It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
you know i would love to see video of the dog refusing to go out the back door, this would definetely strenghten your story to the few skeptics we have here.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
A few more questions, if you don't mind.

Has anything like this happened before, either there in Canada, or in Texas before you moved?

Have you, or any family members had any periods of time that were "missing", as in they couldn't explain where they had been, or knew they had been somewhere but it took a lot longer to make the trip or whatever than they thought was normal?

Are there any reports, even if laughed off, in the family of paranormal activity?

I know how these questions may sound, but they seem to bear on this subject in many cases.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Texas_Longhorn while on the thread the "shield' could appear to be a shield cause of speed as you said it's very fast ,but just again the red man if it's part of the "shield" means your son have seen more than just a ufo ..that is what i am thinking about.

I have showed my 6yr old the pic now and she knows all about dad & obsession with ufo's so she recognized it as a ufo as out of her mouth but the man she said with long arms,only 3 fingers and he looks angry as she is explaining what she sees.

(It is 5am by me she has been up for bout 30mins now so could be she is still in a dreamy world)..

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

dang if that isn't the cutest thing i read all night..

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
About the ''shield'' umm is it that you can only see it from the backyard or has it like ever landed in the yard or something. I dont get why the backyard would be such a scary or bad place if the saucer is just flying over head.

I think you should inspect your backyard a lil more closely and cautiosly.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Texas_Longhorn

Is there a way you might be able to kind of "gauge" your sons level of fear for us. I would think that for your son to react to something like he has he would have had to have had a somewhat prolonged and very close encounter with this object/event. Certainly more than some fleeting long distance encounter of something unknown.

It would nearly have to be an "intimate" encounter for him to draw any kind of long term memory based fear, certainly a fear based on something very real, at least to him. He would have to have been in the presence of an unknown, percieved as threatening and out of the norm long enough for him to realize that it might be dangerous to him in some way. I would think that fears like that have to have a bit of time to congeal in the mind...for most people that is.

Just curious, thx for the reply...LM

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Sorry last post of the night, getting late.

NGC2736 to answer your question, not from the top of my head can I think of anyone but I'll check further.

The question about my yard, my son more or less said it was the shields in the sky that he is afraid of. I checked the entire yard out though and found nothing.

Ok lastly, my sons reaction I think is that of a normal child. Think back to a kid, we all had those places we were afraid of. He's not losing any sleep about it, he just really does not want to go outside to the yard. Anywhere else he's fine though.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn
Howdy all

I'm not normally into this type of stuff, but this site was suggested to me by someone (More on that later) and so I figured it can't hurt.

Recently my son, 7, has been refusing to play in the backyard alone anymore. He used to play in the backyard all day while my wife did chores and what not in the house. She tries to make time to sit outside with him, but there just aren't enough hours in the day.

I went into work and booked an appointment with the therapist we have on staff. I showed him the picture and asked him if the whole family was going crazy. He asked me a couple questions, than assured me we were all sane, especially my son. But he did direct me to this site, and said he does a lot of research into this type of stuff and our experience is not uncommon.

Not many questions, if any.

The best site I know to help you is:

HTTM://WWW.ANCIENTofDAYS.NET.

Founder Guy Malone had such experiences including abductions--I think around the same age.

Now, he has helped dozens, if not 100's put a screeching halt to such deceptive and scary events.

PLEASE CHECK HIM OUT.

He has a DVD or two with lots of lectures by various experts to back up his conclusions. The media are available for whatever donation anyone cares to make--literally--even 50 cents.

More importantly, he has an extensive case history file of VERY SUCCESSFULLY HALTING such goings on even when they have been falling families down through several generations.

He also has some interesting statements from ALL the major researchers in the field WHO ARE LOATHE TO BE ON THE RECORD about it and swore him to not name any of them . . . .

If you want more, would be happy to U2U about it.

As a PhD in clinical psychology, I also do not think your son is the least bit crazy. He does need protected. Your dog will be no help--except MAYBE an occasional warning but probably not even that.

Personally, I'd have an MRI on him but only after you check with Guy Malone's site and decide whether you are going to stop such goings on, or not. I don't see any point in going to the expense as long as such goings on are continuing.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
you know, for him to draw the redman, he had to have gotten a look at him, maybe a nannycam in his bedroom might capture some kind of "activity" there? night vision would be best for this..infra red.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Maybe your son has seen something on TV, if he watches it, that has a similar theme. A character in the cartoon or show is frightened by something similar and your son has picked up on it. As for the dog, it would have had to sense your son's feelings. Maybe since it felt fear the first time it saw the yard, it has continued with the fear. I will admit I find that a bit odd as I don't think it would last with a dog that normally enjoys a yard.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind

Is there a way you might be able to kind of "gauge" your sons level of fear for us. I would think that for your son to react to something like he has he would have had to have had a somewhat prolonged and very close encounter with this object/event. . . .

It would nearly have to be an "intimate" encounter for him to draw any kind of long term memory based fear, certainly a fear based on something very real, at least to him. He would have to have been in the presence of an unknown, percieved as threatening and out of the norm long enough for him to realize that it might be dangerous to him in some way.

This psychologist thinks you are absolutely correct.

And, it sounds like either he doesn't want to remember the specifics enough to talk about them as they are too frightening to remember THAT MUCH

and/or

he is concerned he'd be ridiculed in some way. I'm thinking probably more the former.

Here are some questions for the boy:

1. Son, how many times--can you guess how many times you have seen the shield?

2. How many times have you seen creatures like the one you drew in the back yard?

3. Did such creatures touch you?

4. Did they do anything with you?

5. Did they take you anywhere?

6. What did they do that frightened you?

7. Did they hurt you? If so, how?

8. What feelings did you feel when you saw the shield or creatures? Cold, hot; sad, happy; rough or sharp vs smooth; . . . . what did you feel?

9. What did you see with your eyes?

10. What did you see with your mind?

11. What did you hear with your ears?

12. What did you hear in your mind?

13. Did you see the shield or the creatures in the morning, afternoon, evening? Which?

14. Have you had any dreams about the shield/creatures?

15. Have you seen the creatures in your bedroom when you were not dreaming?

16. How have such dreams or visits begun?

17. How have they ended?

NOW, DAD, I realize that these are leading questions in some respects. Deliberately so. I'm not interested in research about the phenomena here. I'm interested in helping your son.

Wording questions this way GIVES YOUR SON PERMISSION, MORE COMFORT to own such things. He sounds like a very bright fellow but also sensitive. The more permission and support he feels from DAD, I believe the more he will be able to communicate comfortably and specifically.

He must be terrified. Very terrified. Please avoid underestimating or dismissing or minimizing or pooh-poohing his fears in any way to any degree. No need to maximize them either but just treat them matter of factly would be my encouragement.

I would also communicate that--IF YOU CAN HONESTLY SAY THIS--THAT YOU WILL DO ALL YOU CAN TO HELP STOP SUCH EVENTS and to rid your home and yard of such a fear inducing presence.

maybe more thoughts later . . .

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
Is there a way you might be able to kind of "gauge" your sons level of fear for us.

I think that's an excellent suggestion.

Sometimes professionals have done good research with SUDs

Subjective Units of Distress

If I Recall Correctly, they ranged from 1-10 or 0-10.

And, basically, one just rated one's distress say from 0-10 as from no destress to maximum distress.

With a child of that age, one might want to suggest that 0 would equal beimg comfortably resting in mother's or dad's lap or some such.

10 might be about to be eaten by a tiger or some such.

So compared to those two boundaries, how would he rate the back yard experiences etc.

Or one could provide a middle example . . . maybe a middle example would be up to bat the first time on a new team at a new school or some such--maybe that would be higher for your son and in the middle for someone who was good at baseball and not at all shy. You could tailor a middle example to known stressors for your son.

You could also take a week or two and sak him say every 15 minutes for a couple of hours in the evening . . . what is your level of distress, now, son in the situation you are now in?

That would help you get a feel for his baseline feelings and stress levels as well as give him some reference points for comparing with the back yard stuff.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Maybe your son has seen something on TV, if he watches it, that has a similar theme. A character in the cartoon or show is frightened by something similar and your son has picked up on it.

Sorry, but I want to scream when I read something like this about the Father's obviously heart-felt narrative about his son's feelings of fear.

I find the above interpretation, perspective to be in wholesale denial of a very important fact.

The boy is afraid of something(s) related to . . . drum roll . . .

THE BACK YARD

NOT

the TV!

Had it been the TV, that would have been as obvious as it is that it's relate to THE BACK YARD!

Sheesh.

Children can be devious and deceptive but this has absolutely NONE of that ring to it in any way shape or form.

The lad is WHOLESALE AVERSE to going into the BACK YARD

NOT to sitting in front of the TV.

It could even occur as has been reported in some cases that ET sorts of critters have used TV's to influence folks--causing their image to appear on the TV or at least for the person's mind to see their image on the TV. There's no evidence of any such with this case, so far.

Nor is there any other TV related facet to it, so far.

I find lads such as this one exceedingly candid in expressing their fears to be quite transparent--they feel what they feel and report it straight out as what it is to them.

Concocting some illogical explanation to make the story more comfortable to the reader doesn't do the kid a bit of help, imho.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Now, I am not sure, but perhaps it is a question of your son watching TV at times and seeing some things there on the TV but in the end that is only on the TV, not ever seen in real life.

Now, it has changed and the son has seen it in real life and also you.

First you have to ask if the biped in the picture is actually a part of the picture or added like something that reminded the son on TV. You state you only saw the object fly fast overhead. That may only be the case with your son, the biped added because of TV shows.

Next if is only an object flying overhead up in the sky then it has to be determined if it is manmade or extraterrestrial in nature.

I could not find some photo websites that show pictures maybe someone else might know of those websites.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I like the dog story. I'm a backpacker and my dog is fearless and barks at anything that moves. One time, when I returned to the place that I had a bright light UFO type experience years later, he competely freaked out on me. Freaked as in the look on his face was pleading to let him in the tent, away from whatever was out there. I kept hearing things dropping on the forest floor, like someone was throwing rocks, and they were dropping right by the tent, but nothing was there, no rocks, pine cones, just dirt. So I was like "get your ass out there and protect us you wimp" while loading my gun and praying for daylight! Needless to say, I don't backpack in that area anymore.

Animals know and see things we don't, and it's probably for our own good, and sanity.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn
I assure you my son is fine, I would not be here if not the case. As for the shield I saw. It was shaped like Captain Americas shield, I know how that sounds trust me, and it either will streak across the sky like a frisbee or shoot straight up (I've seen it do this only once mind you).

Always completely noiseless too.

Well, bear in mind that Alexander the Great claimed to see "great shields in the sky" as well during the Seige of Tyre in 32 BC.

Just something to think about...

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
About the picture:

I think the picture is CGI, the lighting and the color are all off, the shadows aren't right at all either.... in fact, there are no shadows. I don't know who created this one but their CGI skills need some work, imho.

I agree. I definately know a Photoshop when I see one!

On topic again: Would it be possible for us to see more 'normal' drawings from your son? I would especially like to see how he depicts normal people.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
About the picture: You say your son drew that? The person is front view (acceptable), but so is the UFO. I'm pretty sure he would have drew it as he saw it. Which is from the bottom. If you said it was moving that fast then your son wouldn't have been able to see the top properly. Correct me if i'm wrong. Picture looks suss...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising
you know i would love to see video of the dog refusing to go out the back door, this would definetely strenghten your story to the few skeptics we have here.

I think this is a very good point and would definitely give your story some more credibility.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Originally posted by roadgravel
Maybe your son has seen something on TV, if he watches it, that has a similar theme. A character in the cartoon or show is frightened by something similar and your son has picked up on it.

I find the above interpretation, perspective to be in wholesale denial of a very important fact.

The boy is afraid of something(s) related to . . . drum roll . . .

THE BACK YARD

NOT

the TV!

The lad is WHOLESALE AVERSE to going into the BACK YARD

NOT to sitting in front of the TV.

Plenty of people, after seeing Psycho, were afraid of taking a shower. Plenty more, after seeing JAWS were afraid of swimming at the beach.

They feared showers and beaches and psychos and sharks, Bo Xian, not movie screens.

(Edited longer quote.)

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Tuning Spork]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join