It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter fly bys indicate war is ahead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
sorry that my post double posted i dont know wats going on
but a C130, 4 apaches, 5 blackhawks, 3 littlebirds, and 5 kiowa helecopters just passed by. By the way i live near dallas texas.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I would pay serious attention to this.

I am someone that has atleast half an idea. And when i hear or see anything of this nature it send's a deep alarm bell ringing.

I only hope that all the activity may be down to some form of resolution and not destruction.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 26-8-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wow, thanks reporting guys. Sounds a lot of activity is under way...

Anybody else seen unusual military movements recently?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Before the first Iraq war, my wife and I noticed that the C-5 were flying over our house about every 5 minutes. It was pretty amazing.

I didn't notice it for the buildup to this war.

Well they must have been doing touch and go's because we only have a hand full of C-5's.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
this is what i am on about sure looks like something big to happen thanks for posting this i was looking for this

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hey guys, just thought I'd chime in here. I live on the coast about an hour south of San Francisco and we've been having some fly overs for about two - three weeks now. They've all been later in the evening, between 9pm and 12am. It's only sounded like one chopper for each instance though.

Due to the late hour and my lack of knowledge to military helicopters, I couldn't tell you what was flying over. Now it IS possible it's just the Coast Guard making the rounds, but the surf has been flat for weeks now, and we just don't get helo's flying around our city/town to begin with, let alone late at night.

The other odd thing is the closest military field is over at Moffet Field. (About an hours drive by car.) I don't want to just "jump to conclusions" or anything, but even my wife commented on how weird it's been. Not sure what to make of it at this point.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Prior to major conflicts the US military conducts combat maneuvers to test theories/strategies en mass. And given that all the New Future Combat Systems will be phased in within the next few years it makes sense to test all the new gear en mass. www.army.mil... Don't be suprised if the navy conducts these maneuvers off the coastlines of city. We did this kind of stuff for the year up to WW1 & 2 as well as Vietnam, Gulf 1 @ 2. The real question is...who are we prepairing against? Iran really wont be a fight, so what is there.

China

They have a more then 600+ million troops available to call to action and an economy to support it, Russia is also getting there. Both countries pubblicly sell Iran weapons.
CIA World Factbook

So whats gunna be the powder keg that sets off WW3?

Israeli terrorist groups blowing up the Dome of the Rock...Iran will suely respond as well as the rest of the muslim world, thereby drawing everyone else in for vested oil interests.

Pakistan destabilization...Raouge nuclear power that bombs india over that kotly contested peice of land

Chavez invades one of his neighbors eventually leading into Mexico

The truthe is we just don't know. But rest assured Something probably will set the world off sooner then later. And it's gunna get ugly for all of us.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have witnessed and increase in the C130 activity around MPLS/St Paul Intl Airport where the National Guard has its 133rd airlift wing. They fly training missions constantly but the number of C130s in the sky has been higher than usual.

It does seem just like the increase in activity prior to the Iraq war in 2003.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hmmmm.. Interesting to have run across this thread, cuz just the other day a military-looking copter flew low over this little town heading south. I live in a high-rise with alfalfa fields surrounding, and the windows were rattling, which is what caused me to look out to see what had caused that. Maybe not much news in larger towns, but here the ONLY copter we ever see is the only one in town, at the hospital. That's the only one I'm aware of for a couple of hours in any direction. Am in the northeast corner of Nebraska. Am thinking the copter could have been heading south to Omaha (couple hours from here), where Offutt AFB is. Offutt is the US Air Strategic Command Headquarters, where Bush holed up immediately when 9/11 happened. Not much else in Nebraska except corn, alfalfa, and cows. To have a military-looking copter fly low thru our little area was a bit strange, and am sure had heads turning all along its route south.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well I dont know if this is relevant, but I came across it while surfing. It's probably just another conspiracy rant without any evidence to back up their claims, but interesting none the less. Check it out.

mparent7777-2.blogspot.com...

$4.5 billion options bet on catastrophe within four weeks.

The two sales are being referred to by market traders as "bin Laden trades" because only an event on the scale of 9-11 could make these short-sell options valuable.

There are 65,000 contracts @ $750.00 for the SPX 700 calls for open interest. That controls 6.5 million shares at $750 = $4.5 Billion. Not a single trade. But quite a bit of $$ on a contract that is 700 points away from current value. No one would buy that deep "in the money" calls. No reason to. So if they were sold looks like someone betting on massive dislocation. Lots of very strange option activity that I haven't seen before.

The entity or individual offering these sales can only make money if the market drops 30%-50% within the next four weeks. If the market does not drop, the entity or individual involved stands to lose over $1 billion just for engaging in these contracts!

Clearly, someone knows something big is going to happen BEFORE the options expire on Sept. 21.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yes, kindred that's discussed in depth in another thread. This here is dedicated to unusal military moves or deployments...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I know you guys are all talking about movements in the US but i'm in the UK and the other day I saw 9 jets flyin close to one another in two echelons of four and the 9th at a slightly higher altitude out in front. they were all real low and flying over the city. I think they wee jaguars but they were quite far away. No air shows that day and rarely get military jets flying over plymouth when there aren't.

struck me as odd and now i see this thread. thought i'd throw it out there.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Very interesting. At first I thought nothing of it, but the C130 activity inmy area, whihc is normally pretty heavy for training purposes, has slacked off dramatically in the last two days.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Can't say I've seen an unusual amount of military stuff around here (St. Louis)... Every few weeks or so I'll see some F-18s or choppers fly overhead, but nothing out of the ordinary.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is very weird. I also noticed some different flight patterns today. I live in central IL and our local ANG unit is the 182nd Airlift Wing. I see C-130s flying either into or out of our airport about 3-4 times a month. While at my kids' soccer games this evening I saw two flying around the city in an almost circular flightpath. I've never seen that before. This morning I also (heard first) caught a glimpse of two blackhawks flying low over the city heading in the direction of the airport. I have also seen a couple of KC-135s flying around in the last week, don't normally see those here.

Anyway, my 2cents.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

I found this thread interesting, as yesterday I spotted this article in the Australian
www.theaustralian.news.com.au

I have found a thread by Terrapop
ATS Thread which alludes to the same. There is a video in this thread, but am having trouble openning it as the internet is pretty slow today. Not sure really what the video is about and just assuming that it is the same due to thread title.

Anyway I'm trying to research Bob now, but as said the Internet is giving me grief. What do you people know about him?

If his source is correct we can expect the long anticpate strike on Iran to be before January. I would expect public opinion in western countries or ME countries for that matter would be critical of an action like this due to Iranian threats of sleeper cells ready to strike the West and allies, and for that matter the protracted wars already going on. Can anyone say "spread thin".

If this was to happen I would expect this conflict to ballon to a full-blown world war. Recent Russian actions to show the world that they have rebuilt their previous soviet era muscle, joint military exercise with China (Russia and China), and foriegn investment in Iran by both of these countries, signals a very unhappy new year for us all.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I've spent some time at my dads house in the southern California desert and noticed an alarming number of fly by's and over both day and night. Keep in mind he lives between several military bases. I used to watch the jets and helicopters fly by every once and a while but now its worst then the freeways in LA. Here to in southern Nevada I've seen and heard the helicopters fly over and seen a groups of 4 to 10. Crazy stuff's a happening hope your all ready.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I have seen some apache attack copters over downtown atlanta a couple of times in the past week. Never in groups but they seem to fly odd patterns odd patterns alone. I have also seen a few more c-5 transports than usual.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Helicopter and tanker traffic here in western North Carolina again today. Not really heavy, but keeping in line with previous days...Andy

apc

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I started a thread about the increase in local traffic back in June but it generated no interest.

This is the post:

--

KCMO - More chinooks than normal.

Another one flew over today.

I've lived at this location for about a year. I have never seen them before. Then a few weeks ago I leave for work and there's one coming straight at me. Flying from the SW to NE.

More often I see them flying along the same course, almost directly over my home, from NE to SW. Now I see them once, sometimes twice a week. I'm only here in the mornings and evenings, but I see them at both times.

I know of no bases along that trajectory. Whitemans AFB and Ft. Riley are almost due East and West, respectively. Leavenworth is to the NW.

The fact that they seem to follow the same path both ways suggests to me that they are following a common route between two locations.

I first started seeing them before the EF-5 tornado in Kansas, so I know they aren't flying recovery assistance.

Is anyone aware of any explanation for this increased activity? Could this be simple routine training that I wasn't here for last summer?

--

Note I don't know what the US versions are called, so I have called them Chinooks.

I'm still seeing them but I have since moved and am no longer in their common path, so I don't see them as often. I've also seen a group of three large single rotors flying West to East but I could not identify them at distance. I suspect they were flying from Riley to Whitemans... I've never noticed them before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join