It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need explenation, wake up death

page: 1

join
share:
PSP

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm going directly from the start,

I think some of you guys have this to, so i just wanted to talk about it and find an explenation for these strange things cause I'm getting sick of it!

Most of the times when i got to bed, i almost directly fall in sleep, but 3 of the 10 times i get a sort of weak up death. Then i feel like i shock up or something, like i fell in my bed from a few feet high, how can i stop this? but sometimes it really scares the # out of me.

At the moment i'm 16 years old and have these experience since 3 years straight..

And another little thing about dreaming, i almost never dream, or i forget them even before I wake up but lately I'm having these dreams that i'm getting followed buy some strange guy ( cant see his face ) and then suddenly i come to my house, i open the door, get inside en try to lock the door, then he pulls on the door nop and i win that battle with the door and lock it, and then i wake up screaming or sometimes crying.

Do you guys have this dreams/experience? and have an explenation for this?

Already thanks!
PSP

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
A weak up death?? I'm not really sure what you are talking about there??

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think he is talking about that thing when you are sleeping, it feels like you fall awake if that makes sense. Almost like you trip at the exact moment you wake up. That happens to me sometimes if that is what your talking about.

Also sometimes when I am just about to fall asleep I'll all of a sudden twitch and her a loud shock or boom noise and I'll be wide awake. I don't know what that is but it is strange. Sometimes it is even accompanied by the wake up tripping feeling I was talking about above.

I think this is what your talking about but it is hard to tell from how you typed it.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I can't tell you anything about the abrupt way you wake up. However, in dreams when you're running from someone or something, it symbolizes some problem/situation that you're afraid to face (or running away from) while you are awake. Since you are able to get the door locked and are in a safe place, it sounds like you already know what needs to be done and ultimately you'll be safe. You need to confront whatever is troubling you so you won't keep having the dream.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This is my expierance with this. for years I would wake up in the middle of the night after having a dreams that I was falling or any type of dream where I was being chased or in danger, when this happened I would jump in my sleep and could not catch my breath---very scary. After years of expiercing this. I was in the process of having gastric bypass surgery done and had to have a sleep test, they discovered I had bad sleep apnea. and never would enter REM. I would actually quit breathing in my sleep and my brain was telling me to wake up, I was not breathing and that's where the jump would come from. That is how the Dr's explained it to me, now I wear a cpap maching which pushes air down my nose and to my lungs and I have not had a dream like that in 2 years. Not sure if that helps but wanted to post it just incase it would help!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The dream would be better explained as above given reason,i am no dream expert so can't be any help there but on the waking up shocking/falling/jolting feeling i would say yet again see a gp to be safe..

Reasons for that can be so many different things but if this happens in a sleep state ,it can relate to sleep apnea or anxiety ,esp the latter & esp if the dream explains you are having some difficulty (like being chased) it can relate that you are a stressed out person and anxiety is such a bother...tbh you go to sleep but your brain does not rest thus shooting you with "signals" as you changing sleeping state ..non REM to REM

We think we are busy dying from a disease or have a serious disease and that is so many times thanks to pure crappy anxiety..panic attacks as you would know one of the sides of being stressed,Anxiety does call for medical attention,even if you take a sleep study which would be great but then i don't know how easy that is for you,can you talk to your parents and tell them & see where it goes from there.

I am a "stressed out" person & have had this experience in my teens i (still now & then) honestly sat it out for years,finding out years later i only suffer from really minor epilepsy (which i truely cannot say if that had anything to do with my sudden wake up calls) ,i had the shock/jolt while awake & only then i went to see my doctor and found out.

What is truly strange is that i was replying to another user experiencing a shock feeling while awake when i read your post i regret not mentioning it earlier as i had shocks not only the one time but a quite a few times at a younger age when going to bed and falling asleep..so i won't write that off,though i never mentioned that in previous visits to my doctor i had other "signs" of anxiety to go on meds.

The tablets they prescribe sucks..though you feel better you get addicted without knowing,rather sort the issue out than to hide behind pills cause in the long run if you are an anxious person you start relying on those meds,there are ways they treat you now being on those meds with short term basis....opt for short term use if you can or if it is the problem ..Anxiety

I really hope you get this sorted as that feeling is even worse when you are awake and try and check it out for safety and your well being.

PSP

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Yes i have those dreams that digitalassassin discribed here, it is so hard to make this good reading for you guys, because my English is not that good.

But anyway, you guys helped me really, i told my mom about this today and she really didnt think we need to see an docter so.
I told her that i have been smoking for quite a while, and I think this was my problem that was following me in my dreams, this night I didnt have that dream, and hope next time neither.

Thanks guys for the good advices

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Hi PSP

I'm not exactly an expert on Astral Projection, however I have read up on the subject over the years. What you are describing could be your astral body returning to your physical body after a bit of a wander.

Apparently when your two bodies recombine, there is a bit of a jolt, kind of like falling a small distance according to people who astral travel.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I heard the same thing about astral projection. apparently when you sleep is when this other astral body explores the other realms...i too suffer from that more than 5 times a month atleast so i started looking into it and that makes the most sense to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
hey i get these all the time too, use to get it heaps as a baby i was told. this was explained to me as ur heart skipping a beat as u are starting to sleep, then it tries to make up for that by skipping twice as hard for a moment, and this shocks ur body. usually in my dreams i trip over or fall from a height then wake up and feel like ive jumped. hope this helps

gumby

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Having strange sensations when your falling asleep is a form of Hypnagogia. The Jumping or jolting is specifically a form of Hypnagogia called a hypnic jerk, and is a natural thing to have occur at various times throughout your life. Everyone experiences some form of hypnagogic hallucination at some point, it occurs naturally in Stage One Sleep as your brain is first entering the state of sleep. Unfortunately there is not much you can do about this beyond what qonone stated, which is to go have a sleep study preformed and see if you possibly have some contributing factor which is increasing the time you spend in Stage One Sleep. Something along the lines of sleep apnea can cause you to linger for longer periods in Stage One, due to repeated arousals, and increase the chances of you having a Hypnagogic event.

As to your dreams they are not really something that a sleep center will deal with, there are only a few dream research labs in the country and most of them are connected with psychology programs at colleges. Sleep labs generally only deal with dreams if they are Night Terrors, which are technically not really dreams. Dreaming is more of a subconscious issue then it is a medical one, so a psychologist may be a good person to speak with besides a sleep physician. You might also try looking around the net at some sites on dreams, and see what you find. A good place to start is here:

The Dream Doctor
Chase Dreams
Faceless People
Doors

I think you will find that you can somehow relate this dream back to something you are going through in your waking life right now. Normally that is what a psychologist will help you work through so the dream ceases.

[edit on 8/21/2007 by defcon5]

top topics

join