It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
Was there an encounter in the backyard..is it looming/appearing there,why the Red Man drawing?

and that is the part of the story that i cant figure out.
surely the boy would be afraid of "the outside" and not just the back yard.

thank you qonone for being on the same level
i was starting to think it was only me.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Texas_Longhorn

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn
As to the picture, I think I may have used photoshop to resize if it that means anything. I understand where you guys are coming from though, so I'll try to help anyone I can in clearing things like this up.

So the drawing was done by hand by your son? In what medium? I am also interested as to the screen name of your psychologist friend. Perhaps you can have him come to the thread and discuss with us?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The story sounds believable. I didn't read all the posts.
This is what I think of the image after analyzing it.
The image is drawn on a scanned image of a blank piece of paper that's magnified or a fraction of a modified image of the sky. The red creature and the background are two separate layers (red creature was cut and pasted from a possible separate drawing). Bitmap compression does not fit the compression of the red creature. The black object seems it was masked with a feather effect before being pasted and edges blurred. Very bottom of the image between the two feet and extending to the bottom part of the hand seems a separate compression from a outside source and does not fit the jpeg compression of the background.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by rodebert]

[edit on 20-8-2007 by rodebert]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I just did this quick sketch using builders/pavement chalk. I then scanned it using HP 1315 all in one scanner. I opened it in microsoft picture manager and reduced it to send to photobucket.

Would someone (independant of me) analyse it in the same way as you did the kids drawing and see what we come up with.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Tip of the day: look more into the Varginha incident, Varginha being a small town on the center of Brazil. The Alien being that was seen was reportedly red as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocket4ce
Tip of the day: look more into the Varginha incident, Varginha being a small town on the center of Brazil. The Alien being that was seen was reportedly red as well.

sorry Pocket4ce
you have lost me here....
this explains what, we have more than one red alien running around or they are the same alien..

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Here's a close-up of Havalon's chalk drawing...
farm2.static.flickr.com...
Don't see any straight lines even though its pixelated like, aw heck. The closeup I took is from the "alien's" left shoulder and bottom of head. Hope this helps somehow! Andy

PS sorry, I don't know how to embed images yet! I'll work on that!

Well, crap, its tiny! I need to re-size it! Sorry...Edit

[edit on 20-8-2007 by drumist69]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon
I just did this quick sketch using builders/pavement chalk. I then scanned it using HP 1315 all in one scanner. I opened it in microsoft picture manager and reduced it to send to photobucket.

Would someone (independant of me) analyse it in the same way as you did the kids drawing and see what we come up with.

I did not do the OP's pic but is this what you were trying to show on pixelazation?

In PS & sized up 500% then another 200% in paint..i ain't nooo PS expert

[edit on 8/20/2007 by qonone]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by qonone

Even though the pixels obviously "fade out" in that pic, it would depend on what it was drawn with, I'd assume.

Chalk is...incoherent, somewhat.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
100% agree with you Kacen ..

Maybe the one who PS'd the OP's would do this in the same manner and take what you said in consideration,i truly am no expert in PS so would be good to see the same person doing this one.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This thread reads like many threads on ATS.

1. guy posts a story
2. initial belief, thread grows and stays on top attracting more people
3. debunkers show up and attack the story / OP
4. OP disappears
5. No one to attack so debunkers attack believers and believers attack debunkers
6. most people leave no longer willing to read tons of crap
7. story dies without any resolution and is declared a hoax by some

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
My apologies as well for jumping to quick conclusions.

I failed to look at the last time the OP had post when I posted, but there had been nearly 6 full pages between the two, so i figured, it had been a long time. Not just overnight. My apologies. He also seemed very worried, so I figured he's check the thread as often as possible.

Also have we concluded the red being in the picture is an alien? Or could it be the son, with an uphappy face because of the saucer? I mean the figure being red is strange, but 7 year olds use all sorts of colors to color people in. Three fingers....most cartoon characters have only 3 or 4 fingers.

So could we get an answer if thats your boy in the picture, or an alien encounter. VERY important.

Very sorry for jumping all over you TLH, it's just all the hoaxes going on around here as of late, but you wouldn't know of that being just directed here(I'm a brand new member myself, and it's already blown me away the amount of time people spend getting a good laugh at others expenses, or whatever reason they do things, who knows), but I guess each thread(case/sighting) needs to be treated as it's own.

My apologies once again TLH. Hope you find some quick/easy resolution to this for your son's sake.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
reply to post by Texas_Longhorn

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn
As to the picture, I think I may have used photoshop to resize if it that means anything. I understand where you guys are coming from though, so I'll try to help anyone I can in clearing things like this up.

So the drawing was done by hand by your son? In what medium? I am also interested as to the screen name of your psychologist friend. Perhaps you can have him come to the thread and discuss with us?

It was done using water colours on this thick type of paper. I got a book for him because the water colours would leak through the normal white paper.

The therapist is only in Tuesdays and Thrusdays, so I'll pop in tomorrow and talk to him about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I am very experienced with computers and I am 100% sure that that picture is drawed using a computer. It's not a scan with bad resolution or anything like that. And if the OP suggest otherwise he/she sure is lying!

Here are some examples that you just can't get if you scan a drawing:

Completely straight lines.
The pixels doesn't fade at all!

And this is how a real scanned drawing looks like at the same places:

No straight lines anywhere.
The pixels does fade in a natural way.

So why it's even still discussed wonders me...

But maybe the scanned picture have gone through a pretty insanely weird filter so it looks like this, I would like more information about this from the user who posted it. Texas_Longhorn how did this happen? Which software did you use in the process?

[edit on 2007/8/20 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I want to make two points here.

1.) These beings have the ability to also control and put the fear in animals so they will not attack them.
2.) This being may not be red he may just be wearing red. I had an experience where he was wearing what looked like a red space suit. Some beings can breathe thin air and others can not breathe our air at all because there is to much oxygen in our air.

We need to give this Dad a break and see what he tells us, don't be to quick to judge until you have all the pieces then see if they fit or if they don't.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

the pixels in your drawing match evenly over the white and pink surface. I can even see the edges of your scanner. This is very different from the picture of the red creature.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

maybe the color of the creature has nothing to do with it IRL since the kid possibly chose to draw with red media since that was his favorite color.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sorry thought I'd add this. I'm not sure who the red man is supposed to be. Like I said, he told me he just started to draw and this is what he made.

I went through a dozen or so comics on his desk and there was nothing even remotely close to the redman in it, so I really am at a loss to figure out where the idea came to him.

As for him getting the idea from me, I would be really surprised. My interest to UFO's has always been limited to catching a documentary now or then on television. They usually air them later-ish at night, so my son wouldn't be awake because we get him to bed pretty early.

I'll talk to him more in depth on our fishing trip though.

Oh I asked him if I could have some of his pictures to show you guys, and he is really excitied and he's drawing some just for you.

Look for those either tomorrow or the next day.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by promomag

A drawing.....not a film picture.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TrappedSoul

If if wouldn't be drawn with the use of a computer what else?! Even though one has faded pixels and the other does not could mean one used anti-aliasing and other didn't, but the picture of the red creature leans more towards a cut then non anti-alias brush stroke.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join