UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
About the picture:

I think the picture is CGI, the lighting and the color are all off, the shadows aren't right at all either.... in fact, there are no shadows. I don't know who created this one but their CGI skills need some work, imho.

i agree with you. this picture was not drawn by a 7 year old child.

using resizer you can see the top of the head, shoulders, right foot and ribcage area sides are far too straight to be drawn by a child and look more like the computer generated lines you would see in paint or photoshop etc. and i don't know any 7 years olds who could paint so accurately inside an outline without making big mistakes like lines/blobs outside the main outline.

also, i don't think any 7 year old could have the artistic ability to create such a watercolour-type background as this picture has. they would most likely leave it blank. the smudge tool effect is also visible on the top of the 'ufo'.

this is a fake imho.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
i find a couple things odd about the picture.

the first one being the arms. now the arms are not down towards the sides of the figure but are almost in a hug position. the left arm is highly outward and rounded like a grabbing position. and i believe the left one resembles this as well.

the second thing i found odd was the waistline. there is an obvious change in the contour of the figure right in the waist area. the waist area being so small make the chest appear quite large. the waist area is very strange.

lastly the mouth is in a general frown. now, what i find odd about this is that the rest of the picture contains much detail, as in the hands and such. so now being that the hands are so finely drawn, i find it odd for the mouth to not be as seemingly accurate. unless of course aliens have smiley and frown faces that is. something is definitely odd with the mouth.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I must say that the guys who are trying to guess the cause of the boy and his dog being scared of their backyard have not read the posts from OP.

Come on, he has already said that ETs are visiting his backyard in Captain America flying shields and he has seen them with his own eyes. Now nothing remains to be said. It is a solved case.

Now, why has he decided not to tell this incident to police or his neighbors and ask for protection and surveillance in that area, is anyone's guess. His attempts to evoke sympathy by making the scared kid as a focus of the story is also suspicious. Its the UFOs that should take the focus. Even grown up men would be scared of such things, so its not at all important that the kid got scared.

Let us see if he takes some reasonable actions and provides some evidence, although I won't press him for that. A video of dog, as someone said, and of course video of the 'shields' would make the story more creditable.

Till that time, I'm taking this whole thing with a lot of salt

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Texas_Longhorn

Texas_Longhorn I am new here also. Don't have any idea how I found this site but it seems like it was supposed to happen. I've held an encounter in for five yrs. because I didn't want to be deemed a nut case. One evening ny grown daughter and I left my house going next door to visit my parents. We heard a humming sound and saw a blimp like flying craft hovering over my parents home. We ran back to my house and watched from the porch. It was silver and had multi colored lights. After just a few seconds it went stright up and then madea 90 degree turn and was gone. We jumped in the van and went in the direction it had gone. We saw it again very high and moving south westerly. We found 2 state patrol cars stopped with the officers standing by their cars looking in the direction of the craft. We watched it dart to the left and disapear. We went home and called the local police and the dispatcher confirmed what we had seen but said it was a military plane. I live in southeast Georgia and am close to several military bases and grew up 10 miles from what was Glynco Navy base that had a fleet of blimps. The object I saw was not a blimp. If it was a military craft then we are much more advanced than I could ever imagine. A couple of weeks prior to seeing the craft my daughter, who also lives close saw what she described as an alien. He was silver in color and peeping at her from behind a tree. She is a very smart woman and has never been prone to telling such tales.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
O.K....I'll go ahead and say it.

He's pulling your chain. This is not factual.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Guys I call it a hoax big time.
This drawing was made with paintbrush. There is no way a kid can use the mouse so well. Hoax!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
Sorry, but I want to scream when I read something like this about the Father's obviously heart-felt narrative about his son's feelings of fear.

I find the above interpretation, perspective to be in wholesale denial of a very important fact.

The boy is afraid of something(s) related to . . . drum roll . . .

THE BACK YARD

NOT

the TV!

Thanks, now I know how to take your opinions.

My daughter was fearful of taking a shower for a while after seeing a show about where something happened to someone while showering. I guess a monster really come up through the drain and attacked while see was in it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
you can see the top of the head, shoulders, right foot and ribcage area sides are far too straight to be drawn by a child and look more like the computer generated lines you would see in paint or photoshop etc.

I can confirm that the picture has issues. Check the straight edges which are caused by dragging a mouse and pixels. A scanned image will never have such sharp pixels.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Interesting case.

I also find the 'drawing' odd and would ask politely how the child produced the drawing? Crayon? Computer? Chalk?

How was the drawing produced? Scanned in with a scanner? Photographed with a digital camera?

The background looks menacing with the yellow and green shading, and the red inside the 'alien's' body is variegated and mottled.

There seems to be some white pixels all around the 'shield ship' which are quite odd and shouldn't show up like that in a drawing.

Sorry to analyze it like this. I'm also concerned about the child, but we have to take it one step at a time.

Thanks, and good luck!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Here is what I find odd about the story. Being in construction for many years I have never seen one residential home with a 10 foot fence and rarely do people have 6 foot fences in their yard, unless privacy is a concern.

Commercial and industrial properties will have 10 foot fences but not residential homes, in fact most cities allow 6 foot fences only with a permit and consent from surrounding neighbors, anything higher won't fly.

But the story was interesting.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I don't know what to think here.

I find the narrative interesting and compelling and at first thought, perhaps we're on to something here. However, some of you more cynical people are making me rethink myself.

OK - a referral to ATS from a health professtional is a little odd, I guess.
But the drawing, I dunno whether you're over analysing it a bit...

That said, I'm gonna sit firmly on the fence, flag it and see what happens.

I really do hope it's not another of the summer hoaxes though, I'm getting bored of them now.

Peace folks.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls
But the drawing, I dunno whether you're over analysing it a bit...

its not over-analysing. it's spotting the tell-tale signs of a computer generated picture as opposed to a simple child's drawing. if you have ever worked with raster graphics before or know photoshop well then you can see this picture was definately done on a computer.

try getting any 7 year old you know to draw a picture of a person (in whatever medium the OP claims the picture was drawn/painted in) and then scan it. once you zoom in on it you will see the vast difference between cgi and real. try getting them to draw a straight line. try getting them to colour in an outlined shape as perfectly as is done in this particular picture. try getting them to mix colours as delicately as the background colouring is. this picture is just an obvious fake.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have no experience of Photoshop - I'm a book guy lol.

I've gotta say that at first look it did look just like a drawing that some of the younger kids I teach would draw though. However, I accept what you're saying, based on the fact that I would have never of thought of looking for things like that.

I might have to download the free demo of Photoshop and try what you suggested though as a comparison with some kids' artwork that I have back in the house. Just so I can what you mean for myself - call it an educational experiment!

Kinda sad though, if someone would try to hoax in this kinda heart string tugging way, rather than the usual, don't you think?

I'll never understand the kick that they get from it.

take care

[edit on 20-8-2007 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
From the Exif data

File Size : 116 kB
File Modification Date/Time : 2007:08:20 08:25:20
File Type : JPEG
MIME Type : image/jpeg
JFIF Version : 1.2
Software : Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Compression : JPEG (old-style)
Thumbnail Offset : 332
Thumbnail Length : 3995
Displayed Units X : inches
Displayed Units Y : inches
Global Angle : 120
Global Altitude : 30
Copyright Flag : False
Photoshop Thumbnail : (Binary data 3995 bytes, use -b option to extr
act)
Photoshop Quality : 12
Photoshop Format : Progressive
Progressive Scans : 3 Scans
Document ID : uuid:0FD9EF8CBECADB118FF9F2FC0AFCE1A3
Instance ID : uuid:10D9EF8CBECADB118FF9F2FC0AFCE1A3
Derived From Instance ID : uuid:0CD9EF8CBECADB118FF9F2FC0AFCE1A3
Derived From Document ID : uuid:A2CA805FBCCADB118FF9F2FC0AFCE1A3
Create Date : 2007:03:04 20:10:56-06:00
Modify Date : 2007:03:04 20:10:56-06:00
Metadata Date : 2007:03:04 20:10:56-06:00
Creator Tool : Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Format : image/jpeg
Color Mode : 3
ICC Profile Name : sRGB IEC61966-2.1
History :
Orientation : Horizontal (normal)
X Resolution : 72
Y Resolution : 72
Resolution Unit : inches
Exif Image Width : 312
Exif Image Length : 487
Color Space : sRGB
Native Digest : Profile CMM Type : Lino

Profile Version : 2.1.0
Profile Class : Display Device Profile
Color Space Data : RGB
Profile Connection Space : XYZ
Profile Date Time : 1998:02:09 06:49:00
Profile File Signature : acsp
Primary Platform : Microsoft Corporation
CMM Flags : Not Embedded, Independent
Device Manufacturer : IEC
Device Model : sRGB
Device Attributes : Reflective, Glossy, Positive, Color
Rendering Intent : Perceptual
Connection Space Illuminant : 0.9642 1 0.82491
Profile Creator : HP
Profile ID : 0
Profile Copyright : Copyright (c) 1998 Hewlett-Packard Company
Profile Description : sRGB IEC61966-2.1
Media White Point : 0.95045 1 1.08905
Media Black Point : 0 0 0
Red Matrix Column : 0.43607 0.22249 0.01392
Green Matrix Column : 0.38515 0.71687 0.09708
Blue Matrix Column : 0.14307 0.06061 0.7141
Device Mfg Desc : IEC www.iec.ch...
Device Model Desc : IEC 61966-2.1 Default RGB colour space - sRGB
Viewing Cond Desc : Reference Viewing Condition in IEC61966-2.1
Viewing Cond Illuminant : 19.6445 20.3718 16.8089
Viewing Cond Surround : 3.92889 4.07439 3.36179
Viewing Cond Illuminant Type : D50
Luminance : 76.03647 80 87.12462
Measurement Observer : CIE 1931
Measurement Backing : 0 0 0
Measurement Geometry : Unknown (0)
Measurement Flare : 0.999 %
Measurement Illuminant : D65
Technology : Cathode Ray Tube Display
Red Tone Reproduction Curve : (Binary data 2060 bytes, use -b option to extr
act)
Green Tone Reproduction Curve : (Binary data 2060 bytes, use -b option to extr
act)
Blue Tone Reproduction Curve : (Binary data 2060 bytes, use -b option to extr
act)
DCT Encode Version : 100
APP14 Flags 0 : [14]
APP14 Flags 1 : (none)
Color Transform : YCbCr
Image Width : 312
Image Height : 487
Image Size : 312x487

Looks like the original was created in march 2007. Is some of this data related to a scanner input?

Edit to add:

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn
Recently my son, 7, has been refusing to play in the backyard alone....

[edit on 8/20/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Wow, the dog not wanting to go there shows something. Dogs can feel things we can't. I wonder why the grays would be visiting your garden though? Maybe they were interested in one of your neighbours.

Sounds like a real story, but someone could have made that up. Maybe if you go outside at night, and take pictures of the UFO this time?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Just like Pennypacker I read the thread but I doubted it from the OP's first post.

Where is the psychologist guy? If he recommended the site odds are he posts here and it's not like anyone is breaking the patient/doctor code as the OP already dropped the story and nobody is using real names.

So, why isn't this guy at least posting to say: "Hey, yea, the guy is legit!

Likely because it's not legit at all.

Also, to say a 7 yr old couldn't do that drawing is pretty narrow minded. I'm sure there are many 7 yr olds that could in fact do this. Maybe not many, but some.

Hoaxity Hoax hoax hoax Da Da!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Could the PC software have made it look that way when he scanned it? Just asking because I'm no expert. I would sleep close to that boy to make sure he is not having bad dreams from his sighting. Also the dog is going to be the key here, If it gets upset you better go check it out.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I scanned a picture through a HP all-in-one printer/scanner. It put camera data showing this device. I suppose if the scan was done through photoshop it would just have the photoshop tags. I haven't tried that so may be someone else here is in the 'know' on that subject.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see if the OP returns to rebut some of the skepticism. Andy

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Could the PC software have made it look that way when he scanned it?

Nah. You can scan a regular family photograph and it wouldn't create straight lines out of everyone's faces and shoulders.

And if it's a scanned drawing like, say, a watercolor, why in the world would it ever go through PhotoShop between the scanner and the internet?

Whether or not this was done by a 6 or 7-year-old, the "drawing" was created in PhotoShop.

EDIT: Then again, would it need to go through PhotoShop in order to convert it to a JPEG?

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Tuning Spork]

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join