It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
Fascinating. Not one person here is familiar with the psychology of REAL experiencers of the extraordinary.

Oh? Really?

How so--could you list such cues, specifics, puzzle pieces that convince you of such?

As anyone from anywhere is my witness and upon my immediate death by extreme physical torture if I lie or mislead, eveything I say is true to the best of my perception.

Granted, there's nothing anyone can SAY that's an absolutely airtight guarantee of veracity, but such a strong invocation goes a long way toward credibility, as I see it...

Welll, from what I've seen on this and other threads recently . . . I think such a preface would have about

as much influence persuading the debunkers hereon . . .

as used toilet paper's ashes from floating through a bonfire.

i.e. . . . not much.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i don't know why this has been called a hoax so quickly, there's nothing to suggest it is or isn't yet, that i can see.

I STRONGLY agree.

. . . perhaps take him out to watch for the shields with you, make him feel like he's the expert with the inside track and see how he reacts to that, a combination of you being interested rather than afraid of the objects and giving him the feeling that he is knowledgeable about them might yield good results.

Certainly that's an option.

I must confess, I felt a great aversion--almost a fierce aversion, when I read your suggestion.

It would likely elicit more info. But at what cost.

I would NOT be in favor of causing the kid to treat what I construe to be destructive creatures in a more kindly light. All the more so when he seems to have a pretty accurate sense about their 'benevolence' already.

[edit on 21/8/2007 by BO XIAN]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
No therapist worth the suit and tie he wears would refer a patient to ATS for the answer to their dilemma.
[edit on 8/20/2007 by pjslug]

Welllllllllllllll, that assertion helps me categorize the rest of your pontifications regarding their worth.

I knew at one time, 20-30% of the better therapists in the Western USA. I'd guess 85-95% of them

given a list of contexts and conditions, factors

would have referred a paying client to ATS for background info; to get up to speed on the phenomena etc. etc. etc.

There's dozens of variables that can go into such a decision to suggest checking such a website out.

I realize you are convinced that your PhD in clinical psych is worth more than mine affording you such a greatly loftier and more validly sanctified

DOCTRINALLY PURE ASSERTION OF KOSHER RELIGIOUS FACT

However, I still have a different perspective.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
As to the OP, I would suggest sitting down with your child and going over the incident in detail and then keeping a diary. Try to make sure your house and yard are secure and see that the child isn't left alone for a while.

I think that's a particularly wonderful set of suggestions.

Particularly not leaving the child alone for a while. Also, keeping a journal.

And you could encourage the child to write at least one sentence in a journal every night.

For some reason, I wonder if your house has a cat. If I remember correctly, cats can have some very overt and very undoggy types of responses to the phenomena. Not that alone that would make it worth getting a cat but I was just wondering.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I don't know if a child did the original or not but this OP does not deserve the false accusations about this not being a scan of watercolors on absorbent paper because he appears to be telling the truth. Folks, owning some software does not an expert make. I spend at least 30 hours a week in Photoshop and I had to duplicate the action to see if it was plausible. I knew from the outset what the mottling meant about the media and paper used but I proved it to myself first.

Watercolor work is quite obvious in this image. But then, I only have 15 years experience and I may not be worth listening too
With over 20,000 hours hands on with Photoshop I'm still fooled now and then by the masters at 3D modeling and animation.

THANKS TONS AND TONS AND TONS for some valid, skilled, experienced sanity to this thread on those issues.

You have confirmed my hunches. Though I have less than 5 hours time with Photoshop.

Thanks for affirming that treating the OP with some measure of respect is highly in order.

Thanks for bringing some balance to the seeming

DOCTRINALLY PURE ARROGANCE about such matters that seemingly is the new standard for posting on such threads.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Texas_Longhorn

You actually took the time to make a hand-drawn Captain America crayon drawing?

That is what you should have done the first-time, then you wouldn't have so many people hot on your trail. I see you made sure to go outside of the lines as well.

That brings up another thing, you seem to be a literate chap, wouldn't you have referred to it as a painting initially since it is done in watercolors using a brush? But you referred to it as a drawing, entailing pens/pencils.

I also see you've decided to exit stage left, rather than stay and be further examined, even though you still have many supporters and people who are still willing to hear your story. Hell, despite my vitriolic demeanor I would still like to see your video of the dog refusing to go into the backyard (make sure to photograph you 10-foot tall fence as well).

But I doubt we will ever see those things because they don't exist, at least not for me.

"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions."
Pablo Picasso (1881-1973) Spanish painter.

"He had that curious love of green, which in individuals is always the sign of a subtle artistic temperament, and in nations is said to denote a laxity, if not a decadence of morals."
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) Irish poet and dramatist.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by BO XIAN
Are you not doing the same thing you are preaching here.

Your post:

7. The dog and the kid's focus ENTIRELY was on the BACKYARD. Where's the need to go dig up some OTHER not-even-hinted-at concoction to explain the data. The SIMPLEST explanation is the story as told.

You have concluded no other factor can come into play.

HOGWASH. I've concluded NO such thing. I've stated no such thing.

I've merely railed at rushes to judgment and those from seemingly outrageous arrogance and impatience and no small amount of personal cheekiness toward a new member/poster.

I've also tried to offer MY PERSPECTIVE merely, about why a different view could be plausible--is plausible, to me.

I've owned my biases early on about taking folks at face value until proven persistently otherwise.

I don't appreciate folks pretending to mind-read me successfully when they haven't . . . nor their putting words in my fingers that I didn't write.

The simplest explanation is that ufos are harassing the child. The father has stated all meaningful facts.

MORE putting words in my fingers I did NOT write. I've only lobbied to give the father longer than 18 hours or so to provide more info before rushing

TO JUDGMENT
AND
TO SENTENCING
AND
TO WHOLESALE TRASHING of his story and his person as liar, hoaxer etc.

He's a NEW MEMBER, AFTER ALL!

Has someone stolen all the patience at ATS?

Of course a 7 year old is able to understand an explain all world and natural events.

This is nonsensical, to me. No one pretended or even inferred such a thing. Sheesh.

When did it become such a CRIME to wait for more info from father and son??? Why is that so horribly uncooth; dastardly, ignorant and of such a low IQ???

The father worked with the picture in photshop in March 2007 yet it is a recent development. His idea a recent is off,

I've explained my perspective on that score. But, given such lofty personages hereon, I realize that lowly serfs such as the father are routinely vulnerable to being judged and sentenced for not keeping all their temporal jots and tittles in pristine perfect order.

Why just the other day, I was 40 instead of 60 years old. What a shock.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn
It is not a hoax. If the picture was altered it was either when I resized, or I may have increased or decrease the colour of the picture.

. . .

To the people that are still interested in my story, please leave your emails because I would love to continue to hear your advice.

Sorry for your disappoitnment with ATS. Entirely understandable.

PLEASE CHECK THE U2U I just sent you with my emails.

You can find it by pressint the red u2u button at the top of the page or going to your memberscenter page.

God's best to you and yours regardless.

Thanks for the honor of considering your experience and story,

Bo

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Welp, if Texas Longhorn has left the building then I must confess that I'm a bit disappointed with this thread. Thing is: I'm sure who's at fault.

We skeptics did what we do best and asked some questions. You wannabelievers did what you do best and tried to give the OP every opportunity to allay our suspicions.

While the disecting of anomolies might have felt a bit too cutting at times, so did the cheering on. (Bo Xian, I'm looking in your direction....)

In my opinion, (and this is only my opinion, lest I be miscontrued as being too opinionated..), Texas_Longhorn is a hoaxer and he's been roundly, soundly and moundly exposed and has decided that he'd not like to suffer anymore truthiness.

Either that or he's a very thin-skinned twerp who can't bring himself to acknowledge honest, passionate skepticism, and to patiently respect it's place in this old world. (Bo Xian, I'm looking in your direction..
)

Good-bye, Texas_Longhorn. And, next time, don't adopt such a wussy dog.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Texas_Longhorn

I was never given the chance to film my dog, take a picture of my holding the original photo or try to photograph one of the shields before being ostracized, and I really doubt that when I do do any of those things I will be sharing them with this fourm. When I do (And I will) I will find another community that doesn't partake in witch hunts.

Yea, there is the out I was waiting to see from him. Now, in a few days, he will probably come on here and say, I got a picture of a Cpt America Shield flying over my back yard but since you guys were so mean to me, im gonna post them somewhere else..
I wonder how many of your neighbors will see this "shield" as well? or is it only visible to you and from only your back yard?
Its not uncommon for people to use a child in one of their lies, hoping it will increase their credibility and because most people will be more hesitant to call him a liar because a child is a part of his story (lie)
These "hoaxers" also seem to never be able to get hold of a camera in time to get a picture of whatever object they are claiming to see. Im assuming you have a camera, since i thought I read that you took a picture of the drawing right? i cant remember and im not going back but if so then I know that I would not even have gone into the back yard without a camera, even if its just a cell phone camera.
By the way, please do find another forum to tell your lies and post your images of Capt Americas shield to, tell your lies there.
If you do indeed have a son, you need to quit using him as a buffer in your attempt to fool people, its unethical.

BTW spork, I am a believer in the UFO phenomena and I'm not known as a skeptic on this board. I try very hard to keep an open mind, both ways but when something is as obvious a lie as this is, I have to speak out.
BS like this does nothing but hurt the search for the truth and believe me, I do want to know the truth what ever it may be.

[edit on 8/21/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

reply to post by BO XIAN

Whomever you are BO XIAN, you seem to be the kind of person that likes to ramble and meander on endlessly about what, he or she, doesn't like. I don't know you and you do not know me, but for some reason you've taken to addressing me like I'm a five year old who's spilled milk on your favorite teen comic books. What you could do is learn how to recognize questions. Everything I said is in fact "perhaps" or "maybe", it is all a question. All of it except my own opinion of not buying the story. But even so, since it is my opinion, and I stated it as such, that means that there is no conflict. I did not speak for anyone else except myself. I expressed my views. Views which you are welcome to read, ignore, or mute. However, simply because you do not like what I say gives you no recourse to argument. If you know what an argument is, then you would not resort to the quarrelsome behavior that you have exhibited, at least as relates to comments you've made addressed to me.

All of the personal attacks about me debunking, and making assumptions, and jumping to conclusions, and your usage of caps in your forceful attempt to make yourself appear to be more correct than I am. Sorry, but you've failed. You've failed because all you've offered in response is nothing but your own opinion. No conflict means that it's no worry to me, especially since you offer up nothing compelling to support your tiff. And therefore there's nothing left for me to respond to.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
So, now it's had it's title changed to "HOAX", but I don't see a post from a mod saying why. Was it that he was posting and answering his own questions from two different accounts like I suspected earlier? If so, can I have a cookie!

Seriously though, how about it mods, what's up? Was it the picture of Captain America that broke the camels back? That was kind of an in your face I'm making fun of you picture, IMHO.

And Bo, man dude, slow down.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
I realize you are convinced that your PhD in clinical psych is worth more than mine affording you such a greatly loftier and more validly sanctified

DOCTRINALLY PURE ASSERTION OF KOSHER RELIGIOUS FACT

However, I still have a different perspective.

And you wonder why people are getting upset at you for yelling at their opinions and their take on the story? You are allowed yours, why isn't someone else allowed to share their ideas, opinions, and feelings?

With that kind of attitude (referenced in the quotable portion above), I'm amazed you have any clients at all. If they disagree with something you say, do you nail them to a crucifix? Aside from that, your grammar in this post thusfar is far from exemplory so I can only conclude that you didn't get the highest marks in your English classes. What other subjects did you receive less than average grades in? Psychology perhaps?

However Bo Xian, you and I would agree on the following:

On another note, the OP does have a point. I agree with him in regards to his statement that we often come across as if we are on witch hunts. Even though the photo looks like a complete hoax, perhaps we shouldn't be so quick on the trigger to scare away newcomers. I am guilty of this, too. He might have a logical explanation for it, as he stated, such as adjusting the color. Those are things a newcomer may not think to reveal right away. He probably thinks his child's trauma is of higher significance. Maybe we should settle down a little bit and give the OP the benefit of the doubt for awhile longer if he decides to stay on ATS. It is a bad practice to scare away newcomers just because we scrutinize evidence and find issues with their stories. They are unaware of the methods we employ to shred a story to bits even when that story may be true, so we should tell them humbly what we plan to do before we thoroughly tear him down.

[edit on 8/21/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The *Hoax* label on this thread is disturbing to me, usually when such a tag is added to a thread it is backed up by a mound of evidence or at least the original post is edited with reasoning , i see none of this here.

i have read every post and the only hoax evidence is the analysis of the drawing that was scanned into a computer and manipulated by a computer (hence square pixels) although the solid lines of colours are indeed unusual for a drawing due to thickness of ink applied and pressure applied by the creator.

However the OP also has very little evidence and its all story telling, i too am leaning towards Hoax.
Maybe he just watched 'The Invasion' (dogs being scared etc)

what disturbs me is we seem to have a 'Guilty until proven innocent' culture going on. to analyze something subjectively you must be completely unbiased.

Clearly some skeptics doing analyzing are not unbiased in the slightest they are just clambering over each other to get the recognition. ( i to have been guilty of this in the past tho, lets be honest we all wanna be the one with the sharp eyes/brain.

And although like i said i have a general feeling of Hoax , If you were trying to prove this was real you would demand massive amounts of evidence and tear that evidence to shreds until we came to the conclusion that this is real... i believe to be labeled a Hoax it should undergo the same process relentlesly, this is the only way to be fair ... something i am yet to see on this thread..

just 2 cents

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

Originally posted by Blaine91555

None of your lines are perfectly straight, they all have minor variations. Not so with this picture:

Notice How the line is not only 100% straight, it is also completely parallel to the top of the picture. In fact take a look at any of the straight lines in the picture (there are many) and notice that they are always parallel with the edge of the picture, be it on the horizontal or the vertical axis. Does that strike you as odd?

As someone that did photo retouching and graphics design for a newspaper for 6 years, the thing that set's it off for me is not the straight lines, well, the LONG perfect lines were a flag, but the two pics show it off nicely here, IMO. The 'painting' has no pixels that are fading like the markers do. Where the computer scans curves it always has the fading pixels on most, if not all, the lines. Hell, it will do it even on perfectly straight black lines on white paper. You can see it on the marker lines where a slight curve is introduced, but this seems to be completely lacking in the 'painting'.

It's late and that might less precise than I intended, but between that and what looks like the airbrush tool in 'splotch' mode around the 'ship' just screams photoshop to me.

The fact that it was imported to photoshop at some point doesn't mean anything on its own, as was pointed out earlier with Twain aquires and such, but I honestly don't know of many people using that setup anymore. Especially people that aren't into graphics, they just scan and save and then edit, if edit at all.

All i'm suggesting by this is that if the pic wasn't made on a PC, it's a once in a life time scan, i've scanned thousands of lineart, greyscale and color(colour)
pics in my day, and had to retouch all of them. A scan of a watercolor would be amazingly messy on all the edges.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by sp00ner]

[edit on 21-8-2007 by sp00ner]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
At this point I still think it is a hoax but that does not mean I am right.
If this is not a hoax and this man is run off from this thread then I see why since names were actually thrown at him with the most recent being "twerp".
This is wrong and it's why as a recent ATS'r I'm considering not posting anymore because there are too many words wielded as weapons. With strong views and opinions everywhere, restraint must be exercised or this site will fail.

If this is real, then i would hope that Mr. Longhorn continues to post in the future with proof of his story.. that means video of the dog, a photograph of the watercolor, a visual of the fence or ANYTHING that can lend credence to his story. The reason why I ask for him to keep doing so is to prove the debunkers wrong because that's what we need if it's true. A dose of reality. Too many hoaxes have made people jaded. This site has a lot of clout in the public eye and unfortunately it takes more than a scan or 2 to settle itself in as real.

I feel very strongly about the UFO issue because it's the most important if proven and accepted as the norm of knowledge. If the whole world were unified in the acceptance then the world would immediately change for numerous reasons. For now people walk around and ask each other "Do you believe?"

OP - what your psychologist friend failed to mention to you is that this site has a deep psychological issue in itself. It's bi-polar.

My pole says this one is a hoax but I always hope for it to be true. If true, please prove somehow when you can as a true story like this would be of high significance for many reasons.

b

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Is this a joke?

Sometimes I visit this forum and I paid much attention to the endless cgi or not cgi discussion in the Haiti video thread...

I saw the hoax title in this thread and wondered if there was another video uploaded....

Then I saw the drawing....

Hahahaha!

This is humour.... really....

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Seeing as this thread is turning into a post-mortem of a 'possible' hoax, I will throw in my 2 cents.
I did a scan for assistance in the comparison of the drawing/painting from the OP. This elicited response from those who have a great deal of experience in matters relating to graphic and computer art. An anomoly was found.

This anomoly was explained by the OP, some accepted it others did not.
I have asked a couple of questions (which I think are pertinant to the investigation/assistance) to the OP, neither have been answered as yet.
(I must have left my 'cloaking device' on!) They particularly requested information on the residence. The answers to which would have helped enormously the validity of the claims - think it through team!

Perhaps not all Texans are made in the same mold as Davy Crockett, some do give up a tad too easily, and want to take their ball away just when it was getting interesting.

Mods! did you call it too soon?
BO! you had a long spell there and disected almost every post that disagreed with you, (some seemed valid, some seemed vitriolic,) walk away from the computer now and again, take a deep breath, DO NOT SHOUT OR CALL NAMES! it should be beneath you, after you have been trained.

If you are still with us Tex, just answer some of the questions and harden up a bit. The thick skin will suit you, as it does some of us. Peace!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
Is this a joke?
Then I saw the drawing....
Hahahaha!
This is humour.... really....

Yeah, we're talking all new levels. By page 2 scanning I couldnt tell whether or not the entire thread was a huge collective satire anymore, and gave up.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
one has to wonder why the psychologist recommended ats knowing that the poster would have his claims microscopically scrutinised and picked apart by the members here (whatever did the psychologist hope to achieve here?).

if he's telling the truth then his story should stand up under member scrutiny (or fall if its a hoax). to run off so quickly screams hoax and follows the usual pattern of ats hoaxes. anybody wanting to believe the story should be grateful that members will dissect it piece by piece. that is how you find the truth because if it is the truth then it will shine out as such. every question will have a plausible answer. it would be nice to find a story that stands up to such scrutiny but you cant just accept someone's first explanation if that doesn't add up under closer inspection either.

i haven't looked at the story to pick it apart yet. there are enough (known and unknown) oddities with the picture to know something isn't right with it. i certainly have a few more comments and observations to make on it which i wont do for now. it could be easily settled with certain conditions/questions lain down and complied with by the poster but as he's not coming back again it's not going to matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join