It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This The man You want To Have in a Crisis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Obviously, some are unaware of JFK's severe health problems, or forgetting that FDR was in a wheelchair...

I'd rather have someone who has panic attacks, or a physical handicap, than someone who is mentally retarded (q.v. GW Bush)....

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Obviously, some are unaware of JFK's severe health problems, or forgetting that FDR was in a wheelchair...

I'd rather have someone who has panic attacks, or a physical handicap, than someone who is mentally retarded (q.v. GW Bush)....

Good observation but, JFKs medical problems were well hidden before and during his presidency and did' nt come to light until many years later.

FDR always made a point of standing during his campaign and afterwards in his presidency when making public appearances. His condition also did not affect his decision making ability.

My question was specifically asking members doe's Dean now have the qualification to make decisions of the brevity required in the job of president, I did'nt ask if any current or past presidents were qualified but only asked about this specific individual in light of the panic attacks and to go a little further now, the reported temper tantrums and issue flipping.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

Originally posted by Gazrok

Good observation but, JFKs medical problems were well hidden before and during his presidency and did' nt come to light until many years later.

FDR always made a point of standing during his campaign and afterwards in his presidency when making public appearances. His condition also did not affect his decision making ability.

My question was specifically asking members doe's Dean now have the qualification to make decisions of the brevity required in the job of president, I did'nt ask if any current or past presidents were qualified but only asked about this specific individual in light of the panic attacks and to go a little further now, the reported temper tantrums and issue flipping.

peanut farmer, actor, nazi/mafia legacy, rumrunner, ....anybody's qualified apparently. it's all about the power behind the oval office. always has been.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

Originally posted by shoo
You know what this shows?

That this is finally somebody who really really has a heart for his job there. Remember when you last time hyperventilated or been in such a situation. I myself had something either when I was damn happy to achieve something or when I realised that I need to get myself together and give 1000%.

Thumbs up for Dean
he ain't doing it as normal business he really has the people in mind. Why else should he panic being there to care for 600.000?

Anybody with me on this thought?

shoo my point is this,

SIR! Norad reports 8 positive ICBM launches from the Korean peninsula - Recommend DEFCON raised to max and release missiles for counterstrike...........You have 14 minutes sir before impact west coast.....Sir! Sir! Siirr ! ...........Ah H#LL get the Vice President on the horn NOW !

Anybody with me on this thought !!!

First of all this is such a bullshi-t example.
Second, it isn't Bush who would take the decissions like that and it wouldn't be Dean.

You guys are so off the way that you really think Bush is running anything? He is just too dumb for it, so when you could choose between an ape with extreme republicans and a democrat who cares about his people and with normal people...you choose the ape?

The military stays the same anyways, your example is totally foolish. I really can't understand how blind some people here are that they really think the voted presidents are running the country. It is and always was their management doing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join