It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over house, son scared to play in the backyard

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Howdy all

I'm not normally into this type of stuff, but this site was suggested to me by someone (More on that later) and so I figured it can't hurt.

Recently my son, 7, has been refusing to play in the backyard alone anymore. He used to play in the backyard all day while my wife did chores and what not in the house. She tries to make time to sit outside with him, but there just aren't enough hours in the day.

Anyways, when I got home she asked me to talk to him. When I asked him he just told me "It's scary" and left it at that. I went outside and walked all around the house to make sure he nobody was trying to get into the yard (We have a 10 foot fence, I don't see how it's possible anyways).

This went on for a while until my wife asked me to do something about it. My brother has a German Sheppard he has been looking for a home for, so I offered to take her off his hands. I figured it could keep him company outside, and if there was some weirdo lurking around, well, the dog would take care of him.

Now here is the real kick in the head. I brought the dog to the back to bring porch to let her out, and she wouldn't go. She welped and I literally had to push her to try to get her to go outside and she just wouldn't go. Now I knew something strange was going on.

I went and talked to my son again, and he told me about "shields" flying over the house. I was really confused and he showed me a Captain America comic he had. He said they were like his shield, only they flew over the house.

When he was showing me I noticed some pictures he made, and one made my blood ran cold. I asked him what it was and he said he didn't know he just drew a picture and this is what he made.

So the next few nights I went outside by myself for a few hours, and I'll be damned if I didn't see one of this shield things he was talking about. It looked like one of those flying saucers from a cartoon or something.

I went into work and booked an appointment with the therapist we have on staff. I showed him the picture and asked him if the whole family was going crazy. He asked me a couple questions, than assured me we were all sane, especially my son. But he did direct me to this site, and said he does a lot of research into this type of stuff and our experience is not uncommon.

Anyways thats my story, thanks for reading. Here is the picture he drew if you all have any questions.

[edit on 8-21-2007 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
OMG! ..poor baby, that drawing gave me chills..
maybe it would be a good idea to set up a cctv camera recording the back yard a night vision one too..
dang that is horrible poor little guy.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
what else can you tell us about the area you live in?

Have your neighbours or friends or other people that you know seen anything similar?

Does your family have a history of encounters with UFOs/ETs (think something along the lines of Taken)?

I'm just trying to get in before people scream hoax. However I think that you are the real deal, for now... We shall see...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Wow! That was a very captivating story. It has an air of truth about it, however; so do many other stories.

You say you have seen these saucers, do you see them often? Is this still occurring? Can you get photographic evidence? Can you describe exactly what you saw?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Wow I'm more impressed with your story then any I've come across for a long time, Purely because the fact that your little son is a witness. Is your son scared because of the unknown, or because this phenomena is coming across as a negative force? I imagine this episode must be worrying for you all. You should try to get some footage so some experts can take a look at what your son is experiencing.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I couldn't help but notice the biped in your son's picture. Is that him or something he has seen associated with the craft?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn
[The therapist] asked me a couple questions, than assured me we were all sane, especially my son. But he did direct me to this site, and said he does a lot of research into this type of stuff...

First, I'd say get a second opinion. It seems a bit odd that a psychologist would direct you to ATS.

Secondly, could you describe the "shield" in more detail?

And whereabouts in Texas (I presume) are you? Are you near an airport? What time of night did you see it, and at what time of day did your son usually play alone outside?

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Wow I'm glad at the response so far. I'll try to field a couple questions.

The area I live in is rather..."diverse" shall we say, so my neighbours usually don't associate with one another. I've never seen anything like these before in my life. Next time I go to visit my Uncle I'll ask him if he has ever seen anything like that before, but he'll just call me a nutcase or something

My son is not fond of what is going on, that much is certain. But he acts perfectly normal in all other situations (Baseball, appetite, drawing), he just really does not like the backyard anymore. Same with the dog, I have to walk her up three blocks to do her business in a park because she still spaz's every time I go near the door.

As to getting a picture or video, I can sure try but the damned things move so fast. I'll see what I can do though.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorn
But he did direct me to this site,

Are you kidding?

The first thing I'd do is to put the house on 24 hr guard and ask more questions to the kid. May be he is just 'playing scared'. Kids do all such imaginary stuff.
I'd also advice to take him to a hypnotherapist, who will dig out the memories in detail.
And do not rely on dogs and such for this. This not exactly a scientific method for investigation LOL

Edit: I see that you say you saw the ufo with your own eyes. Now this is interesting, but hard to swallow.

[edit on 19/8/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
About the picture:

I think the picture is CGI, the lighting and the color are all off, the shadows aren't right at all either.... in fact, there are no shadows. I don't know who created this one but their CGI skills need some work, imho.

Thanks for the story though, please keep us updated.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hi longhorn. I'm in Texas, SE area. What general area are you living. I get the impression it might be metro like Houston, Dallas, Austin. Can you give a general location in the state?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by promomag

ok mr. promomag, as frickin funny as that was, there is a little guy involved here and we need to give him the benefit of the doubt on his artwork. ya hear?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

While I cannot fault a second opinion as being sound advice, what is so odd, as it would seem you are implying, in a professional person referring someone to this site?

It is not as if this site is the cyber loading platform for idiots. There are a number of well educated people here. It could be that the referral was based on that person having been to this site, and feeling that the people here would be less likely to ignore the gist of the matter.

I cannot claim to know what is or is not true in this story, but I cannot think that this would be an unlikely place to start looking for some kind of answers, were I the one involved.

And since the OP will face this sooner or later, who wants to be MR. Popular and be the first to yell hoax before anything is really known?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Oh sorry, I knew my name was going to cause problems.

I am from Texas, Odessa to be exact. I moved to Toronto, Canada for a job and this is where we live now.

As for the airport question. I live in an area of Toronto called "North York", so no, I do not live that close to the airport. It actually is quite a distance away.

I was also surprised when the therapist told me about this site. He is a good buddy of mine though and we often have lunch together when our times match up. His opinion was though that as long as my son doesn't have a stark change of personality I have absolutely nothing to worry about.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
oooohhh odessa (totally off topic) famous for football, gotta love it.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Texas_Longhorn, I am hoping that your son has no long term problem with this, and that the therapist is right.

As I am curious, have you ever seen anything like this "shield" before? And could you give a more detailed description of it?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed ,on the camera side you say they are very fast ,does your camera have burst/multi shot setting,very standard even on a 2 mp cellphone cam ?

I suppose you mean to catch them at the right time and "be ready" but when you do go outside keep it in that mode ..video if possible that would catch the movement even split second someone here will be able to clear that up for you, as you see there are those who are skeptical (they have their reasons) ,myself will not write your story off as for the drawing is very disturbing in a way esp the mean red man/being look.

You being new here please understand even if some sound "off" towards your story we have read so so many things which lead to nothing and that made ATS'ers more stubborn,so keep on sharing & bring what you can,anything you see/feel and that count for your child's reactions ..and your dog.

The dog issue beats me as he won't go outside at any time,your child don't wanna play outside at all just makes me think it could be something there more often than you think there is..just imo.

Cheers,later

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
North York is a mixture of suburban homes and high rise apartments so there could be a high probability that your neighbors or some other people from your neighborhood saw something.

Some details on those discs would help. Their size, altitude, lenght of observation, movement, color and anything unusual you may think of.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Texas_Longhorn, I am hoping that your son has no long term problem with this, and that the therapist is right.

As I am curious, have you ever seen anything like this "shield" before? And could you give a more detailed description of it?

I assure you my son is fine, I would not be here if not the case. As for the shield I saw. It was shaped like Captain Americas shield, I know how that sounds trust me, and it either will streak across the sky like a frisbee or shoot straight up (I've seen it do this only once mind you).

Always completely noiseless too.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Captain America Shield
The shield has great aerodynamic properties: it is able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Its great overall resilience, combined with its natural concentric stiffness, enables it to rebound from objects with minimal loss of angular momentum. It is virtually indestructible: it is resistant to penetration, temperature extremes, and the entire electromagnetic spectrum of radiation. The only way it can be damaged in any way is by tampering with its molecular bonding.

Link

It mentions flight characteristics. That's an interest object to pick to compare with the craft. So it's a disk of sorts.

[edit on 8/19/2007 by roadgravel]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join