It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This is the third post that I've made regarding the hoax label. I have also sent two complaints. NOTHING has been replied to by anybody.

Hello, can I get the attention of someone on staff?

We are already getting people posting that they are leaving ATS over this issue, and NOT JUST the OP of this thread, so I would think this would be important enough to deserve a wee bit of attention, even if I personally am not worth answering.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Don't have an opinion one way or the other on this, but I do have a suggestion to ATS staff. It seems it would be very worthwhile to have a policy that if you are going to label a thread a hoax, you go into the original post, drop down to the bottom, and insert a staff note that explains the reason for calling it a hoax. Just so everyone knows your reasoning.

There's my 2 cents worth.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn

Seems like a scooby doo ending to me! When the red man was caught they pulled off his mask to reveal.... captain america!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

We are already getting people posting that they are leaving ATS over this issue, and NOT JUST the OP of this thread,

Can you provide me the links to these threads, where people are posting that they are leaving because of this issue or issues like this?
If you dont want to post it, can you send to me via U2U please?
thanks

btw, I personally wouldnt mind seeing a footnote at the bottom of the original post, on all hoaxes, explaining exactly why a post is labeled a hoax.
Even though I believe this thread is a hoax, I'd still like to see if the reason the mods/mod give is the same as the reason that I believe its a hoax.

[edit on 8/21/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The opening post was edited by "TheBandit795".
Is he a moderator here (for changing the title) or is it a second id?
As far as I know, he is Dutch, because he is a frequent visitor at the xtrememind forum.
"Longhorn", btw, is the name of a device they are selling at xtrememind.com. Since, he is a regular poster there, it would be "strange", that he did not start a thread there as well.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by ClickClack]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I'm going to trust the staff on this one. Very likely they know something about the poster that confirms the hoax - either a direct admission from them or something they know from the IP addresses. They probably have a good reason for not making it public yet and we'll know the details eventually.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Okay, we've reached that point again guys.

Thread has jumped the shark.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Did anyone else notice....

The picture of Captain America, the star on his chest, looks like a KKK member running...

or maybe it's just me?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Did anyone else notice....

The picture of Captain America, the star on his chest, looks like a KKK member running...

or maybe it's just me?

Hereby confirming my previous post that this thread has indeed jumped the shark.

Actually I think we cleared a few semi-trucks too...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Bandit795,

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn
find another community that doesn't partake in witch hunts.

Since you are familiar with xtrememind, give it a try there.
Why don't you run a trend on it?
I had a good impression of you, but not anymore...
Admit it is a hoax, and I'll spare your name there.......

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You know what, I'd hate to see a UFO now, I don't have a camera, I'd do up a drawing.

Seeing how you all jumped all over this drawing, let's just say i'd never have a chance proveing what I saw, ever, folks would label it hoax and move on to the next person who posts a drawing.

I think i've said enough here.

- W -
* Who doesn't want to see a UFO now, or ever, as he'd never have good enough proof for the folks here, ever *

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Double post, IE was acting up

[edit on 8/21/2007 by Woulfe]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
From the top,

NGC, you have tried and tried to get a Mod to respond, and I admire that (I tried too!) but it seems they are out of town at the moment (or just not doing their frikkin job!) – yeah! I’m frustrated too!

Vallhall – I’m with you on this one! keep us landliners on side here, it takes time to download some of the jpgs here, if it’s a hoax – tell us on the front page!

mythatsabigprobe (I snorked when I read that!!)
Sounds just like Mr Bush when discussing….well….you know…..!

kacen – I just don’t get that,….. yeah!….I’m thick….only sometimes!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sigh.......

Does the drone situation really have us all so jaded that we give nothing and nobody a chance to prove themselves anymore? So many here have become 'professional debunker's' that many remind me of that guy from Skeptic Magazine who was on Larry King Live who I would love to punch in the mouth for being such a know it all arrogant prick.
The picture did look a bit shady upon investigation but was it not shown that other paintings/colorings also have the pixel issues? No chance was given to TL to show us anything else, and here comes the HOAX tag.
You know, it really bothers me that the HOAX / BAN hammer comes down so hard these days but someone who post blurry, 30+ year old photos of the moon claiming to see bulldozers and tanks while claiming outrageous accusations towards every established knowledge of society ( cough JOHN LEAR cough )
gets no such HOAX tag, but is PRAISED and given his own forum.

IMHO, something smells around here.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I've been reading this thread from the begining. Even though I don't usually post on the Alien threads because until one lands at either the white house or No10 there is just no way of proving anything, so we are left with peoples opinions and beliefs on this subject, I am going to post on this one.
I fully understand that when someone comes here and posts a video or pic of a UFO that some members have expertise in these fields (I myself have been in the digital print business for far to many years and wait to see how long before some shouts "HOAX" on some of the pics posted on here as proof lol) but I find the labeling of this thread as a hoax without a post from a Mod a bit mistifying.
I also feel that the OP has been jumped on and labeled a hoaxer a bit to soon IMHO. I feel that we here on ATS do have a job to do in researching and either proving or disproving someones statement/pic/vid, but we could have waited a little while longer to see if he was willing to post a vid of his dog or a pic of a "shield". We all have lives outside of ATS and sometimes getting the time to read an entire thread can take me a few days let alone posting more pics, set up a camcorder to capture my dog and take pics of "shields" flying around my garden.
I suppose I'm trying to say that I feel a little dissapointed by every ones abillity to scream hoax without there own research as soon as one or two armchair experts claim to able to prove something is fake.
If I ever experienced anything "Strange or other worldly" unless I was able to chop off an arm of the alien and post up alien DNA (which someone will scream hoax at!!) I dont think I would post here, and I find that a shame as I'm a big fan of ATS!!
edited to add this.
Maybe the mods can add a holding section when and if a poster believes he/she has found evidence that the OP maybe hoaxing us, the thread can be locked untill some kind of evidence from the OP can be found, to stop threads spiraling in shouts of hoax and bashing!!!!

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megadeth
Sigh.......Does the drone situation really have us all so jaded that we give nothing and nobody a chance to prove themselves anymore?

Don't forget the false-flag thread.

Everyone rushed to star and flag that suspicious and fraudulent tale before looking at the plot-holes in the story. Not only that, but some people vigorously defended and supported the original poster to the point where they were GIVING him the answers to fill the plot-holes before he even responded to legitimate skeptical questions.

I am sure that must have given the OP a real kick to see.

When the hoax was eventually revealed the result was that a whole group of members felt and looked foolish for not scrutinizing the facts before leaping to fend off any member that posed an intelligent question that weakened the story and OP's credibility.

Admittedly when someone posts a claim on a forum its not always easy to tell truth from tripe but knowing this (and you all should know this by now) you should ALWAYS approach each claim with skeptical curiosity. Not in an aggressive or hostile manner but with a rational calm.

If you've ever been on a forum and experienced frauds before...act like it.

Honestly I was starting to wonder if some people actually read the original post, or just get so excited when they see an "alien" title that they flag it up and push tripe like this to the top of the barrel?

I said this was more than likely a hoax/mock from the beginning and if the MOD's have dubbed it one now I'm sure they have good reason.

As I said I believe in extra-terrestrial life, but not every "experience" story I read regarding it.

Being reasonably skeptical is not the same as being jaded.

Dae

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I wholeheartedly agree, and its good to see you posting again Valhall!

Is it not time perhaps that ATS has a format to these types of posts?

HOAX = 90% sure, Hoax = 65%... I dont know but something needs to be done. HOAX should be a done and dusted thing, something where we can all see the why, in this thread there is none. The 'Texas in Canada' guy hasnt been given much time to come up with the goods.

I would personally would like to see a photo of the childs drawing and someone eariler suggested a video recording of the dog refusing to go into the yard. ANYTHING to back up his claims. Once this has been done, members would more than likely suggest other things to investigate the phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Also why would your son say ''flying shields'' it just doesnt fly...

UFO`s wre called flying shields in the time of alexander, no one would use that term especially not a child.
When i wread this story and only had 3 replies i had serious doubts

Dae

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
I said this was more than likely a hoax/mock from the beginning and if the MOD's have dubbed it one now I'm sure they have good reason.

If you are counting Byrd's post then one of her good reasons was wrong, the guy did say he lives in Canada. If the Mods have a good reason it would be nice if it can be shared.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hoax / Smox... we need to address the more important issue...

In that picutre of Captain America... why does he have a KKK member running on his chest, instead of a star

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join