It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Fascinating. Not one person here is familiar with the psychology of REAL experiencers of the extraordinary. What Joe Redneck from Odessa casually dismisses as "a few questions from the staff psychologist" REAL experiencers are always glad to elucidate in detail the questions and the answers. I have a history of the types of anomalous experiences that I don't discuss publicly (any more), but if I'd experienced what Longhorn - and I'm from Austin, Hook 'em, baby! - claims he did, here's how I would've prefaced my story:

As anyone from anywhere is my witness and upon my immediate death by extreme physical torture if I lie or mislead, eveything I say is true to the best of my perception.

Granted, there's nothing anyone can SAY that's an absolutely airtight guarantee of veracity, but such a strong invocation goes a long way toward credibility, as I see it...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
i don't know why this has been called a hoax so quickly, there's nothing to suggest it is or isn't yet, that i can see.

if it's advise your after t_lh, i'ld suggest doing your best to calm the childs fears, perhaps take him out to watch for the shields with you, make him feel like he's the expert with the inside track and see how he reacts to that, a combination of you being interested rather than afraid of the objects and giving him the feeling that he is knowledgeable about them might yield good results.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
He says he will take a picture of the original. Let him. Although, of course, that proves nothing since he can print out the picture and then take a photo of it and noone would be the wiser... except, well, ermm....us ATS folk.
This is clearly a hoax. No therapist worth the suit and tie he wears would refer a patient to ATS for the answer to their dilemma. "Captain America shield".... that's a good one, never heard that line being used before. Very creative. Poor kid, I'd really make sure he didn't tune in to late-night re-runs of X-files anymore, as well as the Cartoon Network.

If I'm wrong in calling this hoax, I'll humbly apologize. But I don't think that's going to happen.

[edit on 8/20/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Texas_Longhorn

So because you live in Canada now you use the British spellings of words? All children in America are taught to spell color a certain way, just like all British children are taught to spell colour a certain way. If you really were from America, you would use the former.

I see this has been labeled as a hoax by the mods, A ban will most likely follow shortly thereafter.

May you gorge on the rotten fruits of your deception.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Now now, lets all be patient, this was only posted yesterday, give Mr. Longhorn some time. Yes, I too think this is a hoax, perhaps I've been desensitized by all the other let downs. I'm waiting patiently for more "evidence", but my hopes are not that high.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
"I went and talked to my son again, and he told me about "shields" flying over the house. I was really confused and he showed me a Captain America comic he had. He said they were like his shield, only they flew over the house. "

As the son has some Captain America comic, could be the red man based on the character RED SKULL?

[edit on 20-8-2007 by casu10]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Having read some additional posts, including one analyzing watercolors on heavy paper, I'm not as concerned about the veracity of the first drawing.

Though I'm still puzzled by certain artistic aspects, such as graded shading of the background, and the complete fill of the red alien without bleeding past the lines, I think it's possible with water colors.

In my opinion, it's premature to call it a hoax.

As to the OP, I would suggest sitting down with your child and going over the incident in detail and then keeping a diary. Try to make sure your house and yard are secure and see that the child isn't left alone for a while.

Good luck and thanks for the replies to the questions.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

You are lying.

That picture was made using a computer. There are perfect straight lines all over it, Thanks to Trappedsoul and others for pointing them out.

72 dpi scan shown at 300% without re-sampling shows obvious straight lines. These lines were drawn on plain paper with Scholastic Brand Washable Markers. I drew these without any special effort quickly one after the other.

I don't know if a child did the original or not but this OP does not deserve the false accusations about this not being a scan of watercolors on absorbent paper because he appears to be telling the truth. Folks, owning some software does not an expert make. I spend at least 30 hours a week in Photoshop and I had to duplicate the action to see if it was plausible. I knew from the outset what the mottling meant about the media and paper used but I proved it to myself first.

Watercolor work is quite obvious in this image. But then, I only have 15 years experience and I may not be worth listening too
With over 20,000 hours hands on with Photoshop I'm still fooled now and then by the masters at 3D modeling and animation.

Texas,
You should scan the original drawing at 300 or 600 dpi.. No filtering including any sharpening. Save as a .jpg but at the very best quality. Photobucket alows larger images. A better scan might serve you better than the one on page one. Post that and it will be more obvious that it is a scan and not a computer image. You might even do a small portion of the original at 1200 dpi to show clear detail.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Not like theres a way to prove it or not but my guess is that he is lying about having a son as well.. or he may have a son but i doubt hes involved in this, probably just a pawn..
Its a lot easier to lie about something like this when you use a child as the "source" because you can always say, I dont know and when I asked my son he got really scared and didnt want to say or something along those lines..
Im sure some of you know what I mean. Regardless, there are just to many things, to many inconsistencies in his story.
Like all of a sudden being from Canada after someone mentioned why a Texan was spelling the word "color" the English way, ie "colour"
The biggest thing for me was him saying that his "therapist" sent him to this site for answers instead asking him to bring his son in or something else.. but send him to ats??

Hes a liar and should be banned for violation of the rules on ATS

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Why is this being labled as a hoax? I don't see why. Longhorn said hes going to provide proof.

The other guy drew up a water color photo and it had straight lines too.

I think he HOAX from the subject should be removed until their is evidence this is a hoax. Maybe I missed it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

None of your lines are perfectly straight, they all have minor variations. Not so with this picture:

Notice How the line is not only 100% straight, it is also completely parallel to the top of the picture. In fact take a look at any of the straight lines in the picture (there are many) and notice that they are always parallel with the edge of the picture, be it on the horizontal or the vertical axis. Does that strike you as odd?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This is very interesting to see if the OP trys to come back with more proof of his story.
It's compelling just like tedthecaver.com. Great read btw if you haven't been to that site. Once you read it, find out about the original story..

blaine scanned some media above and his pics prove furthermore that the OP's original pic is computer generated. the lines around the red man are too harsh. There is NO blending.
Scanners don't default to the resolution showed and resizing to the size shown would 100% BLUR the edges around redman. There would be PINK mixed in with the red mans outline.

HOAX

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have followed this thread for many pages. I have heard both sides. I also know that someone like Blaine doesn't talk without having made himself sure of his facts.

Can we all step back from our "position" on this and just try to wait for more information? Is that so hard?

Give the OP time to put more flesh on the bones of this story. Look for things that can be checked and rechecked.

I too feel that there is something " off " in the telling of this, but I'm not out to get a gold star over being right.

Tex, just lay out what you have, provide more as you are able. There are some of us, even those who are skeptical, that are willing to listen without being judgmental. We withhold a decision until we have enough facts because we are not so insecure that we need to prove our value.

Just try and answer the questions from those who pose intelligent ones, and ignore the rest. It's all you can do if you are sincere. And if you are a fraud, then know that this too will be found out. The ball is in your hands.

My real concern, should this prove to be more than a run of the mill hoax, is for the well being of the child.

Edit by NGC---Can't seem to keep from using caps when I don't need to.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
its seems every month there some one who comes along with an amazing story who is apparently referred by someone to this sight. To me the story from the get go says "hoax". Throw a kid in it with some kind of emotional problems and a scared German Shepard, please. I notice that these stories get a lot of attention and end up turning into hoaxes anyways.

I say until I see some live feed or these flying Capt. America shields maybe then will I change my mind, Maybe. Although I suspect it’s the same person tell different stories.

We should have a contest on who can tell the most believable story, I guarantee that there will be all kinds of folks coming out of the wood works for this.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Please re-read page one. The OP clearly says he's from Texas and had moved to Canada. He did not suddenly change anything.

Third post of his:

I am from Texas, Odessa to be exact. I moved to Toronto, Canada for a job and this is where we live now.

On page 7 Byrd confirms his IP is from Toronto:

an IP check shows that he's actually living in Toronto, Canada.

Though I'm not completely happy with the story, I still think it's premature to call it a hoax. It would be unfortunate to drive away a real experiencer by being too hasty.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Exactly correct on all counts! It's too early, and too little known to decide one way or the other.

What ever has happened to the idea of the word "open" in open minds? Take in the information with an open mind, wait till you have enough information to go on besides a "gut feeling", like our wonderful Homeland Security Chief, and THEN start debunking.

Can we spell "Rush To Judgment"?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by geemony
BO XIAN take some notes on how to reply to someone you disagree with. your sarcasm leads one to wonder if you practice this same technique at work. I would think if you had 35 years of expieriance in the shrink field you may be a bit more professional in your responses to people you dont know.

Perhaps so.

On the other hand . . . with different fingers . . .

the relentless, virtually merciless assaults on a very simple story without waiting even 24 hours to see what else might be gained, or not, from the OP . . . increasingly grated on me to the max. And, none of my other protestations seemed to register at all.

If sarcasm is all that registers, I sometimes resort to it. Not gleefully but as a measure of extreme frustration.

In terms of people I don't know . . . true . . . I don't know the individuals . . . but I had tons of info about their impatient assaultiveness on a relative newcomer perhaps gingerly sharing his family's experiences.

But then again maybe the odor you smell is your upper lip.

Interesting. I deliberately left that line very ambiguous as to which side was the smelly side. Interesting that you assumed the side you did.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Im having a hard time believing it's a hoax because I can't think of a hoax when children were used for better hoaxing.

If this is indeed a hoax then we have hit a new low and if it isn't a good case for our local ATS psychiatrist I don't know what is.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Run a check on your dev psych books -- the drawing wasn't made by a 6-8 year old. but by an adult emulating a childlike style. I won't give away the pointers here, but if you glom onto some of those books you'll quickly spot the blunders by the adult.

Really. It's a "D'OH!" sort of moment.

Really.

Perhaps if you know as much as the above . . . you also know that such assessments are at least as much art as science.

I remain NOT totally convinced on either side of the pic issues. Seems to me there's plenty of points on both sides.

But if you'd decided the issues according to the laws of the Medes and Persions then obviously I shouldn't bother you any further with my poor perspective.

Oh... and the fact that he has a second ID, and an IP check shows that he's actually living in Toronto, Canada. I'm sure our fellow Canadians can pop up and discuss how likely it is for UFOs to be flying over one yard in the city and not be seen by a LOT of other people in the city.

Of course, they'd be merely giving their perspective from their vantage points.

But, I guess that since this poor bloke has already been declared beyond the pale . . . their perspectives from their vantage points will automatically be accepted as infinitely more valid. Is that the way that works?

I forget what the Chinese idiom is for such situations . . . something about the one who sticks his head up first gets it chopped off first.

Wellllll, we do have to maintain doctrinal purity around here. /s

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
reply to post by Badge01

Like all of a sudden being from Canada after someone mentioned why a Texan was spelling the word "color" the English way, ie "colour"

I'm from Canada and that's how I was taught to spell colour. I was told Americans spell it 'color' without the 'U' so he could very well likely have picked that kind of spelling up from here.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Somerset]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join