It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rodebert
reply to post by Havalon

the pixels in your drawing match evenly over the white and pink surface. I can even see the edges of your scanner. This is very different from the picture of the red creature.

Yeah, this was just a quick sketch using one piece of pink chalk. Now that I know the OP's said his son used water colour (the pigment changes according to the dilution rate) however I think that Trapped soul (above) showed clearly the difference between scanned and photoshopped.

Thanks for the efforts.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
the picture looks like it was done in corel paint or photoshop. not to mention there's some pretty good shading technique involved for a kid. i'm a graphic designer and when i saw the picture it jumped right out at me as familiar.

so, the kid knows how to use the puter

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Lol, this guy is stringing you people along. A parent comes in with a problem of his son seeing ufo's, therapist "therapy" is to send him to ATS website.

parent comes on here with this "story" and a drawing he claims his son made on paper, photo analysis suggest that the photo was created with a pc software, probably ms paint.

I was born during the day but not yesterday

my opinion this guys a liar: *hoax.*

[edit on 8/20/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rodebert

I even got more examples!
This is taken from the same picture, you easily see that a different brush is used:

It's impossible that a scan would act like this.
It even looks like a filter is added to the edge of the UFO, I know have seen that effect before.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by knows_but_doesnt

Neighbour is the english way of spelling the word, anything else is not english.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
thanks for the extra info texas longhorn. i look forward to the new paintings but is there any chance of getting some video of the dog behaving scared or maybe the shields, or better still, both? if only to stop people going on about weather or not the painting is genuinely a painting. photoshop on the brain.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
thanks for the extra info texas longhorn. i look forward to the new paintings but is there any chance of getting some video of the dog behaving scared or maybe the shields, or better still, both? if only to stop people going on about weather or not the painting is genuinely a painting. photoshop on the brain.

I'll see what I can do about borrowing a camcorder. I might just spend an hour or so outside, while the weather is still ok, for the next few nights and hope to get a picture of one of them. If anything, just to prove to myself that I'm not losing my mind

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Why do some people still post hoaxes here while they know that in time the members will expose it? Is it to waste time??

Dear hoaxers...

Why do you always want to waste people's times?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
About the drawing, it's clearly made by a computer software. By far what I've seen in sprite arts (yes, unfortunately I'm into 2D stuff), the border looks like a original sprite and really far away from being a hand-made draw.

The only way it would look like this is applying the pixel art technique, which I doubt he did it.
Now, people are talking about the "tool" used by his son would affect the appearance, but I don't think so. Just search somewhere like Google Images for "Draw", "Oil Draw", "Crayon Draw" to see the difference.

For me there's not enough facts to support this history.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Texas_Longhorn

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn
It was done using water colours on this thick type of paper. I got a book for him because the water colours would leak through the normal white paper.

The therapist is only in Tuesdays and Thrusdays, so I'll pop in tomorrow and talk to him about it.

You are lying.

That picture was made using a computer. There are perfect straight lines all over it, Thanks to Trappedsoul and others for pointing them out.

Also, let me pose to you this question: How does a good old boy from Odessa Texas, whose first salutation was "Howdy all", end up using the British spelling of color (colour)?

Come clean.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Sorry thought I'd add this. I'm not sure who the red man is supposed to be. Like I said, he told me he just started to draw and this is what he made.

Hi TL, Maybe come right out and aks him who the red man is in the pic. Some have pointed out the pic was made with a computer.

And i just read the last few post after i posted and agree with the experts here on the pic. Seems you are lieing about how the pic was made. care to answer them?

[edit on 20-8-2007 by geemony]

[edit on 20-8-2007 by geemony]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Why isnt this guy banned for violating the terms?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Hi T_Lh,
Have you had the back yard checked out for anomolies, what was originally under the house/backyard site. Was there ever anything that could could give off methane, for example an old garbage site.

I would check into it, the reason? well, for the dog to be scared of going out there for one. Throw some meat out there for him, see if he is still reluctant to go there.
Looking forward to seeing your sons pictures.

I admire your patience with some of us here who may seem sceptical, but at the end of the day we just want to try and explore all aspects of this phenomina.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I found this intriguing at first but as soon as you guys analysed the drawing and described the pixels and straight lines it all fell apart for me. I use photoshop so I am aware of this because I often had the same issue using a mouse, so I bought a graphics tablet and pen, lol.

You guys have spent 6 pages delving deep into this and TL comes back with ''one'' post about going to see the therapist again.....
(lol)

Well either he is just a busy man and hasnt read all the posts yet or he ignored them and probably wont be back because you have blown him up. lol

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

It was done using water colours on this thick type of paper. I got a book for him because the water colours would leak through the normal white paper.

Wow. Lots of assumptions going on here with no expertise or proof. Let me help you out here Texas. Always glad to help people who came from that tiny state down south. How is it in Canada?

First let me post two pictures. The first is your image at 300% with no re-sampling. The second is a quick masterpiece by me with some watercolor markers. It is as plain as my overly large, well earned, 50 year old beer belly that the original was done with watercolors or water based markers. You can clearly see the texture from the uneven absorption of the watercolors. You will also note that the size of the pixels is identical.

Firstly many seem confused about resizing and re-sampling. The reason the pixelation matches on both images is that we both scanned the original images at 72 dpi. I then increased the size by 300% but I DID NOT re-sample the images. Therefore the larger I increase the images size the larger the square pixels because I have not altered the image by re-sampling. If I were too increase the size with re-sampling, such as bi-cubic or others, it would have a smoother edge because re-sampling uses an algorithm to average between pixels. different methods of re-sampling give differing results. Whenever you re-sample you are adding information that WAS NOT in the original.

You may also note that where the different colors from the water-based colors blended I got the same effects your child did from the blending. Your child used more colors in an obvious attempt to add more realism which is great for a 7 year old

I have no idea about the Captain America Shield or what the images depict but this image is consistent with a child's rendering done in watercolors or watercolor markers on a absorbent, cheap, heavy paper often used in sketch books given to children. It was then scanned at 72 dpi with overly aggressive sharpening applied probably by the scanning software. (You may want to check your settings for future scans as aggressive sharpening when scanning at low dpi often gives those nasty white pixels
)All comments being made to the contrary are erroneous due to lack of knowledge or experience.

Good luck with your child's fears. No matter how unreal or senseless they may seem to any adult they are very real for a child. The child is what matters not ATS or anyone here. If this seems real to your child it must be treated as real. I would not put any stock in advice from strangers on the net. If your Therapist is also a family friend you need a new Therapist. Being friends takes away anything that makes the relationship work properly. Your friend should refuse to get involved and refer you to someone else they trust. Not to ATS IMHO.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I am so sick of seeing this thread. Get over it. Even if its real he has no proof. I completely concur with the ATS member who called bulls*@t on the therapist referring him to this website.

Not every interesting tagline has merit and some that may seem boring actually bring about great discussions - when they actually stay on topic! Let's raise the bar here people.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hi Longhorn

When do you believe your son drew this picture and when did you resize it for posting for viewing here? Glad ya have a relationship with your son, it will pay off now.

[edit on 8/20/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

The therapist is only in Tuesdays and Thrusdays, so I'll pop in tomorrow and talk to him about it.

You are lying.

That picture was made using a computer. There are perfect straight lines all over it, Thanks to Trappedsoul and others for pointing them out.

Also, let me pose to you this question: How does a good old boy from Odessa Texas, whose first salutation was "Howdy all", end up using the British spelling of color (colour)?

Come clean.

I live in Canada....

The picture has been resized more times then I remember trying to fit in on disks and what not. If it's distorted, that's why. I will take a photo of the actual picture if you want. I will put a couple more drawings he did up.

Listen it doesn't really matter if you believe me, I know if somebody told me this I wouldn't believe them either. I think I've been quite open about this whole thing, which wasn't easy. All I am asking for is advice, not for you to believe me, if you don't that's fine, but I really don't need to hear about it because it doesn't help me further my situation towards a more positive ending.

Ask the head guy, forgot what he title is, to check my computer and see what city I am posting from. If you still don't believe me, I'm totally fine with that but I do think the personal attacks against my character are really abrasive and uncalled for.

I will try to be as helpful as possible to those whom are interested though, because I have gotten some really good advice from some really kind people so far.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
How do you feel about your thread being declared a hoax?
It is a shame that it took ten pages of discussion to come to this conclusion although this has become the norm here of late particularly in the UFO thread.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by pmexplorer]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliffy

Originally posted by Pocket4ce
Tip of the day: look more into the Varginha incident, Varginha being a small town on the center of Brazil. The Alien being that was seen was reportedly red as well.

sorry Pocket4ce
you have lost me here....
this explains what, we have more than one red alien running around or they are the same alien..

I'm not claiming anything. I just think that if the supposed being's color was indeed supposedly red, that a being with red skin was already reported before. Just that.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join