It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If i were an american R&D laboratory creating a flying saucer, i could think of no more patriotic way to paint a prototype than as the 'captain america' shield... And if anyone sees it in the sky, i could claim they have been watching too many cartoons!

The motion you describe it typical of many UFO sightings, and lets face it, lockheed (i think it was them) did achieve a flying saucer years ago, although it was unstable and inoperable above around 3 feet altitude. The Eurofighter Typhoon could not fly without its complex computer control system, so it's perfectly possible that such an object exists, using new technology to stay airborne. As for noise, have the object/s ever passed DIRECTLY over you? Can you be sure if they have? Many modern military helicopters can only be heard by observers underneath their rotors.

To sum up; your story is plausible (although, purely for the sake of argument, admittedly easily faked) and i wish you every success in making your back garden habitable for boy and beast again - as well as identifying the UFOs... Man, that picture was chilling - worthy of Dakota Fanning in War of the Worlds!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
These debunkers need to stop acting like little children and wait for the OP to respond. If he really is from Canada, an admin can check his IP address and figure out if he's telling the truth about that. If he is, then we can wait for a response from the OP and go from there. If we don't get a response from the OP, then we just wait for a day or two and move on to the next thread. There's no need for this thread to turn into another thousand post thread of mindless babbling.

If the OP's IP address does not match where he said he's from, then he's probably lying about the rest, too (unless he's using a proxy). I think we should just wait for the OP to return instead of analyzing the picture endlessly.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I honestly don't think that anyone is acting like a child. Everyone has be courteous and looked at the information provided in an analytical way. Earlier on, I thought the same - I actually used the word 'over-anylysing' - but in retrospect I have become convinced that I was knocked off kilter by the emotional aspects to the story. These 'dubunkers' - which is a term with terribly negative connotations, have simply looked at things in a detatched way - which is surely essential if ufology is gain any kind of mainstream recognition.

My hat goes off to them for what they have done on this one.

If, by some miracle, this turns out to be something else, which I'm sure will never be proved either way, I will stand corrected.

But, as I say, based on the cold facts presented: it doesn't add up.

peace

edited for being unable to write coherent inglish

[edit on 20-8-2007 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Plenty of people, after seeing Psycho, were afraid of taking a shower. Plenty more, after seeing JAWS were afraid of swimming at the beach.

They feared showers and beaches and psychos and sharks, Bo Xian, not movie screens. [edit on 20-8-2007 by Tuning Spork]

Spork, the boy was very clear: it was something outside in the backyard that he saw/experienced. He said nothing about the TV. If he'd been frightened by something on TV, he would have said so. Children are quite capable of telling a parent what they fear.

Children and animals sometimes see things that others don't. They don't have the years of denial responses built up yet, such as saying to themselves "That couldn't be a UFO". They're more open to such things. I would trust my son and the dog and work from there. I do think it's important to try to find out how deep the experience was, IOW, did he see an alien, did it touch him, or possibly abduct him?
I feel for you, and I hope your little boy is able to work through his fear. Good thing he has the dog for an ally/companion, I think kids need that when they're scared.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this Texas Longhorn,I agree with the posters who say to inspect your backyard very closely.Also did you check your son for markings or scars?I hope that your boy is okay,it definitely seems as something spooked him.I wish you luck and keep us posted.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I guess I am one of the people referred to as attacking the 'shrink'. I was trying to clarify why certain ideas were considered meaningless and not worth investigating even though there was no mention of information supporting either side. These were not considered possible simple solutions to investigate but a child being buzzed by UFOs and ETs is the simple solution. If it were my child I would investigate many avenues trying to find the truth.

Are we to take everything said at face value when beliefs and observations can be misleading or wrong.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Wow I wasn't expecting this type of response, I have only read through about 5 pages before I posted again so forgive me if I missed anything.

Firstly, thank you to the people giving me suggestions. I've started to double check everything my son watches on TV to see if there is anything like this.

As to the picture, I think I may have used photoshop to resize if it that means anything. I understand where you guys are coming from though, so I'll try to help anyone I can in clearing things like this up.

Ok about my brother. My brother moved here about 3 years before me and was the person who got me my job. He lives a couple towns over if anyone was wondering.

We are going fishing this weekend (Me and my Son) and I'll use that as an opportunity to ask him some of the questions suggested to me by some of you.

I'll ask him if to see some more of his pictures of other stuff, like someone asked, and try to get them up here ASAP.

Does this site have like a messaging system? If it does and anyone has any really burning questions they want answered just send me a message.

I'll be back after dinner to read the rest of your responses

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Although I don't feel this story is true, my children use paint to draw pictures all the time and waste tons of paper printing them out. Not saying it is, but this could be the case here. What does puzzle me is that the child said he saw flying shields, but draws a picture of an alien out of the "shield". That suggests a third type encounter and possible botched abduction that the OP totally left out of the story.

The dog confuses me also. Not sure how a dog would react to a real alien but Id have to say they would be more aggressive. My lil pooch (rip) would go after bears in upper Michigan without hesitation or fear. Seems to me if a predator such as an alien was lurking about the dog would defend his territory. This is purely speculative on my part because Ive never had the good fortune of witnessing anything like what has been told here.

I swear you guys are the biggest group of pit bulls I've ever seen in my life. May God have mercy on the poor guy who tries to slip one past the ATS crew! Cudo's!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You should definitely, without a doubt, contact MUFON and have an investigator or two visit you and check this out!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I am from Hamilton, Ontario which is about a 45 minute drive to Toronto.
I goto Toronto often maybe about 3 times a week(because of family).
I am intrigued about UFOs and such, so I am always looking up on my free
time hoping to get a glance of a flying saucer or something.
For the past 5 years that I have been looking at the sky in Hamilton and Toronto
there has only been one phenomenon that I witnessed. It was not a saucer
but an orb. I am not going to claim that he is lying because I am not living
next door to him. But this story does smell a little fishy to me, because anyone
can come in here and claim they seen a UFO but only a very small hand full have ever given us proof and even that we still questioned it hard.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Try and take a half-way decent camera or camcorder if fishing, you never know.

Ding, ding, ding ding Ding ding ding Ding ding Ding

Ding Dong the wicked alien is dead.
Wicked alien, the wicked alien.
Ding Dong, the wicked alien is dead.

All sing along.

Now the photos or models of the manmade saucer was brownish that I saw with fins on the back on top and perhaps it was just a drawing of something they might be making or something just shown on the website. I am sure others here must have seen the same images of that saucer whether it is built or not, I do not know. That may have been last month or month before.

Other than that, only I guess a reasonable good picture (2 helps) or camcorder zoomed a little may do. But lights up in the sky I really do not think will solve anything and satellites or anything else like that in the sky.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
will the dog go out the front door and if he does, WHY
will your son go out the front door as well without any problems, if they both do, how big is your house.

is this problem just your back yard

will your son and dog go around the rest of the outside of the building with out any problem. if they do, why does the problem ONLY happen in the back yard?

spliffy

[edit on 20-8-2007 by spliffy]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Forgive me for skipping ahead and not reading every post so if this was brought up, my bad.

I thought it odd that the OP and a couple other "new" members all were spelling neighbor "neighbour". I'm not an English major, heck, I'm happy to just be able to read ;-) I assume that other places in our big world spell it in different ways? My thought was, well, is he answering or backing up his own post with more than one account. Not like it's never been done here before eh?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Mmm, seeing his reply, I think I'll reconsider my ruling that this is a hoax.

I apologize if I was harsh.

And I took a close look at some old Israeli coins I scanned at the end of last year and realized that yeah the edges of things in scans can look "clean-cut", so to speak.

So at this point I lean towards trusting the OP.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
As i told you this am on page 1 Texas_Longhorn you gonna get "crap" from some so nice that you came back with some more points about the painting.

As i also asked you on page 2 my 6 yr old saw the drawing and don't find the "shield" disturbing but the mean red man/being,i have tried to ask you to find out more as to why he drew the Red Man ..there could be more than you think.

Did he see the man? Did he speak to him? Anything relating to the man you should ask him ..I asked my 6yr old to see if i get a reaction or what a child would think & i don't hide all my vids/pics related to ufo's or "aliens" from my children in limitation of course but so that they can also see what i don't wanna hide from them as a dad..so they have a sense of how "alien species" are said to look like & so various ufo's ,but your red man made my 6 yr old use the word "mean looking".

*Also to people who don't know why this thread is going so strong could very well be the reason that there is a child involved (same as the Wicked Witch In The Desert thread which got flagged ,there was child involved)..Maybe some ATS'ers care when children are involved or where & concerned..so just give this lady time and let's try & help him/wife and son..and should this be a hoax a very bad one using a child i will still reply to the next person with such issues..don't just throw all down as a dumb hoax..we've been hoaxed by End Of The World predictions / August the big HOAX as an eg ..so many times and we all read that and shh'd until the time was there and the world is still spinning.**

*I apologize for thinking you were the wife..it was early in the am & was not paying att as should*

[edit on 8/20/2007 by qonone]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
TexasLongHorn, please tell us what medium your son did the picture in. Was it on the computer (what software?), crayon, watercolor, etc. This would be a big help. Any details regarding that to help flesh out the story. Andy

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i fully agree qonone
if kids are involved, it brings any subject to a higher level
but that does not mean other people will not use children as the main subject, but it does make a story sound more convincing.

but i find it hard to believe that the only problem area is the "back yard".

the child and dog must go through the front door, so why do they have no problem with the front of the house..
if aliens are flying "over" the house, why are they only afraid of the back yard...........
edit: add the word "not"

[edit on 20-8-2007 by spliffy]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn
I've started to double check everything my son watches on TV to see if there is anything like this.

Not to sound snippy, but you started doing this in the last hour or two? Not sure what that statement means. Andy

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliffy
the child and dog must go through the front door, so why do they have no problem with the front of the house..
if aliens are flying "over" the house, why are they only afraid of the back yard...........

That is what i have been thinking and trying to say but you said it plain & straight
..the "shield" being up in the air should be visible from all sides..but why is the backyard the scary part ..even to the dog?

Was there an encounter in the backyard..is it looming/appearing there,why the Red Man drawing?

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn
I've started to double check everything my son watches on TV to see if there is anything like this.

The long arms ,3 fingers (though some children do skip a couple in a drawing @ times) is very your X-Files alien like ,the red differs from all pics i have viewed ..i cannot find one pic of a red being in my collection ..google tells me this with red ..pasting the whole paragraph

"Color analysis has often been a means of determining a child's emotional state. A lot of black or red recurring in a child's drawing may be a troublesome sign.The colors are often an indication of depression or feeling hopeless or restricted. Red may indicate intense anger. Blues and greens are usually calm colors, and yellows and oranges often indicate cheerfulness. Therapists are not ordinarily concerned if a child does one drawing in one of the troublesome colors, but may want to investigate a series of dark drawings, especially if the content is also frightening or disturbing."

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
hey I think it might have really been a flying saucer but i don't know.If you can afford it you should get like 5 really sharp cameras with night vision and place them on the fence facing up toward the sky to where it can get ever angle.Im a true believer of life out in the universe even intelligent life that has been visiting us.I hope you figure out what is going on peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join