults you threw in there.

Ive been over seeing people insulted on this site (not other people on the site usually. But when people just insinuate someone is part of the NWO, and therefore they are 'evil') for a long time. That is why i always ask for proof.

Ive asked for proof of the NWO plan to reduce the world population. No one has replied. Im still waiting on this 'evidence'

Perhpas Suter has an opinion on this. I have no doubt he does. Damn, REALLY wish i could get in that lecture room!

Sydney university may be a tad old fashioned but im sure they record the lectures.

most universities do.

The Center for Millennial Studies was founded at Boston University in 1996 by Professor Richard Landes, a mediaevalist who had devoted most of his working life to the social effects of calendrical shift to the year 1000. With branches at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and now at the University of Sydney, the Center has at its foci of attention heightened religious expectations about cosmic transformation around the year 2000, the cross-cultural nature of 'millenarian-type' anticipations, the plethora of visions of a new and juster society (whether global or national), the social implications of the Y2K 'Millennium Bug,' and the secularization of the 'millennial awareness' in such an event as the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.

This is the section of the University of Sydneys website the Suter is affiliated with.

Now, dont you think with that in mind that having a globalist on the team would help have a well rounded viewpoint on the subject?

The centre is dedicated to the collecting and purveying of information concerning the transition into the third millennium

Look what the centre focuses on.

* Origins of the millennial idea
* Doomsdaying
* Visions for the future
* Case studies in the Asia Pacific region
* Millennium & popular culture

www.arts.usyd.edu.au...

So, here is my proof.

The section Keith Sutor is teaching in is concerned with visions of the future. It concerns itself not with grim outcomes as much as it does Utopias.

Now, how would a faculty with such a goal work without a Globalist?

Thank you, and goodnight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join