It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
two quick points :

first - the son describes the craft as " like cap americas sheild " - why does the picture supplied look nothing like thjat ???

second - the ethics of a mental health professional < sic > reffering a patients family to ATS is simply beyond belief , what did they hope to acheive by this ?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
I just cringe at the ruthless, instantaneous full frontal attack that everyone must endure who dares to brave coming on here with a sensitive emotional story, situation that they earnestly want help with.

I'd say everyone has been very cordial with him. I realize that you don't implicitly mean this thread only, But I think (with certain exceptions) the community here is very well behaved.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Do many people consider four and one half months later recent.

Can't speak for the many . . .

But this summer has zoomed by.

1. How long was the figure drawn before shared with parents.

2. How long did son express fears to mother before father was informed and sufficiently energized to talk to shrink buddy.

3. How long after that before really deciding to risk contacting a bunch of fierce, rabid anti-hoaxers?

I could easily see such drawn out several months.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Heh, the more I look at this picture the stranger it seems.

The eyes seem to be made up of two colors, a dark blue and black.

The mouth is a different color, being dark grey and black. I'd think that any child doing a dark eyes and mouth would not color them both a different 'dark' (grey vs dark blue).

There are no white pixels in the alien (except for two on the chin). Most children of that age won't fill in a figure that completely.

Still can't figure out how to get that red mottled appearance, even using the blur tool.

The blur tool was used on the UFO, but not on the edges of the alien.

If you do a 'negative image' you can see the background does look like the spray paint tool was used.

Question: why not have a child draw an alien and a UFO and then scan that? Why risk being declared a hoax by using an adult drawing in a PC paint program, fudged up to look like that of a child?

If you want to see aliens drawn by kids, have a look here:

aliensandchildren.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Here is what I find odd about the story. Being in construction for many years I have never seen one residential home with a 10 foot fence and rarely do people have 6 foot fences in their yard, unless privacy is a concern.

Commercial and industrial properties will have 10 foot fences but not residential homes, in fact most cities allow 6 foot fences only with a permit and consent from surrounding neighbors, anything higher won't fly.

But the story was interesting.

My neighborhood is mostly all 6 foot fences, and I see plenty of 10's around houses where people have pools.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I must be paranoid, but I get the feeling that this is just another story in a series that have plagued the internet of late , there’s a pattern to them that’s hard to define, like there need to explain “how it is they came to post this here ( not necessarily here but where ever they post)
It bothers me because there’s that part of me that thinks”what if this person telling the truth”
I’ll keep my mind open on this, as the OP surely will have more to say on this if he’s on the level

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
two quick points :

first - the son describes the craft as " like cap americas sheild " - why does the picture supplied look nothing like thjat ???

UHHHHH, PERHAPS because the figure he saw did not look anything like the fictioni?

second - the ethics of a mental health professional < sic > reffering a patients family to ATS is simply beyond belief , what did they hope to acheive by this ?

Wellllll, EXCUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZE ME!

ATS just happens to be a site with a wealth of expert opinion on the topic.

It is our (shrinks) custom to refer folks to experts who know more about something than we might. It is wisdom and very ethical to realize that one does not konw everything.

It would be unethical to avoid referring to a better expert and pretend that one knew everything sufficient about a complex mysterious etc. topic that UFO's represent.

Part of me wonders . . . where did you get your degree in psychological ethics?

Some things are simple. Some are complex. The issue is what's best for the client.

The father would LIKELY be quite benefitted from contact with some ATS folks.

Though I hope the shrink warned him to wear a hazmat suit before coming here.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I do not buy the story. Just a feeling IMHO.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

1. How long was the figure drawn before shared with parents.
...snip...
I could easily see such drawn out several months.

OK, I see your point. I'm waiting for more on this aspect.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Texas_Longhorn

First..........there are no aliens

Second.........There are no ten foot fences in your area.....it's flat.

Third..........Go back to the Dr. and tell him that you are seeing 10 foot fences in Odessa Texas. He will quickly understand about the aliens.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
I'd say everyone has been very cordial with him. I realize that you don't implicitly mean this thread only, But I think (with certain exceptions) the community here is very well behaved.

Yes and no.

1. Folks have been within our boundaries on civility, thankfully.

2. Depends on what the OP's expectations were and sensitivities are.

IF the OP wanted a good benefit of the doubt fair-minded hearing . . . a sympathetic set of ears and responses helping him sort through a complex, emotional, somewhat embarrassing etc. issue concerning his son . . .

what he's mostly gotten is a lot of fierce debunking, deconstructing of his post.

If it's a hoax, I suppose that's well and good.

If it's not a hoax, I hope he has a lot of thick hide and fierce assertiveness. Part of me wouldn't blame him for not showing up again out of sheer disgust at the lack of friendly supportiveness.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ugh, why?!?!

That image was not drawn on paper. It had to have been done on a computer.

This is the upper left corner of the alien's head. There is no way he could get perfectly square pixels in a non-computer drawing.

Seriously if the OP were smarter he'd have hoaxed it by drawing it himself, he must have been lazy...or maybe he doesn't actually have a scanner.

I knew this sounded too much like a movie.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It is our (shrinks) custom to refer folks to experts who know more about something than we might. It is wisdom and very ethical to realize that one does not konw everything.

I am not intending to sling mud here, but, why did you as a professional (you imply you are) write off the TV possibility when there was no information backing it up either way. That appears that a judgment was made based on your preconceived thoughts, not a more detailed investigation.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Second.........There are no ten foot fences in your area.....it's flat.

Third..........Go back to the Dr. and tell him that you are seeing 10 foot fences in Odessa Texas. He will quickly understand about the aliens.

Uhhhhhhhhhh . . .

It's usually easier to avoid appearing harsh, insensitive and cluless

IF

one will read the posts before pontificating off the top of one's superior loftiness . . .

The man is FROM Texas . . . living in . . .

CANADA.

Now what was it about flat??? Oh, yeah, Canadian tundra is flat in many places. He doesn't live there.

Sigh.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
sorry dont believe a word of it. Therapist directing someone to ATS? LMAO

[edit on 20-8-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Somebody check last time OP last posted. Another hoax. What a drag!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
reply to post by Texas_Longhorn

Go back and read through the posts from the OP. He is originally from Odessa TX, but now lives in Canada....Just thought someone should point that out to you. Andy

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
somebody already did point it out . If you cant tell the OP is full of it i feel sorry for you.

heres an easy way to tell. Give the therapists name/location and let the 3 amigos check it out. In fact the therapists seesm like an ATSfan im sure he'll chime in soon with a comment

[edit on 20-8-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn
I went into work and booked an appointment with the therapist we have on staff. I showed him the picture and asked him if the whole family was going crazy.

You have a lot of confidence to bring this up especially to a work professional. I had a sighting in 2002 and it was the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me.

Best part: I know that advanced craft are a reality. Fact. No room for debate there.

Worst part: I'm alone in my knowledge and it's led to nothing but more questions than answers. These are the biggest questions I've had.

1. Were there humans or ETs on board? (I lean toward human, which leads to a lot of questions.)
2. Did I see something that I had nothing to do with or did that vehicle know who I was? (Are they always around?)
3. Did I really see anything? The amount of disbelief that comes from sharing a sighting is enough to make you question yourself.

My advice is to just keep going about life as normal. Seeing the reality of what is considered impossible changes one's view of the world (global warming, war, fuel, politics, history, you name it) and that's where problems can come in.

Keep your eyes to the skies but don't become so absorbed in finding answers that you lose focus of the daily grind.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

Wouldnt what you are showing not be the the result of ANY image that had been scanned, maybe at low res, through a imaging client then viewed extremely enlarged on a PC display?

I cant do it where I am at, but just for S & G's I would like to see someone get a black crayon and in somewhat large font style, color out the word HOAX or whatever spanks your fancy, then scan it thourgh PS's twain driver setup. After all of that then zoom in on it 400% + on the edges and I would bet the result would be the same.

I'll try it once I get home just to see if the results are the same. This really needs to be verified before as usual, becomes gospel here.

Not saying you are wrong Kacen, but it needs to be tested and proven.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Lost_Mind]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join